Daily chat Feb 8+

You're on Page 2 of 10
Go to
  • Jessica! That was amazing -especially for you first time out.

My dad went on the Dean Ornish diet about 5 years ago when he was told he had to have heart surgery and that he would only have 6 months to live if he didn't. He was determined not to have it so he bought Dr. Ornish's book on reversing heart disease through diet, became a vegetarian and started walking everyday. He went back for his tests 4 months later and the docs were stunned! All his cholesterol levels were way down and he did well on all the other tests - they told him he no longer needed to have the surgery!!!! His GP was amazed and said whatever you are doing, keep doing it! And he lost 45 lbs in one year to boot!

Glad you are feeling better Heather

I don't really watch any other sports than hockey or football with DH. I would rather play sports like tennis, bowling etc. than watch.
  • Same here, Mauvais!! I'd rather play anyday!! Well, cept for that really fancy stuff like those crazy skiiers and divers. I am not that talented.
  • Yay Jessica!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Thanks for the visit
    Hey Mauvais, Thanks for visiting our WLS forum.

It was nice to see you there. --Pookie
  • Wow, Mauvais... that is AMAZING about your Dad!
  • Yeah- he's a fighter!

He was telling me last night that when the doctor's wanted him to have the surgery they said it would only prolong his life for two years and he thought "2 years???? Then what is the point of having the surgery????" He basically said screw that and took charge of the situation himself - That's my Dad!!!!
  • I needed a butter tart intervention today....The following is my friend's advice:

Take imaginary butter tart and place it on your thigh.
    If you like how it looks there, then you are good to go.
    If you do not like how it looks on your thigh, eat a fruitie.

I did not eat the buttertart.
  • Well... I went to the EyeBall Dr. today...

Surgery is March 22nd. Bad news is...the doc is going to work on BOTH eyes. BLAH!!! They asked me when I wanted to do this, I said the sooner the better, but I wasn't thinking that fast!! Oh well...I'll be glad to get it over and done with. I'll just be called "Bandit" for a little while after. hehehehe
    They friggin dilated my eyes... As it is right now, I can barely see what I'm typing. Everything has that misty cloud! The things we go through to see better...
  • Mauvais - too funny!

Congrats Jessica!

As for sports I LOVE watching hockey! Sometimes baseball - but mostly at the game not on TV. And if I can catch it on TV, I will watch curling.

Life should be better now. Major project is done! I hate government deadlines. And doing a project for the first time is always a mess. I don't think I am cut out to be a project manager. I hate pestering people, and expect adults to do what they are supposed to.

I get to watch munchkin tonight. Oscars on Sunday, and a mental health/vacation day Monday. Looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend.
  • Good luck with your surgery, Noodles. It'll be fine.

Squeak... you watch CURLING!?!? Are you, like, some weird Canadian?
    I've got to get the antenna set up in my bedroom for Sunday night. Oscar night is about the only time I watch TV. Sick.
  • Yes, but you know we really only watch it for the outfits
  • Quote: Good luck with your surgery, Noodles. It'll be fine.

Thanks, Ellis. **Hugs** back at ya dear!
  • Good luck Noodles.
    Mauvais: congrats on the buttertart intervention
    I have about an hour and then i get to go watch The Lion King 1 1/2 at my son's school, is free and cheap pop/popcorn, figure the kids will enjoy. Take my DS to get his mophead cut, and then home to have a home day. no errands, just puttering around getting things caught up.
    Morning everyone.
  • Good luck Noodles!

Ellis - I think it has something to do with living so close to the border. Men With Brooms is a great movie & book about curling, which I really enjoyed.

I will be watching the Oscars. Even have 2 lists made. Who I want to win, and who I think will win.

I have been up cleaning my house. Kitchen counters are done. Junk mail is tossed. Bills got paid. Now to clean my table, and cupboards. I have been too busy/tired to do much of this stuff, so it feels good to be getting it done.