+100 lbs to lose

• Hi I am new, from Canada:

I have over 100 lbs to lose. I am 54 and have been overweight since I stopped smoking in 88. I weigh 259lbs now.

My weight has been increasing every year.

I need to buddy.

Paula
  • Paula, Welcome! Come and post with us in the 100 Lb. Club. All of us have or had 100 pounds or more to lose. You'll find lots of encouragement, support, and inspiration. Just jump right in and start posting. I look forward to reading your future posts and getting to know you better!
  • Hello you sound like me. I'm 50 in a few months and not even sure what I weigh but it can't be far from 250. I would like to get to know you better. I am from Canadian Prairies a stay at home wife with a home daycare. You'd think I would be too busy to eat but there always seems to be time for a quick bite and with the kids they have snacks way too often. Anywayreply if you wish to work together I am new here since yesterday so haven't gotten too involved and so far I haven't started the long hard road just getting prepared
  • Congrats for quiting smoking....
    Hi Paula,

My name is Donna. I have over 100+ to lose. It seems overwhelming so I look at it 10lbs at a time.

Its great that you quit smoking so long ago and never picked it back up. I had quit for 7 yrs in 1990 and gained enough weight for 3 babies. So in 1997 I picked them back up, and you know what? I still continued to yo-yo. So last feb of 2003 I quit again. So don't ever give up and go back to smoking. It's never of any benefit. Even with all my weight which is the cause of my HBP and typeII diabetes, my doc says quiting smoking was the best thing I could do for myself. So give yourself a big pat on the back and a big ((hug))
    you deserve it.

The weight is a separate battle. Hard to believe quiting smoking was easier, but you need food to live, so its tough.

Are you following a program? I am currently trying to following sugar busters(I think it's beneficial to my diabetes) I also joined ediets for a while to get the discipline or journaling and also for support. But the support here is actually better. I have been on several posts and everyone is wonderful.

So post often. You can also priv msg. Good Luck. We are here for you and with you.

Take Care,