Walk Away The Pounds - May Challenge

You're on Page 6 of 8
Go to
  • I didn't WATP yesterday opted for just walking instead. 4 miles. 17 total this month?
    everyone seems to be doing wonderful.
    leigh : I refuse to think veggies are bad. they are so yummy and good for you. it is all in the way you cook them. but give me fresh veggies any day.
  • Was wondering if anybody has tried the new Leslie Sansone dvd called "You Can Do Abs, Yoga, Pilates". I figure it must be good since it's Leslie, but I think it's about $30 and would love to hear from somebody that has it. I have been wanting to do some yoga & pilates and figure Leslie would keep it simple and fairly easy??? I think I heard that the abs are done on an exercise ball, which I got awhile back, so this may be a tape I really want to get.
    Just wondering.
    Cathy
  • 3 mi. this morning and 4 mi. this afternoon -- 7 mi. for the day.

69 mi. for the month.

Can I ask a ? -- to get the info. under your posts (exp. sw/cw/gw) do you put that in the signature space on your profile page --- or what???
  • Hi everyone!! I've been MIA for the past few days because I've been a little under the weather the past few days. I did 1 mile Sunday and 1 one Monday. I'm starting to feel a little better so I plan to get my behind up early tommorrow morning and get in at least 2 miles which should bring me to 19 miles for the month so far. My goal for the month is 40 so I need to get in gear. I was also curious about Pilates - has anyone ever tried it?? I sometimes watch "The View" and Star Jones has been doing it for a few months now and she says she loves it. You can tell it is really helping her. I'm sure she also has a private chef that cooks her healthy meals all day long which has also helped her lose weight. lol Keep up the good work ladies!!
  • 2 miles for me today I just couldnt get my butt going to do more lol but at least I got some in lol so 52 for the month. Hope you are feeling better jules!!

Michelle
  • I did 2 miles at lunchtime today.
    That makes 20 miles for May.
  • 7 mi. for today.

76 mi. for the month.

• Michelle - I am feeling a little better - thanks for asking!! Don't worry about only doing 2 miles - you are doing GREAT girl!!

Cathy - Thanks for letting us know about Leslie's new line of videos - I have been wanting to add a little pilates into my workout so I found the "You Can Do Pilates" video online at Best Buy and it was only $9.99 and they didn't even charge for shipping. Apparently this set of Leslie's videos/dvds are not available in their stores, yet. I should have it by early next week so I'll let you know how it is. They also had the Abs and Yoga videos/dvds. Best Buy was a little cheaper than a few other stores I priced.

Mrs Beasley - Way to go with 76 miles!! Keep it up!! As far as the info under the posts - I'm not sure. I'll try to find out for ya.

Take care everyone!!
  • 3 miles for me today but i may do another 2 a little later I'm not sure I kinda feel like I'm slacking lol. 55 for the month.

To get your signature go to the cp panel up at the top in the tool bar and go to edit signature and you put what you want in the box hope that helps sorry not more detailed.

Jules good to hear that you are feeling a bit better!!

Cathy - yes thank you for letting us know about those videos I'm gonna see if hubby will let me buy the abs video! Keep up the good work girl!

Ya'll have a great night!!
    Michelle
  • testing signature -- hope it works.

Thanks for the help Michelle.

Jules, I was looking at Leslie's pilates tape also. I've never done pilates and was wondering how hard it would be. I think of myself as exercised challenged -- not up to doing anything too difficult.
  • Mrs. Beasley - I read a few reviews of Leslie's Pilates video and they all said it was very basic, not very difficult and perfect for beginners. When I get it I'll let you know how hard it is. The signature worked - YEAH!!
  • 2 miles again for me today so far I don't know if I"ll get more in. I'm slowing down a bit this week so my body doesnt become too accostomed to getting so much exercise that it becomes ineffective, yes I read that somewhere
    Hope you all are having a great day!!
    Michelle
  • 4 mi. today.

80 mi. for the month.

I really wanted to do more today but my body says "no way!" Oh well, tomorrow is another day.
  • well no walking for me this weekend I'm just sick as a dog and can barely move which I hate because I was looking forward to some 6 mile days Oh well I'll catch up next week I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!
  • Michelle - sorry to hear that you are not feeling well - I hope you feel better soon!!
    Take care

Julie