Hoping for new friends and support

• Hi! I am new. I have been visiting this site for awhile, just reading a lot of the posts. I am hoping to find a place that I can get support as I try to get this blasted weight off!! I am 33, and need to lose 30 pounds. I have just joined Weight Watchers. I am the mommy of three boys and I teach Kindergarten. I am feeling disgusted - I just cant seem to get this weight off. I would love to find a buddy to share ideas, recipes, and encouragement with!! Thanks!
  • Hi Lisa,
    I'm new, too, and looking for support. I have 2 kids and stay at home. I'm 40 and my goal is 40 lbs by mid-July (my son's birthday).
    I'd love to find a buddy too.
    Good luck!
  • Your at the right place. We all share and pipe in when needed. I look forward to seeing your posts under the Weight Watchers section.
  • By the way, I'm 38 and have two boys. I LOVE BOYS!! Of course I have no idea what having a girl is like. I always wonder if I would be a different woman if I had two daughters instead. I live with 3 left handed males and wonder about the male culture at times. They find the strangest things funny. With 3 boys in the house I bet you feel the same way.
  • Hi Lisa. We sound like our situations are pretty similar. I am 34, married and the mom to three boys, but have 50 pounds to lose. I am on WW. If you would like to exchange email addresses, we could try to keep each other motivated and exchange recipes, etc. Good luck!
  • It's so funny - I grew up an only child in a house with two very shy parents. Here I am with these three energetic boys!! Even our dog is a boy. I like to say that I am the Queen here(LOL)! But, I absolutely love boys and wouldn't know what to do with a girl! I do wish at times that I could go "girl shopping" for some of those cute pink outfits and bows! Anyway, I guess it's overalls and dumptrucks for me!!!
  • Quote: Hi Lisa. We sound like our situations are pretty similar. I am 34, married and the mom to three boys, but have 50 pounds to lose. I am on WW. If you would like to exchange email addresses, we could try to keep each other motivated and exchange recipes, etc. Good luck!
    I would love to keep in touch!! My e-mail is [email protected]. I have some good recipes I think. I love chocolate and sweets, and I have quite a few things that are low points, yet keep me going. I will get them together and send them to you. I am determined to lose this weight once and for all! I look forward to hearing from you! Is life as crazy at your house as it is here at mine????
  • Quote: Hi Lisa,
    I'm new, too, and looking for support. I have 2 kids and stay at home. I'm 40 and my goal is 40 lbs by mid-July (my son's birthday).
    I'd love to find a buddy too.
    Good luck!
    Sounds great to me! I am teaching kindergarten half-days this year, but I am going to be a stay at home mom again next year. I was home for five years, and decided I needed to exercise my brain. Well... it has been exercised!! It has been stressful trying to work and manage the kids. (Even though staying home is the hardest work of all!) I look forward to hearing from you!!