Father's Day Challenge - 2/29/04-6/20/04

You're on Page 37 of 37
Go to
  • Dale,
    I think that short challenges might be better for me. I am really trying to up my exercise this month and doing very well. The longer stretches seem to have too many plateaus in them and I loose focus. I would love to join your next challenge. It might help to join at the beginning. It is great that you lost 30 pounds. I think we need to keep focus on how far we have come. It gets hard to do when we have not lost what we hoped but is important to celebrate. My success is mainly that I am still working on it and have lost a ton of inches. I just need to get the food thing under control. As it is turning hot now I am doing better. I hope everyone is enjoying the last of spring, Vanessa
  • Hi everyone! sorry I haven't posted in so long, life has been very busy. I've been sticking to my diet pretty well even tho I've had a few ups because of traveling. I'm currently at 178.5 which is a pretty big deal for me as I'm now no longer considered obese just overweight!

I'm still hoping to reach my goal weight of 175 by fathers day.

I'd love to do another challenge altho I'll be on vacation for most of July.
  • Hi all. It's been busy around here too. While, I don't think I'm going to lose 5.5 pounds in a week, I'm happy with the fact that the scale doesn't seem to be going up. And I've very happy with losing 10 pounds over the course of this challenge, even joining late!

I too think a shorter challenge would be great. Thanks!
  • I'm down to 176.5 as of today

I've been buying new clothes for my vacation which has been so much fun.

I think everyone has done amazing jobs during the challenge and I think we all have a lot to be proud of.
  • You all are doing amazingly well. I miss talking to you all. I am going to think up a new challange and post it this week on a thread. Any ideas? I think eight weeks is good.

Have a great one! I think we should all at least make a commitment to post on the last day if possible. So we can give our thoughts on how we think we did and what we can do in the future.

Dale
  • FINALLY!!!! My scale moved!!!! Down another 1.5 pounds (after 4.5 weeks of nothing!)
  • I'm home! Missed you guys!
    I'm happy to report that I only put on 2 lbs while I was gone- not bad considering all we've been eating for breakfast is Danish, bagels and coffee for breakfast for the last 10 days, and the late night meals were killing me!!

It is nice to be home, but California is beautiful- the Gaslamp district is AMAZING in San Diego, and I loved the zoo to pieces!

Had lunch with my 10 yr old as they had a 4th grade barbeque at school today..she had chicken ( she REFUSED to eat the bun, go figure) and hunted out the salad after she had eaten so she could get some for her MOM! and she even brought me a water to go with it!! She's such a punkin! She wanted to make sure Mom got taken care of!

Glad to be back, and Glad to be back on TRAK! 10 lbs to goal, but it won't happen by Sunday..and you know what? That's OK!!
  • Another pound gone! I'll be perfectly happy with 3 pounds from goal if I don't lose anymore by Sunday!!!
  • Lori, that's GREAT!

I won't be losing any more wt before Sunday...but that's OK! I am VERY satisfied with my 22lb loss since the end of February- no complaints at all, I just need to keep at it!!

Hope Hula at least checks in on Father's day to see how we all did!
  • Didn't loose much weight but I learned alot about myself during this challenge. First I need short challenges, I can procrastinate way too easy. Second, I need accountability, so I signed up on the email list and got a motivator buddy - much easier to just read this thread when you are not doing well, then to respond to a single email from one person.

I am thankful for the learning process, but really need to kick myself in the butt!
  • Happy Father's Day Challenge Day!!!!!

My official weigh in for this challenge is 157. Okay so I did not make it to the 135 or even the 145 I later changed it to. But I am happy that I lost what I did and I am not going to beat myself over it. Going to get back on the wagon. This last month has not been very OP and I am going to start again and this time I think its a six week challenge for me. I am going to start a new thread as soon as this post is done.

The new thread will be called "Baby Steps 1" this way I can make goals and stay motivated and I really,truly hope you all join me. For six weeks we can make goals to either loose weight, keep the house clean, or say I love you to your spouse 6 times a day. Whatever you feel you would like to stick to for six weeks. I am going to continue the weightloss goal and sticking to my food program. I have really allowed myself to make excuses about what I am eating. The biggest one is well I am not gaining so it must be okay. Well I have to say to myself "your not loosing anything either dumdum"

I just want to tell al of you ladies that you have helped in ways you do not even know. I feel I found freinds and you have allowed me to finally look at myself and say "yes, you need work but your okay too"

I too hope that Hula at least comes in to say hi. All of you should be very proud, I know I am....

Onto Baby Steps 1, hope to see you there!

Dale
  • Well, I am 22lbs lighter today than on the 29th of February. That's pretty darn good since 1 yr ago today I had no set plan on HOW to lose, just knew I "should"...

so, I didn't hit the 30lbs...quite frankly, I thought it was a stretch anyway, but still I haven't lost this much weight at one time since my kids were born.

I plan to continue to lose wieght...See everybody on babysteps!
  • 12 pounds lighter and much happier!!! Onward!!
  • Way to go Lori!

Now join us over at Babysteps thread!!