Purchases at Meetings...

• Hello all.

I quit Weight Watchers in January of this year, after getting the week 4 (Exercise) booklet, deciding to set out on my own.

I have continued the program to the letter, and am doing very well. I'm not the type of person that really benefitted from the meetings - all the support I need is right here on these boards!

Anyway... My question is... Since I am no longer a current member, can I still go into one of the meeting places and purchase the items they have for sale, such as the cookbooks and - what I'm really looking for - one of the pedometers?

Just curious - don't want to embarass myself - though I'd love to see my old leader and let her know that I'm still doing well!

Thanks for your input!
    ºoº Beth ºoº

187/150/145
    Started 5/17/00 - slow loser, but LOSER nonetheless.....
  • Beth,
    I believe you can. Folks can walk in and buy gifts for members, so former members ought to be able to buy stuff too.

BUT, may I suggest that, before you buy the WW pedometer, you seek input on whether there might be a better choice out there? I've read many comments on the WW pedometer that are not encouraging, and there are other pedometers that might be more reliable. Some have had to return their Bonus Buddies because they just did not work. You may want to start a new thread entitled something like "Should I buy a Bonus Buddy or a different pedometer?" and see what you learn.
  • The Bonus Buddy Pedometer (my region is telling us) has been recalled because it doesn't work properly. They are supposedly having the company re-do all of them. They even refunded money for those who bought it. Now if this is true or not I can say for sure but my region is doing it but we are a franchise area.
  • Thank you VERY much for your insight!

I saw a couple on eBay, and they all have several bids on them. That's what made me think they might not be available to non-members.

I have looked at SEVERAL different types - I just liked that WW's incorporated points into theirs, as well.

But I'll definitely wait it out and see if they improve!

Thanks, again!
    - Beth
  • Hi,

Just some news on the pedometer, there is another thread on that and if you have one of the new ww pedometers You will want to read it. Here are 2 suggestions, first of all don't wear the pedometer on the front of your body, you must wear it on your side, over your hip, I wear it on my waist band of my pants, big difference, it doesn't work at all on the front of your body, also as for the sensitivity button, there are 7 settings within that, just move it a little at a time. Anyway, this is straight from ww and it made me love mine instead of hating it, I was going to return it at my meeting and they told me to try these suggestions first.

Bren