30 Something's Recipes

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • Please post your favorite recipes here! If you have WW points info, or other nutritional info, please post it!
  • Crockpot Chicken Stroganoff

1 lb. chicken breasts or chicken tenders
    1 16 oz. tub of fat-free sour cream
    1 can 98% fat-free chicken soup
    1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix

Spray crockpot with Pam.
    In a medium-size bowl, stir together sour cream and chicken soup; add onion soup mix and mix well.
    Lay chicken in bottom of crockpot and pour in sour cream mixture. Cook on low pretty much all day (crockpot cooking isn't exactly a science...)
    Serve over noodles or rice.

(4 WW points per serving; add points for noodles or rice.)

UPDATE: I tried this one and it's pretty good. I used chicken tenders and it was a little dry.
  • Slow Cooked Oriental Chicken

1 broiler-fryer chicken (3-4lbs), cut up
    2 tbsp vegetable oil
    1/3 c soy sauce
    2 tbsp brown sugar
    2 tbsp water
    1 garlic clove, minced (I usually used dry minced garlic, like 1/8 tsp)
    1 tsp ground ginger
    1/4 c slivered almonds

Brown chicken in oil on both sides over medium heat.
    Transfer chicken to crock pot.
    Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, water, garlic, and ginger; pour over chicken.
    Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
    Reduce heat to low setting; cook for 4-5 hours longer or until the meat juices run clear.
    Remove chicken to serving platter; sprinkle with almonds.
    Spoon juices over chicken or thicken if desired.
    Serve over rice.
    Yield: 4-6 servings.

(I'm guessing you could cook it on low all day, instead of starting on high, then going to low.)

UPDATE: I tried this one and it was AWESOME! I forgot to sprinkle the almonds, but that was ok.
  • Busy Day Chicken

1 (4 pound) whole chicken
    1 1/2 cups prepared barbecue sauce

Put chicken, legs up, into slow cooker. Pour sauce over and inside the chicken. Cover.
    Cook for 8 to 10 hours on low setting.
    It is not a good idea to check it, as steam escapes and it takes quite awhile to reheat.
  • Broccoli Cheese Soup

2 16 oz packages of frozen brocoli
    2 10 3/4 cans cheddar cheese soup
    2 12 oz cans evaporated milk
    1/4 cup finely chopped onions
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper

Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
    Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
  • Beef Stroganoff
    (This one is soooo good and it doesn't get much easier than this)

4 cups beef cubes
    10 3/4 can cream of mushroom soup
    1 cup sour cream

put beef in crock pot.
    Cover with mushroom soup.
    Cover and cook on low 8 hours or high 5 hours.
    Before serving stir in sour cream. Serve over noodles or rice.

(I don't like mushrooms, but I'm sure you could use cream of celery or something instead.)
  • Ham and Scalloped Potatoes

6-8 slices of ham
    8-10 med potatoes thinly sliced
    2 onions sliced thin
    salt to taste
    2 cups grated cheddar cheese
    10 3/4 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
    paprika

Put half of the ham, potatoes, and onions in crock pot.
    Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cheese. repeat layers.
    Spoon soup over top. Sprinkle with paprika. cover.
    Cook on Low 8-10 hours or high 4 hours.

UPDATE: I tried this one, thought it was OK, but I would not use cheddar cheese next time, I'd use Velveeta maybe. I don't like shrooms, so I used cream of celery. I would use diced ham too.[/b]
  • My ww leader gave us this one time.

Crockpot chicken

chicken breasts
    jar of salsa

this it so good - I like to serve it over rice. I cook it on low, 7 hours (I think).

Also, there are some seasoning packets called "Crockery Gourmet" that are great!

Rabbit
  • I threw this one together the other night, I guess kind of a quazi shepard's pie!

I made a batch of biscuit dough, rolled it out and put it in a pie pan
    Add a mixture of cooked ground beef, seasoned however you like, and mixed with peas & carrots
    Spread top with mashed potatoes...I used instant.
    Bake until crust is golden, about 20-30 min.

I guess the points wouldn't be too bad if you used the reduced fat biscuit mix, lean meat and no fat or anything.
  • Just found this recipe...yummy!! I'm going to try them later!

Chocolate-Cinnamon Quesadillas

POINTSŪ value: 3
    Servings: 2
    Preparation Time: 5 min
    Cooking Time: 4 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Tame that roaring sweet tooth in under 10 minutes with our chocolatey quesadillas.

Ingredients

2 Tbsp semisweet chocolate, grated or chopped (about 3/4 oz)
    1 Tbsp sugar
    1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    2 large burrito-size wheat flour tortilla(s)
    1 tsp powdered sugar

Instructions

Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of chocolate, 1/2 tablespoon of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon over half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half to cover ingredients.

Set quesadillas in a dry skillet and cook over medium heat until speckled with brown spots on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon of powdered sugar; serve.

Yields 1 quesadilla per serving.

UPDATE: I made these and they're really yummy!!
  • Great lo-cal meal in a pan in about 15 minutes

1 onion sliced fairly big and 1 package firm tofu sliced
    in nonstick pan with a bit of olive oil and garlic on medium until onion carmalizes and tofu browns
    Add fresh veggies (options include, carrots, zuccinni, peppers, chard, beet greens, pea pods, broccoli) add ones that take longer to cook first
    Salt and Pepper
    fresh herbs (like basil) if you have some growing
    Serve with cottage cheese and cumble on a bit of fat free feta

A whole package of tofu has 360 calories, so all together you have about 500 calories in enough to serve 2 people dinner ~or save the leftovers for two lo-cal meals. This also works with chicken breasts for slightly more damage.

I am trying that chicken breast-salsa-crockpot thing tomorrow, sounds yummy.
  • Roasted Vegetable Focaccia Pizza
    1/2 Medium red onion, thinly sliced
    2 cups Sliced mushrooms (fresh ones, not canned)
    1 Yellow or orange bell pepper (cut into slivers)
    2 Plum tomatos (chopped)
    1/2 tsp olive oil
    2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
    1 Small garlic clove (crushed)
    2 tbsp chopped basil (fresh)
    1/4 tsp ground pepper
    1 Thin crust Italian focaccia or flatbread (12")
    1 cup of part-skim mozzarella cheese (grated)

Combine all 4 vegetables in a large bowl.

Combine oil, vinegar, garlic, basil & pepper into a small bowl. Whisk together. Pour over vegetables. Toss. Place vegetables in single layer on large ungreased baking sheet with sides. Bake uncovered in 500 degrees F (260 C) in oven on top rack for 10 minutes until vegetables are tender.

Reduce heat to 450 degrees F (230 C). Arrange roasted vegetables evently on focaccia, spreading to edges. Sprinkle cheese over top. Place focaccia in large pizza pan or directly onto rack in centre of oven & bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted & crust is crispy. Cuts into 8 wedges.

1 Wedge: 168 calories, 8g Protein, 3.8 g total fat (1.8 g Sat, 9.7 mg cholestoral); 546 mg Sodium. Sorry, don't really know the carb count, it would really depend on the type of bread you purchased.

This recipe was in a Companys Coming cookbook. I have used it a few times & really like it. It makes pizza easy, because you dont have to make the crust yourself, plus fairly low calorie compared to the stuff you order in.
  • Kirstie Alley Soup
    I have a hard time getting all of my vegetables in, so I'm always on the lookout for low-fat vegetable recipes. Here's one I found on Kirstie Alley's whatever-diet-she's-on web site. I just call it Kirstie Alley Soup:

organic chicken broth (fat free), bok choy, leeks, cilantro, celery, garlic and pepper

With any broth based soup, begin with a broth. Canned chicken broth or make a homemade vegetarian broth. (To make a veggie broth, simmer vegetables in a pan until they are lifeless, you simply want them to give up their good stuff to the broth, drain, discard the used veggies and bay leaves)
    Add to the broth 2 Garlic cloves, 2 bay leaves, blk pepper. Add one diced leek, fresh cut up bok choy, parsley, cilantro, sliced green onions to the soup.

As far as herbs and seasonings, it really depends on the type of food you like. Mrs. Dash has great salt free seasonings that are already combined for you. The following herb mixes will give a "change" or "bit of spice" to the traditional soups:

If you like a chili taste, try paprika, tumeric, cayenne pepper, garlic, cumin, (maybe a dash of oregano) and cilantro. I also use a jalapeno pepper.

If Italian is your fav, try basil, oregano, rosemary, marjoram, and coriander.

For an exotic spice mix cardamom, cinnamon, fenugreek, allspice, tumeric, blk pepper, wht pepper, cloves, coriander, nutmeg, paprika, and cayenne pepper.

For a Cajun taste, try paprika, garlic, coriander, fenugreek, cayenne pepper, onion powder, cumin, thyme, fennel, and blk pepper.

From http://www.jennycraig.com/kirstie/ ... somewhere in there

I find it makes a great side dish for any meal, freezes well, and is easy to take to work.

Morrigan's tofu stirfry and Rabbit's salsa chicken both sound easy and delicious!
  • Another one I threw together! It's soup season!

Turkey Barley Soup
    In the crockpot...but you could do it on the stovetop.

First I cooked the ground turkey...practically FF!
    I put a bunch of frozen carrots and onions in the crockpot (If i hadn't done it on the fly, I would've added more veggies, but that's what I had!)
    Added the turkey and barley...about 1/3 of the bag.
    Added water, just barely enough to cover, and a few bullion cubes.
    Added some thyme, rosemary and garlic.

Let it cook overnight...it's soo yummy! It came out thick, which is how I like it, and I just add a little chicken broth to loosen it up.
  • Turkey and Spinach Lasagna
    1 package (no boil) lasagna noodles (get whole grain if you can find them)
    1 lb of ground 7% fat or lower ground turkey
    1 can of diced tomatoes
    1 can of diced Italian-style tomatoes
    1 16 oz container of low fat ricotta cheese
    2 cups of low fat mozzarella cheese
    1/3 cup of parmesan cheese (the fancier the better...none of that canned stuff)
    1 small onion chopped or diced
    2 cloves of garlic minced ( or you can use a tsp of garlic powder- the kind with no salt added)
    6 cups of baby spinach washed and drained
    1 egg
    1 cup of water
    salt and pepper to your own liking (a dash or two cooking and seasoning)
    2 tsp dried basil or 2 tablespoons fresh coarsely chopped if you have it.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray the bottom and sides of a baking pan and set aside (size is up to you, I use 9 x 13). Brown ground turkey. Drain half the fat and reserve the rest to lightly sauté the onions and garlic. Don't burn garlic, just lightly soften. After onions are transparent and garlic is soft, add 1 tsp basil and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer for 15 mins. In a separate bowl combine half of the mozzarella and half of the parmesan cheese along with the whole package of ricotta. Once blended add the egg and the other tsp of basil. Blend nicely. Once the sauce has had time to simmer, take off of heat. Add a light coating of sauce to the bottom of the baking dish/pan. Add one layer of noodles to pan lightly top with cheese mixture, then spinach leaves, then sauce, then noodles, cheese, then spinach, sauce, noodles, cheese, spinach, sauce...as many times as you can until you run out of stuff! Just make sure that you end up with noodles on top and lightly drizzle some sauce on the top and add the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese to the top. Carefully take the cup of water that you should have left and pour it into the pan from the side, so not to disturb the top of the lasagna. Double wrap your baking dish/pan in foil and bake for 50 mins. Remove foil and bake for 10 more uncovered to get cheese browned too, if you so desire.

In my 9 x 13 pan I was able to yield 20 small, but hearty pieces of this wonderful dish. It freezes beautifully. From what I can determine from the ingredients and such, 1 1 1/2 inch x 1 1/2 inch piece is about 190 calories, 8 grams of fat, 22 carbs and 30 mg of cholesterol. It sounds like a little piece, but it's not. It holds it's own and is oh so yummy and satisfying.

Give it a try. Hope you enjoy.