Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-23-2004, 05:54 AM   #1  
Oooo Silly Me!

Default Anyone taken the Special K Challenge?

I was wondering if anyone has taken the Special K Challenge. I noticed the ad on this website and went to the link and read about it. I would like to know if anyones tried this challenge and if they have had any success and then wanted to know, after the two weeks do you continue with the Special K plan or if you do something else.

Thanks...
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 10:54 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Nope I can't say that I have. I think I would be VERY hungry on that sort of plan, isn't it 1/2 a cup of cereal 2 x a day and then a light meal ? My tummy is growling just thinking about it lol.

I follow atkins, the food is heartier and my body is reacting nicely to the low carbs but you know everyone is different.

Weren't you on WW ? whats going on that you feel the need to change ?

Hugs !
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 02:24 PM   #3  
Oooo Silly Me!

No I wasn't on WW. I was on the "pray and hope" diet. Actually, I wouldn't even call it a diet. Most of the weight I have lost came from the stress I got from school. Course I then gained it back. I'm not really on any sort of a diet. I'm trying to cut back on the foods I eat tho... like going out to fast food and stuff. it's really easy to grab a burger and fries between classes. So I when I do go out I grab something like a grilled chicken sandwhich or salad. I'm currently reading about all the diet plans they have out there. I have read about the Atkins as well... sorta scared to try. I have heard good things and bad things about it. One of my Professors at Cal State that I have known all though out my community college career tried atkins and loved it. Then I've heard other people having really bad side affects. Maybe you could give me your ideas on it since you are doing it. How long have you been on it? Any bad side affects from it? and so on...

About the Special K diet, I was just curious as to if anyone was taking it. For someone who can eat 4 slices of pizza, Special K plan would more than likely leave me hurting majorly LOL!

The WW diet intrigued me as well, because you can eat what you want instead of their foods, at least from what I understand. But that's something I am hoping to get info on as well. Maybe I can combine a little of this a little of that and make "Sue's Happy Diet" Okie well maybe something like that lol...

Catch You Later...
Sue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie
Nope I can't say that I have. I think I would be VERY hungry on that sort of plan, isn't it 1/2 a cup of cereal 2 x a day and then a light meal ? My tummy is growling just thinking about it lol.

I follow atkins, the food is heartier and my body is reacting nicely to the low carbs but you know everyone is different.

Weren't you on WW ? whats going on that you feel the need to change ?

Hugs !
Old 04-23-2004, 03:50 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

SueMarie, there is no magical diet, it all boils down to eating lower calories and moving your body. There's no magic pills either.

Weight Watchers is a WONDERFUL plan and i would recommend it because its choosing healthy foods and learning about portions.

If you need info on Atkins or South Beach you can check out the threads here, there's oooooodles of info. For me I have had NO bad side effects, as a matter of fact I just had my blood work done after being on it for 9 months and my blood work came back PERFECT!!!! plus eating low carb has helped with my depression and has increased my energy level, it took time but it does work for ME. I love it !!!

Talk to Cin, she is a wonderful knowledgable WW leader, she can really help you more than I can, also !! there is the WW thread.

I think the worst thing anyone can do is jump from diet to diet, but thats just my opinion.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 08:02 PM   #5  
brookypooh

S/C/G: 213/see ticker/120

Height: 5'6"

sue marrie,
i have tried special K and neadless to say for a girl who likes to eat it hurt more then helped. I dont know how you are at controling your hunger but i am not so good at it. one smell of a burger or anything like that i was threw. I try to pig out on stuff like fruits vegies and lots of water that seems to keep me very full. Good luck to you hope it all goes well.

brookypooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 08:39 AM   #6  
CIN

SUE MARIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
WW isnt any special food.we dont sell food at all.................you eat regular food! It is not expensive either.they even have a scholarship plan if interested for only $5 a week!

Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:24 AM   #7  
Oooo Silly Me!

Leenie: Oh yes I know, I was just reading up on each of the diet plans I had heard about. Seeing what each one talks about and what each one does and so on. Right now my method of attack is just trying to cut down the portion size that I eat. Instead of eating to being extremely full, I cut down to being comfortably full without that bloated feeling. My main problem tho is the "snacking" between meals. They are almost meals in themselves. So instead of making a sandwhich to snack on, I've been grabbing a carrot, some fruit, or some crackers. I just got some Wheatables - Seven grain crackers. I try to limit myself on the crackers. It's been hard though sticking to that. I find I crave sweets too. I took noodles advice, I grabbed some lemon drops to suck on. It helps, I have to get over the chewing bit tho. I tend to get impatient and crunch right through them at times hehehe. However, there will be no jumping from diet to diet tho. And thanks about the info on your progress. I'm hoping to make an appointment with the nutrition center that is available to the student here at Cal State. I wonder if they would do blood work for me like you get? i've read a lot of good things about the Atkins diet, and now you see all these places have added "low carb" stuff to their menus. But then again, they have some very good grilled chickens and salads as well hehehe, but I am definately reading up on them first before I go anywhere... as a matter of fact. I'm going to call Cal State as soon as I get done posting and make that appointment with the Nutrition center.

BrookyPooh: ooooh no, I haven't started it yet heheh I was just asking about it hehehe. I too like to eat and I was looking for someone who had tried the diet so I could ask them how the hunger pains went and if they had any. Which is definately what you gave me. I know the diet is just two small bowls a day and then a dinner, but I figured with the snacking you are allowed to (fresh fruits and veggies) that maybe that helped you go on. Course I forgot about the walking through the mall and getting a whiff of something good, and so forth... Definately good input! Thanks!

Hiya Ciiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnn............................ .........

What I was referring when I mentioned "you can eat what you want instead of their foods" was back before their points program. I looked into WW and I remember them saying had to pay for a program and had to purchase their food. But I was also saying that now you can eat what you want because of the point system that they have now. Of course you gotta control yourself.

Sue...