New to the board

• Hi! I am looking for some moral support. I have been a yo-yo dieter most of my life. I am now 32 years old and have about 35 pounds to lose. I have two small children and a busy husband - so it would be nice to be able to talk to someone in a similar situation.
    Thanks! Cindy
  • Hi Cindy welcome to the board! I'm pretty new too but it seems like a very supportive board so far I'm a bit older than you (39), I am married w/ 3 kids all in school - yes! I would love to support and encourage you, what are your stats (height, weight) and goals? Have you started any kind of eating and/or workout program? I am on day 8 of the South Beach diet and my size 11 pants are fitting me (they haven't for a yr. or more!), I don't have a scale but I am 5'8" and last I weighed myself at the gym about a month ago I was 169 lbs., I've lost probably about 7 lbs. so far, it's a start! I walked 6 miles one day this week and that's all I've done, it's been so nice out I've been either running errands or going to the beach and then I'm too tired at night to run or walk so you can help motivate me to excercise more and I'll try and help inw ahtever areas you need help w/!

Wendy
  • Thanks
    Hi Wendy! I would love to buddy-up. I am 32 and the mother of twin girls who just turned 3. I'm hoping once winter breaks we can be more active outside. I am 5 feet and am not sure of my weight - I have a scale phobia! I was weighed in September at the gym, though, and was 138. My major goals are to develop a consistent (daily) fitness program, to eat healthier, and to look better. I don't want to rely so much on the scale, but more how my clothes fit and how I look in them. I'd really love to be able to fit into pre-pregnancy clothes/sizes again! I am not following any specific diet, though I have the Dr. Phil books and am thinking about starting. What does the South beach diet consist of?
    Look forward to hearing from you!
    Cindy
    P.S. Is this how we communicate or do we use e-mail? I'm new to this board, so I'm not quite sure of the protocol!