Walk Away The Pounds - May Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • Hi guys, I recently purchased a few of the WATP tapes and love them. I started the tapes on 4/13 and have walked 25 miles since then. I want to challenge myself to walk at least 40 miles in the month of May. I think keeping track of my progress on this thread will keep me motivated to reach my goal. I recently decided to make a healthy change in my life by exercising at least 4-5 times a week and of course eating better. I could definitely stand to lose a fews pounds but more importantly I would like to just become healthier. Hope to hear from more of you walkers out there!!
  • I'm with ya....
    Hi Jules....I was hoping someone would come up with a challenge. I would love to join you. I just started back with my WATP tapes as well in the past couple of weeks. However......I want to get into the habit of doing it everyday, so my goal is to log in 56 miles for the month of May (2 miles x 28 days...going on vacation on the 28th for a few days).

Thanks so much for starting the challenge....and good luck!!!!
  • challenge
    I am going to try at least 50 miles this month.

Kristi
  • I love my WATP< my goal for May is to walk at least 48 miles.
  • Hi Lin, Kristi and Heather!! I'm so glad there are other walkers out there. I think we can use this thread to really motivate each other to get those miles in. I walked 2 miles this morning. What tapes are you guys using?? Any suggestions?? I have the 3 mile for abs and the 4 mile express challenge. I really like the 4 mile tape. If I don't have time to walk all 4 miles I usually stop at 2 or 3 and stretch. Good luck to you all!!
  • Jules I have the for the Abs 1 and 2 mile. I do the 2 mile and sometimes try to do the 1 mile as an extra added bonus. but i really wish i had the 4 mile express. or even the 3 mile. i am getting used to the 2 mile and would like to bump it up a little.
    well today i am doing 2 miles after i drop hubby off at work. whoohoo
  • Yeah i did the 2 mile today. said i would and i did.
  • I did the 2 mile today too. I've got 7 miles for may so far!
    Michelle
  • Way to go Heather and Michelle!! I did 2 miles today too!! Heather, I bought my 4 mile tape at Target for $9.99. Keep up the good work ladies!!
  • total so far is 4 miles. and friend jsut got the express tape so this afternoon i am headed over there to take a peek, and hopefully get some more leslie sansone time in. lol
  • Hey Gang! Great idea!

I think I have just about all of Leslie Sansonne's walking tapes and I absolutely LOVE them!!!! Walking is my exercise of choice. I either do the tapes or walk at the mall during my lunch hour, which is good because it gets me up from my desk at work and gets my metabolism going. (I have low thyroid and need all the exercise I can get).

Between the tapes and mall walking, I walked 38 miles in March and 33 miles in April. This month I am off to a slow start, but after lunch today, I will have 5 miles so far. I think I'll shoot for about 35 miles this month.

take care,
    Cathy
  • I did another 2 mile walk today making 9 may miles so far I feel wonderful!!
    Michelle

Cathy - do yo take meds for your thryoid? I take Synthroid 50 mcg a day for mine but I just started the meds and have to go get levels checked again.
  • Hi guys, Well I did another 2 miles today. I keep trying to do all 4 miles of the tape but time just slips by me sometimes. I plan to wake up a little earlier in the morning and go all 4 miles. Michelle, I see you just started South Beach - how do you like it??
  • Hey Michelle,

yes I started taking 1 grain of Armour Thyroid a few months ago. We just upped it to 2 grains a day. Some of my symptons seem better, not as much hair loss, less brain fog, not quite as cold, body temp is up a little bit (still not normal), etc., but of course, no weight loss yet.

I see you have lost 13 lbs - that is awesome!

take care,
    cathy
  • Jules - I love south beach its great and pretty easy to stick to. Lots of different options lately I've been having Chicken breast stuffed with different vegetables and haven't had a bad one yet Believe it or not today my total calorie intake was 580 which I know is low but I'm stuffed lol.

Cathy yes I lost 12 lbs on atkins and then I went back to my doctor and she prescribed me meridia (weight loss rx) and wanted me to switch to South Beach cuz it allows more vegetables. I love it so far and I check the scale daily which I know I shouldnt do but I'm seeing great results

Have a wonderful night keep walking girls!!