Weekly weigh in April 12th - April 18th

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I've been going up and down the past few months, trying to get back my dieting "strength". I had gained 6 pounds and was thinking of just giving up. At that point, I was really unhappy.

That was 3 week ago, I've been better. I've been trying to eat better and I've been back to WW and following it. I've lost 6.4#s in 2 weeks! 3.2 last week! I'm definately back on track and more motivated than I've been.

Have a good week everyone!
  • Great job Beth!! Way to go on getting back on track.
  • Beth that's great!! Isn't it wonderful when you see your efforts paying off?
  • Congrats Beth! Isn't it great when things start clicking?!
    Melissa
  • As of Saturday, I'm down another 3 pounds....I'm cutting this first goal pretty tight.... I think I can do it, though. Hope springs eternal!
  • Great job Sarah!! 3 pounds is awesome!!
  • I'm up 3 pounds and 1% BF BUT the batteries were low in my scale so that could've caused me to weigh less the week before since I've lost 4.5 inches in the last 2 weeks and my clothes are fitting looser. I also think it was my TOM (I had an IUD put in at my 6 week post partum so I'm not sure if I had a cycle or not--sorry if TMI)
    I'm not upset about the gain since I know as long as I'm exercising and eating right, the weight will come off sooner or later.
  • Dawnyal, Scales just kill me. hehe...I got on one at my clinic and it said one thing and then I was at an appointment for my daughter and I stepped on theirs and it said I was seven pounds less than the other one. I'm not so sure the clinic scale is calibrated twice a year like it is supposed to be. I just go with the higher weight just in case the other one is wrong. I don't think I am ever going to be able to get an accuarate weight.
  • Hi all.

Well, things are still going great for me! Monday was my 3 months/13 weeks point and I've lost 39 lbs. I was hoping for 40 just as a milestone but 39 is great! I'm going to do it. I can just feel it!

My stats are below. Thanks for giving me a place to feel free to open up about my weight and feel like I'm in the company of people in the same position (somewhat! lol).

Talk to you all soon.
  • Quote: I got on one at my clinic and it said one thing and then I was at an appointment for my daughter and I stepped on theirs and it said I was seven pounds less than the other one.
    Tammy, the same thing happened to me. I got weighed at the doctor's office at first, then dug out my home scale -- which turned out to be awful. There was a huge discrepancy between them and I got totally confused about what was loss and what was actual and....well I was just confused. So now I'm just weighing myself on one scale for consistent loss-reporting purposes, and it's a new Tanita scale that I bought after that the initial weighing confusion fiasco; it's turned out to be in line with the scale at the doctor's office. It was pretty frustrating, since I've been really focused on dropping 10% of my weight at a time.

I agree with everyone that the way your clothes fit is a very real and healthy indicator of loss, but for my purposes, I really need a scale also!

By the way, I really recommend the Tanita scale....mine measures body fat with an electrical current....again, I'm just tracking it for loss, not for accuracy of the to-the-umpteenth of a percentile!
  • Sarah, Where did you get your Tanita scale? I have been looking to get a scale but did not know which one to go with. Oh, also, how much did it cost? Thanks
  • Tammy
    I got it at the same time I purchased my trial nutritional/diet software program, Diet Power. I swear by the software, by the way. I got it for I think $49.00...they have discounts, as well as less expensive scales made by Tanita (widely considered to be a reliable, good quality scale.) I also got a great Tanita food scale, and, just recently, a great pedometer reduced to $25.00 from like $45.00 or something like that. You can visit their website at [URL=http://www.dietpower.com[/URL] You can also froogle it to scout for the best price once you decide which model you'd like. I love froogle!
  • Sarah, thanks for the URL...I am chekcing it out now. Price range it all seems very reasonable. I thnk I will be able to swing it if I want to order one.
  • i was out sick yesterday, so i did not weigh in until this morning and i am down 3 lbs. makes a total of 54 lbs. since nov. 2003. congrats to all the other losers.
  • Wow, Audrey--you're almost to Twoterville! WTG!