Alternachick chat April 1+

You're on Page 10 of 10
Go to
  • Oh, Jessica, I'm really sorry. I hope they get the creeps!
  • Geez, Jessica...That sucks!! That feeling of having your own personal space violated by some stranger is just awful. **Hugs**
  • Jessica, How disturbing. I am sorry you had to go through that. some people are just sick.
  • Hey!!!

I just found out last night I am going to be flying to Des Moines, Iowa for a week to judge nationals!! Are any of you near Iowa?? If so, I'd love to know what there is to do around there, and maybe meet ya too!! I am going end of July until August 2nd. I keep getting teased that all I will get to see is corn and tornados. There HAS to be more than corn in Iowa.

Thanking you in advance for anything you can tell me about this place.
  • Noodles: Also cows and car racing. Congratulations on the judging thing, we await pics-- when the gallery is back up, that is.

As for me, the weekend has been a bit freaky. My husband dropped a glass tabletop on his foot, smashing the big toe to pulp. Luckily the glass didn't smash to leave fragments in there. So we spent most of Saturday in the hospital ER, finally got him stitched up, back at almost midnight. The bone may or may not heal perfectly, he may have an odd looking nail when it grows back, but he should be able to walk and play golf without problems.

He lost a lot of blood, because I was out shopping, and he didn't call me on the cell, he just tried to band-aid it up. By the time I got home he was about to pass out. He'll be off his feet for 2 weeks. We're most worried about getting him past the first week, because the bone was exposed, and if that gets infected it means trouble. Yesterday I kept it together, but today, now that he's home and safe, I just fell in a heap. It's weird, seeing my own blood doesn't bother me, but seeing his blood really shook me up.
  • Seek -- that sounds awful! I hope he and YOU are better soon...
  • Seek - How awful. Hope DH feels better soon!
  • Jessica- how awful! I hope you get your stuff back

Seek- what a thing to have happen to your hubby! Hope his to heals up quickly.