LAWL and Friends #76

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • Hey Diane,

I'm back and I'm on the 2 day juice thing, today is the 1st day so it's been OK, tomorrow will be a different story. Anyway, I do not have a lot of time this afternoon so I'll write tomorrow.
    Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • Hello Ladies...

This is going to be quick...I will post more tomorrow morning...I am back and have been reading your posts....boy I feel so down in the dumps. You guys are so upbeat and it is great reading. Everyone is soooo motivated. I have not been back to LAWL since I got back from Atlanta. I am too embarassed to go. I know the scale is going to show a gain. I continue to work out but the eating has not been great. Also, it is a week before TOM...so maybe I might go weigh in this Friday or Saturday...I just need the courage ...

Gotta run...Have a great evening....
  • Hey all

My weekend was fairly good, I've been struggling today though, but trying to stay on the straight and narrow. I'm still trying to get motivated on the whole excersize thing it really seems to be the biggest struggle for me.

Boredom can be a huge problem for me at times too Diane...I haven't found a good "release" yet for that.

Question for you all...what "plan" are you on? I'm on the Purple plan....I'm not doing the carb craver thing because I like my "weekends off" too much, even though they really aren't OFF!

Schana
  • Hi All:
    Tab: Be careful, and try and get back there the longer you wait ther harder its going to be.
    Kimbo at least its only two days, so how did you make out?
    Schana I am supposed to be on the gold but I stick to the blue mostly, I am find the gold plan not enough food. I have been sticking to the normal plan also, but my center said they no longer do the weekends off.
    Diane

Diane
  • Hi everyone

I joined LAWL at the end of January. For the first couple of weeks I followed it very faithfully and lost 6 pounds. Then for the past 2 weeks, I haven't been motivated to follow the program and have been gaining and re-losing the same 3 pounds over and over.

I am just 3.6 pounds away from breaking 200 pounds which is a major accomplishment for me. I am on the purple plan, and just think I need a little extra motivation to help me do this once and for all!

Looking forward to getting to know you all
  • Hey all,

Diane, I wonder how come your center doesn't do weekends off, but mine still does, interesting, I think I would have a HUGE issues with them changing it on me, I would certainly not make it thru the week if I didn't know I could have a little splurge come the weekend (however small it is, it makes me feel like I'm not being denied).

I still didn't get my butt outside and walk today, but just that fact that I'm dissappointed that I didn't means something to me, I haven't actually felt that dissappointment before....so I think I might be making some progress, however small.

Frosty, looks like you and I are about on the same start period, and I too am on the purple. Somedays it's too much food, and I choke down the last bits, other days it's not enough no happy medium it seems for me. one thing I did do is I got the cook book, it really helps liven things up for me, I can't stand just plain ole chicken and a salad, it really helps.

Are all of you getting in the 2 LA lites a day. I don't always, not sure if that's a bad thing or not, also is anyone else taking the Tri-Max and FB500 supplements? I would be interested in knowing if anyone is having good results without them?

My husband has been eating right along with the program without actually being "on" the program as far as paying for it. I share supplements with him, but he uses Zone bars instead of the LA lites. He seems to be losing about the same pace as me.

Anyone have any really good "tips" on what works for you and what doesn't?
  • New Carb Lovers
    Who can tell me what the new carb lovers plan is all about? I would appreciate any responses!!
  • Schana:
    I take the FB 500's and the trimax, I have lost either way when I take them or when I don't. Would your husband walk with you? let him know what you want to do and maybe he will do it with you.
    Weightlady The carb Cravers menu you can have once a day either lunch breakfast or dinner, there is a whole list of different foods, but when you choose to have a carb craver meal you would take away a protein and not lose any other starches from the day. Also before your meal you would take these carb craver pills , they are like starch blockers. I like it because you are still able to use your limited items in you menu.
    Hi tab and Kimbo how are you doing?
    Diane
  • Hello, ladies! It has been awhile. I am Melinda. I was on the thread Nov 2002. I found out I was pregnant in Dec and stopped LAWL. My son was born in August, he is now 6 months old. I am still breastfeeding, so unable to go back. I have 8 more weeks left with LA lites program. I call them every couple of weeks and document it, so I will be sure to get what I paid for. I am unsure how long I will be breastfeeding, but I plan on going back.

I am a stay at home mom, which is great! However, much harder to stay out of the fridge, better for workouts though. I have combined all of my weight loss info from the past 10 years and am using a little bit of each. Most recently I have tried the South Beach. I am counting points with the WW program and tracking my food. I did not want to shell out any extra money now in a new program. I have the tools, I just need to enforce them. I have been following the stay at home mom's thread as well.

A little more info than you needed, but I am back.

Melinda
  • Welcome back Melinda, its good that good keep track with LAWL, you never know what happen, kimbo thought she was on hold but lose her weeks. How did you like south beach, I just could not get into that one.
    Diane
  • Diane: The first phase of South Beach is hardly any carbs, but I have been following more of the second phase, which incorporates fruits and milk. I am not by the book, but pretty much I have cereal/skim milk for breakfast, salad with meat for lunch, cheesesticks for snacks, and then meat, green veggie, and another veggie for dinner. I will have whole wheat pasta or brown rice probaby 3-4 times a week. I think it is more about limiting intake, instead of the breakdowns of food, that is what the point system in WW is like. Like I said I am just trying all of the diet plans I know.

Today was my personal weigh in day. I am the same as last week. That can account for not watching portions as much.

Have a great weekend!

Melinda
  • Melinda:
    thanks for the info, I am just having such a hard time commiting myself to any diet plan even though I really want to lose weight, all I have been doing is maintaining.
    I have the south beach book maybe I will look into the second phase. This week I was trying to watch my sugar intake, I started the week out well but towards the end of the week I just started adding in to may starches.
    Diane
  • Diane: The ricotta creme is really good and you use it with the splenda instead of sugar. Taste almost like cheesecake. Do it in all different flavors to add variety.

Have a Happy Tuesday!

Melinda
  • Thanks Melinda!
    Kimbo and Tab where have you ladies been?
    Diane
  • Ladies:

I'm sorry I have been MIA lately. Life has certainly got a way of throwing us out of wack sometimes It seems that Lent is a very busy season for this girl!

I've been doing ok. I say ok because I had a terrible dieting weekend...popcorn at the movies on Friday night and my husband and I went to dinner with his parents on Sunday and I wasn't all that good of a girl. I'm dreading my weigh in this week and I've already decided to push it back a couple days. Ugh, I hate that feeling.

Diane you would be proud of me, I put on my new tennis shoes and got out walking a couple time since my last post. It's turned cold again here so I'm back to being in the warm house, but just purchased an excersize DVD today so I'm hoping I can keep things moving by popping it in, even if I can't do it all, I can at least try to do what I can.

How are things??