Weekly Chat - March 8th to12th

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Ok, I got booted the last time, so lets see if I can get this one to work, lol. I am going to join this group again. I found out that I can not have the WLS so I am going to go back to the only thing that has worked for me.

I feel like the pre-op visits at hershey have been a waist. I have been seeing them for 4 months and they advised me not to loose any weight because I was on the line of being approved. So I just feel that I could have made much better progress over the last few months then I did.

But I can't dwell on that. I have to go on from here and that is why I need all the support I can get, and what better place to get it then here!!!

I'll try to be on more often, to get and receive support!
  • Hi Bella, good to see you here again. Sorry you were denied WLS. So was I several years ago and I was terribly disappointed. Back to the old drawing board.
    Yesterday I went to the pool for the first time in a week and today I'm really feeling it. Yoiks! Creaky joints, oweeeee!
    I'm trying a plan called The BioChemical Machine but all I have is the basic outline in a magazine so today I'm going to see if I can find the book by Eleanora DeLennart (sp?) The magazine says I can eat many things to satisfaction any time INCLUDING NUTS....(woo hoo!!)..but I don't think she knows me. I could eat nuts all day and all night so I'm sure there are warnings about over-indulging in the actual book. This seems to be a food combining program whereby some foods are called acidic and others are called alkaline and you're not supposed to combine the two (no protein with pasta for example, unless it's cured or smoked meat). There's a long list of so-called neutral foods that can be eaten at any time with both acidic and alkalyne foods. I never had much luck with the Suzanne Sommers diet and this seems to be along similar lines but we shall see. In the meantime, I'm enjoying some foods that I haven't had for a long time including pasta and potatoes. I've only been doing this since Saturday and haven't lost an ounce yet (so what else is new?) but I'm feeling pretty good with a bit more pep than usual. We shall see.
  • Hi all

Pooky~ Im so sorry to hear your news. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Linda~ Good Luck with your new eating plan.....keep us posted

Bella~ Nice to have you back, but Im sorry to hear that your surgery wont go thru.

As for me, Im back on Atkins and in the first day, I managed to loose 4 of the 20 lbs I put on in 2 weeks! I have never experienced such a fast weight gain in my life, except of course after the birth of my daughter. But there were medical reasons for that. The only thing I can think of, was rapid water retention. Because I certainly wasnt eating enough food to gain that much that fast! Im going to do induction for a week, then I have a week and a half travelling...so I'll keep it fairly clean but not strict Atkins. Then I'll hop back on the induction wagon when I get back.

Have a nice evening all
    Robin
  • Pooky, I am so sorry and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Just wanted to stop in and tell everyone that we tried a new frozen dinner last night. It was called Life Choice, and all of them are less than 16 carbs. Wth ones we had were roasted Turkey, and it was really quite good. Ole Alvin said it was more than he could eat, so he gave half of his to Odie, our cat.
  • Morning....
    Taking the doggage to the vet this am for rabbies shots, poor things hate getting in amd out of the car. I am hoping the vet takes pitty on them and will do the anual visit too.

Packing for vaccation. We leave first thing Sat. am....sun and fun I am SOOO ready!
    to all tje chickies passing through...
    -L
  • Oh, L, vacation sounds just DEVINE about now - can I come????

Late check in for me tonight. Went to the foothills (about 1 1/2 hours away) for an away game this afternoon and didn't get home until almost 8! Very tired.....

I will regal you all with sintilating (sp) conversation tomorrow but now I'm going to hit the hay.

Nite, nite -

Kel
  • Yikes!
    Ok chickies...... I can't believe that nobody else got in here yesterday either - I just hope that your reasons are less stressful than mine. To make a very long story shorter, for the last several days (week?) dh hasn't looked well, and also hasn't felt well - I (the PITA) insisted that he finally make an appointment to go to the dr (remembering, of course, the family history of heart disease) - ok, I went to work, he did his usual Thursday running around: audition, come home, errands and THEN go to dr. Dr does ekg, calls ambulance: dh is now in CTU at Southside Hospital. ARRRRRRRGH! They say it wasn't an MI, but it definitely is "something" or "some kind of episode" perhaps angina. Meanwhile, he thinks he's coming home this morning, I don't! He's scheduled for lots of tests, all the while inisisting that I go to work today, because, after all, we can't afford for BOTH of us to lose a day's pay! Would one or two of you chickies please hold me back from beating up on him? Pleeeeze? Frankly, if it wasn't Friday, I would hope that they'd keep him for a couple of days just to get it all sorted out FOR ONCE AND ALL so I know what I'm dealing with. However, because it's Friday, nothing happens over the weekend (except for emergency testing, etc) so they just MIGHT send him home............. any wonder that I had a candy bar and a couple of slices of buttered toast for supper last night when I got home at 9:30 pm??? OUCH!
    Well, enough of my lunacy for now..... gonna go have a cup of coffee (you're all welcome to join me, it's hot unleaded and VERY good) call the nurse's station and then get ready to leave for work (?)... please keep a good thought for us...... thanks
  • Oh, Sono, I'm so sorry that your hubby is 'having episodes'. I hope they find out what it is - the fear of the unknown is worse than that actual 'thing' most of the time.

I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers and sending healing comforting vibes your way.

Yesterday was a blur - I'm sooooo glad today is Friday. I really need a sleep in day so tomorrow will be relished. I've got a crab feed to go to tomorrow night (fundraiser for the school) - Melis will go with me (the boys weren't interested) and hopefully her friend that is relocating here. He is still stuck in southern California as the wiring in his car fried and they auto shop has been waiting for a part all week. They said they will 'for sure' get it today and then he can take off. Poor kid - this trip has been quite an ordeal for him but I bet he is better for the experience!

Gotta run and take Bry to school. On game days I drive him since it is very hard for him to take his huge baseball bag on the bus. He is getting a team locker assigned today tho, thankfully.

I still got a bit of a naggy cough (will this ever go away?) How is everyone else?

Kel
  • Sono, try not to murder him. Maybe you can bribe the hospital to keep him for the weekend. How very scary! Prayers are on the way.

Kel, I didn't get in here yesterday either! Moderating the SBD board is taking a lot of time with so many newbies. Crab feed? Sounds yummy! We have bullhead suppers around here this time of year. They are a type of catfish, not beef, but are breaded and deep fried so not on my plan.

L144S, I hope there's no snow falling down your way and you do get away for your much-needed holiday.

We have a snowstorm going on right now with a silly robin desperately singing his mating song from the apple tree! Must be completely insane to even BE here!

Happy TGIF, chickies.
  • Hey all,

Well things have been going good for me, I have been easing my way into the low carb thing again. I don't want to quit cold turkey so I am just widdling my carbs down. Today my carbs have been a few crackers with my tuna. But that is going to be all (or at least the blatent carbs, lol)

I stepped on the scales for the first time in a long time and I am now down to 281 so that isnt' a bad loss (and just got that TOM.) So I'm in a good mood right now, lol.

Ruth: I LOVE Bullhead. My husband thinks I'm crazy because he will only eat the large catfish, lol. And I have been doing my gardening. It feels great to be out side and doing stuff other then shoveling.

Ms Spotdon: I have been to the crab feeds on this side of the country and love them as well, although it taks FOREVER to get enough crab to fill you up, lol.

Snowgranny: Good luck with your hubby. hopfully things will work out for the best!

L: What kind of dog do you have? I have a Lab mut and a Rotti. The Lab hats to go to the vet and protests the entire time ( not easy because she is a very large dog) and the Rotti never protests. When he gets his shots, you would never know, he is just happy to get attention from the Vet, lol.

Robin: Good for you with your weight loss, it sucks bigtime to gain that much that fast (I have done it myself) and it's always nice to get it back off!

Linda: It's nice to be back, thanks. I envy you for being able to go to the pool. That is the only thing I miss about my old gym. I LOVE to swim! I just now have to wiat for the summer to come so I can play with the kids in the water on the weekends.

Well I think i have wrote enough, if i missed anyone, please forgive me!

I'll pop in again soon,
  • Hello all!
    Sono, DH's...what can I say, babies......
    Ruth, no snow and my bags are packed and I am ready to go! We are off to an all inclusive in the Dominican Republic. 85 and sun all week!
    Bella, I have 2 labs. Molly is black and just like your rotti will fall at your feet to be loved.
    Hannah a yellow is a love, and a wiggle worm. she loves attention but NOT from the vet lol
    I did manage to get their anuals done for a mere $350. I don't have a clue how people aford to have pets, especially in the geriactic state.

I have both dogs on Rimadill, an arthritis med and I can't even think about what that is going to cost...

Rain here, we are out for Spring break this week and next so the kids are ittchy to get out.

Shabbat across America tonight. All of the Temples in North America and Canada are celebrating tonight at sundown with services and dinner...I hope to be home by 8 as we leave for the airport around 6:45 tomorrow morning. I have a lovely woman who house sits so all will be happy for the doggage.

OK a few more things to do before I go get the kids...
    Be well,
    -L
  • Wow L, My dogs anuals only run me about $50 a piece and that includs all the shots! I could not imagine paying $250 more!