*Curves #5*

You're on Page 2 of 8
Go to
  • LORIBUG26,
    My Breakfast @ 6:30/7am:

*1/4C old fashion oats to 1/2C of water with a pket. of Spenda and a 1/2tsp of vanilla flavoring & 1/4tsp of butter flavoring & 1/2 Banana sliced on top --- yummy. I'll have this before my Curves workout and have the best workout!
    OR
    *I will have Eggbeaters with 1/2 Grapefruit sprinkled with a bit of Splenda
    OR
    *2-Harboiled EggWHITEs with 1/2 Grapefruit sprinkled with a bit of Splenda

I find these all good, but I am also following MT's program and this is what he tells you to have. He also states you should eat 5x a day and for me that is:
    Breakfast @ 6 or 7am
    Snack @ 10am
    Lunch @ 12:30/1pm
    Snack @ 3pm
    Dinner @ 5:30/6pm
    Snack @ 6:30/7pm DONE EATING at 7pm.

If you want any other information as far as his program goes I would suggest his site... only because it is so very detailed and full of info
    Hope I have been of some help
    *Take Care*
    SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • Ps>>>
    Lori,
    I too am a huge animal lover --- always have been I have three boys (my cats) and have shared many pictures of them. Don't know if they are all still posted because I cleared out all last years pics
    I'll have to post some current ones for you

Later...
    D.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • Forgot!
    Woops... I forgot that MT also does not believe in giving up carbs at all ~ just making better carb choices!! He said you need carbs for muscle toning...

I was doing the SBD & lost 12lbs on it till I got MT program, but I still believe that Phase-II of the SBD (South Beach Diet) is good and the Curves Diet in the Lavender handbook they give out (if you give them 3 names to call OR pay $7.00) is very similar to the Phase-II of SBD --- both good!!

Okay, I think I have covered everything now
    SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • Hi Ladies,
    Sounds like everyone is enjoying the spring weather. I went to Curves twice so far this week. I plan on going tomorrow night for my weigh-in and measurements. Then also on Saturday morning. I was able to talk a friend in to going for a walk tonight. It was so warm and pretty out today. I just love the springtime!
    Well I only had a moment to pop in and check in with everyone. So I hope everyone keeps up the good work. I hope to pop in tomorrow evening with good news. Talk to you all later. Have a wonderful Friday!
  • Friday...
    Good Rainy Spring Morning Ladies

Well, I have just gotten home from day #3 at Curves... tired today, but got it done. My hubby & I are fighting allergies already. It's so bad here in OHIO... allot of people were complaining about their eyes and sinus' this morning at Curves.

Hope you all have a wonderful OP day & weekend...
    may you have Springlike temps to enjoy.

*God Bless*
    SunnyD

*~*~*

Oh... Hi KAR73!
    Hope your weigh & measure was good!!!!
    Thinking of you...
    D.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • Hi everyone:

Did my curves again last night & am going to go tonight if I can work it in. Trying to get in some extra sessions before my trip next Thurs.

Lori - some things I have for breakfast are: raisin bran w/skim milk or dry, yogurt with dry cereal in it, toasted tomatoe & cheese sandwich, fruit & cheese, toasted english muffin with p/butter. All of these I prepare at home then eat when I get to work - I really don't like eating first thing. Hope this helps.

Keep on curving!
  • Thanks for all your answers!! Hope everybody is having a great Friday and enjoying some (finally) warm weather. It's rainey here, but pretty warm! Have a good weekend!
  • Hello everyone! So glad to see the Curves thread moving along!!! I just thought I would pop in and say Hi real quick, and hope everyone is having a great day! I have to get off to work, so when I get home, I'll catch up with you all!

Have a great day!

~ Kari ~
  • Checking in
    Gosh another week pretty well finished - sure is going fast.

Was not able to go for my walk (the rec plex was closed due to a concert coming to town tonight) and not feeling well enough to go to Curves.

Was up all last night with pain in stomach and side - thought it could be the beginning of gall bladder trouble - like I really need another medical problem.

Went to clinic this morning at 8:30 to see first available doctor. Did blood work and has order an ultra sound for April 5 for gall bladder and liver. Said to stay off all fatty foods and especially dairy products. That got me thinking this past week I started my new eating plan which included having 2 - 3 scrambled eggs with 2 slices of cheese and some milk each day. Doc. said this could be what triggered it.

So now am back to working on finding other 'breakfast' foods that don't consist of milk, cheese, yogurt, butter, or eggs. Did have a bowl of oatmeal this morning with some skim milk - pain is not to bad but stil not 100%.

So I am back looking at healthy foods to make up my food plan in order to get some of this weight off.

Am planning to go to Curves Monday, March 29, but then we are off to Calgary to see the cancer doctor so will probably not be at Curves for most of next week either. Can't weight till April 5 when I can get back into a better routine re exercise again

Have a good day and a good weekend (just in case I don't get to get in here on the weekend - will try though)
  • Hi everyone,
    I went into Curves tonight and lost a pound and .10 body fat, but once again no inches. These is the second month in a row. So I am a little down in the dumps. I told the lady that I was getting a little discouraged because I have lost 5 pounds now since joining at the end of Dec. I am happy with that it is not losing any more inches since the first month there. It is time for my TOM to start and she said that might be what is causing my no inches lost. So we are going to try again next week and see if it any different. Any suggestions from you wonderful ladies? Other than that I am just slumping around working on a mirgraine headache. Think I might just go to be early tonight and try to forget about it. Talk to you all later. Sorry I am so depressing tonight. I will try to be more upbeat next time.
  • My first time!!!
    Good evening ladies...I see SunnyD started a new string which is cool!! WTG!!! I just love the color green...LOL...Im so silly...i guess I caught a case of the fresh air happiness today...LOL...It hit almost 70 here and OMG was is great...I loved it...what a day to start fresh...I did my first session at Curves today and I just LOVED it...it was so refreshing, so motivating and just so wonderful...im so glad I decided to take part in that place...and I think you gals for such good words about it...Every person there was just so friendly and nice...I even saw 2 women who were well over 60 year olds there...the instructor said they were both in their 70s if i heard right but you couldn't tell...there are even silly things they do there to earn Curve dollars...like Wednesday is funky hat day...I wish I could go more than 3x a week though..I'd love to go each day...but alas maybe the happiness will wear off one day...I surely hope not though...I do have a question...how often do you get weighed and measured at your centers...they do it once a month at ours...is that normal???

Well I guess thats all for now...I sure just love this forum and i'm glad y'all had welcomed me as graciously as you all have done...

for everyone

Jessica
  • Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a great day today. I spent my morning grocery shopping, and taking care of a few other errands, then I was off to work.

Today was SUCH a beautiful day! I'm looking forward to more warm spring days! It did rain here all day, but it was still in the high 50's. That made me happy

I am SO excited. The other day I ordered my Walk Away The Pounds Tapes. I cannot WAIT for the UPS man to bring them to my door!!! lol I keep reading all the reviews about the tapes, and they are all good! I'll let you all know how I like the tapes when I go through them all. I'll probably watch them first, then start the one mile tape.

SunnyD57 - Way to go on hitting ONE-derland!!! You must feel GREAT!!! I am so happy for you! Oh - and thanks for posting that link for the water information. I was kinda wondering how much water I needed everyday, and now I know that I need over 120 ouces a day! I really need to start working on my water consumption! I found a really cool mug at wal-mart (not sure if any of you saw it, or have it) but it's a HUGE 64 ounce mug, it's white with a black lid, and it has all kinds of info about water printed on it. Mostly the health benefits of drinking water. I thought this mug was really cool, but it was absolutly HUGE and it would take up TOO much room on my desk at work, so I need to find something smaller.

loribug26 - Glad you are enjoying Curves so much! Sounds like you are getting there like you are supposed to! Way to go! One thing that I REALLY like for breakfast sometimes is a small/medium bagel toasted, with 1 or two thin slices of tomatoe, and a half a slice of cheese, or a full slice, depending on what you want. After the bagel is toasted, I put the tomatoe & cheese on it, and put in the the microwave for about 15-20 seconds to melt the cheese a little. Or you can just eat it with out melting the cheese, whatever you like.

bandit2 - Way to go with an OP week! How awesome that you won $1000 !!! I used to go to Canada with my boyfriends mother before she passed away, and I also won $1000. I was SO excited. I LOVED the look on all the ladies faces when I yelled **BINGO** - and then you hear everyone sigh....and start crinkling up their cards...lol. Gotta love it... I hope you have a BLAST in Vegas. I went there with my friend and her family when I was 16 years old. Even though I couldn't gamble, I had a fun time! I'm just itching to go back there! (Throw some coins in a slot machine for me!)

sprout - Glad that you are starting to feel better. I've been sick over a week now, and I have no clue as to what I really have. First it just seemed like a cold, then it seemed like bronchitis, then it felt like a chest cold, then yesterday and today it REALLY felt like a head cold, and today I feel as if I have a sinus infection. This MUST be the end of it though. I don't feel AS bad as I did before. I still have a yucky cough that I can feel deep in my chest, but it gets better each day. Hopefully your's does too. And I hope you'll feel better, so you can get back to Curves.

emilyatau - Welcome! Hopefully you can get your mom to join curves. It is such a fun place! If you need any info, I'm sure many of the ladies here would be glad to tell you more about it! If yourmom has a computer, you should tell her to stop in on our thread! We'de love to chat with her too (And you're welcome ANY time!)

Kar73 - Way to go with the 1 lb loss and the now 5 lb total loss! I'm sure you will begin to lose inches eventually. Everyone is different. I've seen some who lose the inches before the weight, and other's who lose the weight before inches. You are doing GREAT so far, and I believe that you WILL begin to see more changes soon Just keep on Curvin, and you'll get there!

jsscmngn - That's great that you are enjoying your Curves so much! The one you go to sounds like so much fun! Our didn't do anything like that, but occasionally they would have little contests and give aways. The Curves I went to weighed & measured once a month, and I think all of them are like that. When I was going to Curves though, I weighed myself once a week on their scale, just so I could see where I was at.

*** Now I have a quick question before I go to bed! ***

This may sound kinda silly, but what do you think is the BEST time of day to weigh yourself??? My sister and I debate this all the time. She says it is best to weigh in the evening, because you've eaten, and drunk everything for the day, and that is your *actual* weight. I say it's best to weigh in the morning *obviously* because you are lighter, and you haven't eaten. I would think that the morning weight would be your *real* weight because there is really nothing there (like food, water, ect...) to mess with the weight.

What you you all think???

So with that final word,

Good Night ALL!!!!

~ Kari ~
  • Good Morning...
    Good Saturday Morning Curver's

KARI,
    I was told that you get your "true body weight" in the mornings --- AFTER you have been up for 30 minutes and have gone potty. The 30 minutes is to allow your body to stable from sleep... sometime you may wake with water retention that will dissipate after that time. But that is what I have always done --- in the mornings. By evening, not only do you have a gut full of food, but you may retain even more water from fatigue which will throw off your actual weight. So there's my 2c's worth

Also, I HAVE that mug! That is the one that KAR73 recommended to me some time back on the last thread. It's great and I drink two of them a day and know that I am getting more then enough water for my body weight. I highly recommend the mug also. I think it was only $3-4.00 and it's insulated, so that will be great for the summer

JESSICA,
    It's wonderful to see a cheery post... you are adorable! I too felt like you when I joined Curves and still do! I joined in Sept/2003... so I think you will continue to enjoy it --- I am not only hooked to the exercise and how good I feel afterwards, but the friends I have made there Keep up the great work!

KAR73,
    All your hard work will show up soon... hang in there, okay. Are you watching your diet & drinking your water? Cuz that will make a difference also. I cannot speak against your feelings at all because a few weeks ago "I was with you!" I came home from Curves all sad and crying... but I didn't give up & then the following week I began to see real change in me and did get some weight off. So it will come off - it just takes patience and perseverance. You will do it

SPROUT,
    I so wish you all the best in trying to figure out a diet plan... that is so difficult when you ar e limited. Sure do hope you feel better real soon too! I will be thinking of you while you are at Calgary... hoping and praying for only GOOD NEWS! *Prayers*

BANDIT2,
    "Luck" getting in those extra workouts before your trip... you will do it and feel great and have a wonderful time on your trip In case we don't see you till after you get back... "Have a great time!" My favorite place in Vegas was the 'M & M store' (bet you couldn't have guessed that ) Joe & I bought allot of things there - hats & tee's but most of all $50.00 worth of M & M's!!! We were heading to see my family and when I got there I grabbed a huge bowl from their cupboard and filled it with all the different color M & M's we bought and placed the bowl in the center of the table for all to enjoy --- loved the colors! It was fun to see what colors everyone favored.
    Have fun!!!

Glad we could be of some help LORIBUG,
    We are getting rain here also, but temps in the high 60's! Nice!!

Well... the hubby and I have a breakfast date this morning at 7:30, so I must be off and getting ready for the day... so great to see you all here and posting.
    I love it when it's hopping here

Have a wonderful Spring Day!
    SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • Morning Ladies,
    I am back to normal this morning. I did all my boo hooing last night. I think alot of my problem last night was my DH made a comment about my stomach and it hurt my feelings so I just had a big old pity party for myself. I got up this morning and went to Curves and put in my 4th workout for the week. It was a great sweaty workout. So I feel much better today. I have to go hit the shower and then it is off to the repair shop to get my brakes fixed. Then I have to go shopping for birthday presents this afternoon. We have a birthday party to go to today. So I will check back with you wonderful ladies later.
    Have a great day!
    Kerry
  • Feeling under the nice weather ...I have a severe case of insomnia going on...haven't been able to sleep in 3 days...only a couple of hours...and that doesn't mix well with straight 8 hours at work each day...early hours too...so Im gonna go lay in bed for a bit...hopefully catch a few hours...gonna pull myself together and make me go to curves tomorrow...only thing i've been looking forward too...had a nice walk today though home from work which made me not tired...AHHHH what am I going to do....

Jessica