Happy and Grateful Thread

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: Oh, sorry!! This was MIL I was talking about. I can't even say the name...shhhhhh. If you look up wicked witch of the west, it shows her pic..... Not kidding. 31 years experience.
    must be because i have her sister as my MIL but i knew automatically who you were talking about. lol
  • I am increadably grateful for my nephew, and the staff at our local Childern's hospital.

He has had a runny nose for the last 2 days, but tonight he suddenly got a very high fever. He had a seizure. He went to the ER, and is now home. Everything is ok. All tests came back good. It was the result of the high spike in his fever. We are all a little freaked out, but ok.
  • Squeak, I'm so glad your little Munchkin is alright. I'll be saying prayers for him... he'll be fine.
  • Thank you Ellis.

I know he is going to be ok, I am much more calm then I had been. He did very well at the hospital. He is just so little.
  • I know. There's nothing more frightening than having a child you love sick. Nothing. I know he means the world to you. You're such a good Auntie S.
  • Glad he is going to be okay Squeaker!
  • Thank you Mauvais!

And thank you Ellis!

• I am gratefrul that I got an interview last week with a new school district. Even though I'm not sure that it went so well (I suck at interviews), I'm still thankful that I got my foot in the door.
  • That is great news becgris! I will keep my fingers crossed for you and send good job vibes your way
  • Good Luck bcgris!
    I am thankful for mother earth today. i can feel springtime in my bones.
  • Ditto! Cept it's been summertime like here...91° we hit yesterday!! I am grateful that my bones aren't aching & I am not sick anymore thanks to the sunshine and dry weather.

Noodles the !!!!
  • Yeah well, *pppppbbbbbbtttt*

I had to scrape ice of my car this morning.
  • Feel free to move here anytime, squeak!! Jobs are a plentiful, rent and housing is cheap, and no smog!! Just got the 100°+ heat in the summertime to deal with. "But it's a dry heat." No squitos, no fleas, no bugs in general! They all keel over. hahahahaa
  • Squeak - my thoughts are with you. It is sooo difficult to see a child sick. You can't explain anything and you want to alleviate their suffering. I have nephews that I adore to death too.

I am grateful for my health. I say this because I was speaking to a friend yesterday who has fibromyalga and she is in pain almostly constantly.

I am also grateful for changing seasons. I love the fall.

Do you have seasons Noodles?
  • Quote:
    Do you have seasons Noodles?
    Yeah...

Winter = December--January--& some of February
    Spring = End of February--March--& if we're lucky, end of March too.
    Summer = End of March to Mid October with a break from the heat when the monsoons roll in during July and August
    Fall = End of October until Mid December

Keep in mind the temps still usually hover up and down in the 60's--80's during Fall...Usually when we get the coldest it is in January & Feburary. We got down to 19° in January!! That was COLD!! Brrrrr....