Need shopping list help!

• This is the list I made for Phase 1. I eat most of my meals in my university's dining hall, but I want to make sure my fridge is well-stocked too for snacks and the occasional meal. Am I missing anything important? I don't want to buy nuts because I tend to binge on them, eek. By the way, I don't have access to a kitchen at school, just a microwave. Thanks for your help!

-eggs
    -deli turkey and ham (not honey-cured)
    -turkey bacon, Canadian bacon
    -mushrooms, scallions, green peppers, spinach, romaine, celery
    -lowfat milk
    -plain fat free yogurt
    -lowfat string cheese and shredded cheese
    -Laughing Cow light cheese
    -low-sugar salad dressing
    -lowfat ricotta cheese
    -vanilla and almond extract
    -Splenda
    -baking cocoa
    -sugar-free jello
    -tofu (soft, lowfat/light)
    -tuna packed in water
  • Sounds great to me~!

Are you planning on eating any salads???
    Need any lettuce?

And you might need to incorporate some veggies

Does anyone else have any suggestions
    Hope this helps!
  • Hey, mompen! Did you see that I had mushrooms, scallions, green peppers, spinach, romaine, and celery on there? Do you think I should get any other veggies? All I can think of is broccoli, cauliflower, and cucumbers which I should probably add to my list. I plan eat beans in the dining hall since they're readily available there.
  • I try to use different types of lettuce for variety.
    Which I did overlook you had romaine on there

I think you have a great list. And you will know after a couple days whether you need more veggies or if you are content

Congrats on your decision to lose weight!

Penny
  • You could buy a lemon or a lime for a squeeze of that on your salad or tuna.
  • Blackberry, wish you'd do my shopping too! I know what you mean about nuts, I buy pistachios in the shell (not red) and you can have 30. It takes a good bit of time to shell one by one and eat 30 pistachios. Good luck!