Alternachick chat April 1+

You're on Page 3 of 10
Go to
  • Glad you are feeling better Noodles, but really you should get some rest.

Glad your DH got another job Heather

Nice tatoo Squeaker!
  • Wow! You look GREAT!!
  • Yeah, Seekinnerthinchick- you look fabulous - way to go on your loss!
  • Thank you! Full disclosure: the little Canon Powershot we use doesn't have the resolution to show my cellulite, spider veins, loose skin, etc. But maybe that's just as well...
  • It seems like I haven't dropped by forever! I've been slammed in school. The class I teach is in full gear with three papers due before the end of the semester, so that means 120 papers for me to grade before the end of the semester. I also have my own classes and I just realized that there is only four more weeks of classes for grad students. Our profs always end early to allow us time to attend to our teaching duties, but it also makes our semester shorter. So knowing that all this stuff is on top of me what did I do this weekend? I cleaned my apartment! Four out of seven rooms are now company ready. I've been doing the Flylady thing for a while now, but this weekend I got really inspired. Well anyway, I didn't get a darn thing done on my school responsibilities. Oh, well.

SeekInnerThinChick: What a transformation!

Squeak: that's a really cool tat!

Noodles: I hope you continue to feel well and make sure to drink your water (and make sure it is filtered).
  • Thank you Hannah! What's a "tat" as in "that's a really cool tat"-- ? I'm very old-of-the-loop on current slang.
  • Tat is short for Tattoo
  • Hi Girls...Seems like I'm not the only one with a bad April start huh... Maybe it's that full moon!!

This month has just sucked so far...I still got a stone or 2 or 3...cuts into my vacation. I was going to leave Monday but...that isn't possible now. I'm hoping this rock passes/passed so I can get outta here! I really need to fly the coop for a bit. (Not this coop..my home coop). Too much is going on that is just stressing me out and I don't like/need to be stressed out cause that leads to bummed out which leads to depressed Noodles. Only good thing is I'm at 171 pounds. Feels strange to fit into clothes I haven't worn in 7 years!!

Seek: You look marvelous!! Keep going girl!!

Rest of ya... Hi!

• Hi girls!

No, Noodles, you were not the only one with a bad beginning of April. On friday, I was flying to San Francisco and there was a "security threat" at my airport. My flight was delayed two hours. My dog POOPED in my car on the way to the dog sitter's and her brother stepped on it and smeared it all over the backseat! ARGH! Then, the cab didn't show to pick me up to go to my flight (luckily, my landlord took me). Then, when I got to SF, they "delayed" my bag (translate to they put it on the wrong flight) and then did not deliver it to my hotel. Then, we get a call from our dog sitter that one of our dogs has dug under the fence and ran away! nooooo! Luckily, much later in the evening, we find out that he's safe. After a lovely conversation with the baggage agent at 11:30PM from my hotel room, she first tells me they were "too busy" (what?!?!) to deliver my bag and then tries to blame it on me. Finally, I refuse to talk to her anymore and ask for her supervisor. Her supervisor promises my bag to be delivered in 2 hours.... but it doesn't shows up until 2:30AM!!!!

Other than the friday, the rest of the trip was wonderful!

Squeak - Great tattoo! Were you planning on getting it? Did it just happen? How did you pick the design? I always wanted to get a tattoo but I'm too ADD to pick one design.

SITC - Wow, great before and after pics. What an inspiration! Whoa baby!

Hannah - Flylady is so cool. I think I'll have to start it again. My boyfriend loves the 15 minutes. He just doesn't like the throwing away stuff. Such a pack rack.
  • Seek -- Great transformation! .....
  • Goddess Jessica: I love Flylady too! I am a packrat in the process of reformation. I am really learning the joy of releasing things into the world. My BF gets kind of bugged by the whole thing though, I think he's afraid I'll start purging his things. He needn't worry though I wouldn't do that because I would be pissed if he did it to me. . I also like the 15 minute philosophy, it really makes it easy to break up big jobs. A few months ago I scrubbed who knows how many years of hard water crust out of the toilet bowl. I did it 15 minutes at a time over two weeks and it really didn't seem that bad.
  • I am a flyer too and have spent the last 2 months decluttering my home
  • whohoo. my 500th post. ya think i am getting addicted? lol can't go a day without stopping bye.
    well this week has been busy busy in school, and trying to mend things without my best girl , whom we have been on the outs. hubby's new job. kids. well i could keep going but i won't. lol

Goddess : that def. sounded like the start to a day from ****, glad the rest of the trip went good. and that pup was found safe and sound.

I looked into flylady, but i am a cleansweeper kinda gal.
  • Hi there, buddies. I've not been hanging out in here much but do check in the odd time. The SBD and Low Carb forums are keeping me busy and then there's my damned journal!
    I promise to do better.
    Hugs to all, old and new.
  • Welcome back Ruthxxx!

What have you been up to these days?

How are Harry and the girls doing?