Back again...haven't been here in a while...my re-intro

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I am Jen. I just turned 31yrs old on Sunday and need to doing something about my body weight and become a healthier individual. I have over 100 lbs to say so long to. I am happily married to Steve, and a stay-at-home-mom to Katy(6¾yrs) and Christian(3¾yrs). We are in Ontario, Canada.

About a year ago I went on the Atkins way of eating and I was on it from Feb 10 to July 2003. I had lost about 40lbs and was happy about that, but stupid me, I fell of the wagon and gained about 30lbs of it back. I went back on the Atkins woe January 9, 2005. I have decided to change from doing the Atkins way of eating to Dr. Phil's Weight Loss Challenge. Since I went back on Atkins I was so tired of eating meat and eggs and cheese and no fruits and limited veggies. I personally love fruit and veggies....So I was thinking that doing Dr. Phil's WLC would be ideal and help me to learn to live a better lifestyle(eating and exercising) and hopefully pass that on to my kids too.

I bought Dr. Phil's "The Ultimate Weight Solution Food Guide" (which is the second book as it explains what foods are best to use and what foods to stay away from, and this book is WAY cheaper to buy than the first one, which I do plan to eventually get too as I know it has a lot of other stuff with dealing with one's innerself and such). It has a lot of great information in it to get one started and to keep them going and to get on the road to a healthy new lifestyle of eating....one I can adapt to and stick to for the rest of my life and I can adapt my kids to as well. I like the fact there is a lot more fresh foods like fruits and veggies involved here.

Anyhow, I hope I didn't bore you with my novel of an introduction...
  • Welcome back! I hope that the Dr. Phil works for you!
  • Welcome back Jen! So glad to see you!
  • You didn't bore me! Welcome back, please post A LOT!! We like the chatty people!!!!
  • Welcome back Jen - always good to see someone else from "a place to stand, a place to grow, Ontari ari ari ooo" I fear I just showed my age - you probably don't even know that song from my elementary school days (ask your mom)
  • Thanx everyone....

And Jillegal....Yes I remember that song....I am pretty sure I sang it in elementary school as well.

Where abouts in Ontario are you(if you don't mind)....I am in London, but grew up in Woodstock area.
  • I live in Oakville and work in downtown Toronto - I used to live in London though (on Riverside Drive - when I went to Western) and my ex-husband was from the Woodstock area (Ingersoll). Gee, the bigger the world gets, the smaller it is, eh?
  • Welcome back Jen!! It's always good to see a fellow Canuck. (grew up in Oshawa and TO - but have also lived in Ottawa, Kingston and Burlington and Mississauga!)
  • Hello to another Jen. I haven't been here for awhile either. Just got off the whole weight loss thing for various reasons. I used to live in Woodstock too and Ingersoll for awhile. What school did you go to? I went to IDCI for a couple of years and CASS for 3 years.

Anyway good luck with the Dr. Phil plan and BTW you are not stupid for falling off the Atkins wagon. IMHO that is not a plan that is reasonable for people to stay on for long periods of time.

Take care.
  • Thanx everyone....Wow a bunch of Ontarians here....

Jen....Where do you live now? I went to HPSS for school. That was quite a while ago though(about 14yrs ago). I really do miss school....LOL...oh well I will have to live vicariously through my daughter and son and their schooling years.

I realized myself that Atkins was definitely not for me, especially since seeing one of Oprah's shows(which I normally don't watch, but it caught my interest). It was "Inside the Human Body"(seen here... http://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/...20040130.jhtml ) That just really freaked me out. PLus I love fresh fruits and was tired of giving them up.
  • Welcome back Jen! Looking forward to reading your posts.

I'm also in Ontario (Ottawa), but I am really a western girl (from Calgary). Nobody ever seems to want to claim that they are from Ottawa! You and I have similar start and goal weights!

P.S. Does every Canadian on this board have a connection to the Woodstock area? Seems an unlikely place to forge a universal connection!
  • Welcome Back.....

I am willing to make copies of Dr. Phil's weight loss challenge book on tape.....if that is legal????? To any one who wants it....just mail me some blank tapes, and postage and an envelope....I will gladl pass on this knowledge. Besides, it is narrated by Dr. Phil himself....it is like he is talking directly to you....it's kinda cool!!!!
  • Quote: P.S. Does every Canadian on this board have a connection to the Woodstock area? Seems an unlikely place to forge a universal connection!
    Well...I lost my virginity in the Woodstock area (speaking of connections), but don't think anyone from this board was in the vicinity at the time!
  • Do you mean in the same area (ie. Woodstock), or with you specifically??
    Seems to me that your connection to Woodstock is much stronger than mine!! My friend is married to a man from Woodstock & I had a roomate in university who was from Woodstock. Seems kinda pathetic next to your link to Woodstock! LOL.
  • I bet I have the strongest connection to Woodstock....I lived there for 29yrs and I am 31 now....LOL

It took me a while to get used to living here in London(much bigger city than little ole Woodstock) but now if I were asked to move back to Woodstock I would have to say no thanx.