Oven Fries?

• I am looking for a really good recipe for oven baked french fries. Can anyone help?
  • I cut unpeeled white or red potatoes into strips and toss them, in a bowl with a teaspoon of olive oil, a teaspoon of water and seasoning - Cajun spice or galic powder work fine. Then I bake at 400 for about 15 minutes, turning once.
  • I cut baking potatoes into steak frie shapes, and dip them in egg whites, and bake until done. They are great. Add a little salt, and they are heavenly. Of course, you do not want to eat too many of them, but they are healthy. Real fries cannot be duplicated though, LOL, so I still eat them every once and a while, I keep it in moderation.
  • Check out MrsDash.com for some other ideas. They keep running a commercial about seasoning cut up pototoes with Mrs. Dash seasonings. No MSG
  • I'm into really simple. My version of baked fries are Ore-Ida Steak Fries. They are very low in calories. I cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Then I spray the foil with cooking spray, spread the steak fries in a single layer, then spray again. They are especailly yummy if you use the butter flavored cooking spray.
  • Oven Fries
    I am looking for a really good recipe for oven baked french fries. Can anyone help?

They are real good if you use Fat free Chicken Broth and pour it over them and bake them in oven Ummmmm ....
    Gives it a zest
  • ruthxx you been sneaking my recipes? lol that is how i do my oven tater's.. delish!!!
  • For my oven baked french fries I slice them up into the size I want then let them soak in ice water for about 30 min. I drain the water then toss with a little olive oil and garlic power, cajun...whatever seasoning you like. Then bake at 350 for about an hour. Less time if they are smaller in size. The cold water helps them maintain some crispness when done.

BTW, I am new.
  • A big WELCOME Sommar!!

I make my fries almost the same way as Ruth but after dipping in olive oil I just sprinkle seasoned salt on them and bake. Voila! They are pretty good.
  • This is from Slimming World in England. I dunno what potatoes you use but any you usually use for what you call French Fries (we call em chips).

Ingredients:
    2lb / 908g medium sized Maris Piper potatoes
    Fry Light spray
    Crushed sea salt and malt vinegar [optional]

Method:
    1. Preheat the oven to 240°C/475°F/Gas 9. Peel the potatoes using a potato peeler and remove any blemishes or 'eyes'. Slice lengthwise into approx ½in/1cm thick rectangular chips.

2. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the chips and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and leave aside for 10 minutes to dry.

3. Return the chips to the dry saucepan, cover with a lid and shake to 'rough up' the edges of the chips - this roughness is important to the texture of the chips.

4. Spray a metal baking tray with Fry Light. Transfer the chips to the tray, spray lightly with Fry Light and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown on all sides. Drain them on absorbent kitchen paper and serve with salt and vinegar
  • Wow, you are still eating potatos?
    ok, I mean, I will once in a wile but when trying to loose 25 lbs. I have all but given up on potatos and replaced them with whole wheat pasta or brown rice and or whole wheat tortilla. and not a lot of that stuff.
  • partytime, i have cut way down but i believe moderation is the key, with healthy cooking. i am absolutely in love with red potatoes. actually it is pasta that i have to watch. too many years ingrained with america's portion problem. u know the plate at the rest. that really serves 6 but is for 1? lol