What is your favorite WATP video?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • walking
    Quote: I use the 2 Mile and 3 Mile(with the balls) . I don't have the balls, I just use a set of 2# soft ankle weights and hold them instead. It works just fine. I really like WATP because I'm not very coordinated (Okay, I have 2 left feet!) and they are not too "dancy" for me. Plus, they are so easy to learn that you don't even really need to listen to Leslie's instructions after the first time. I just mute my DVD player and put on my own music to do the walk and that way I can get some variety every time.
    good idea thanks Jean
  • I had a couple strokes about 5 years ago (I was only 32) and my balance is not great and my left side is still not 100%. There is no way I can handle confusing aerobic routines at this point.

I was doing treadmill and stair machines at the gym. Cost :$35 bucks a month. I was lucky to make 3 days a week.
    I bought the WATP DVD set with all three, 1,2,3 mile walks. No weights. Cost: $16.99 at BJ's.
    I did the one mile every day except weekends. Did this for a month. I've moved up to the 2 mile. Been doing that for about a month now also. I still have not used weights but I will soon. I would rather get get a good brisk 2 mile walk in every day then anything I could do at the gym possibly 3 days a week.
    If you are someone who thinks they have no time to work out, try the 1 mile every day for a month. Soon you will want to do more! And it might not seem like a lot but one mile a day is better then nothing.

Plus I have lost inches! My pants are a lot looser.
  • I have the WATPExpress 1 mile or the 2 mile on DVD. I love it and I use handweights instead of the stretch
  • It would be hard for me to pick one of Leslie's workouts but I would say I love her first series the WATP with the weighted balls. These really are fun and seem to fly by. I also like her Express series as well. These are the only workouts that I've stuck with. Everything else I end up getting bored with it and it collects dust. I'm not sure why I like Leslie's workouts so much but all I know is that I do them and that's a good thing !
  • I had the set with the ab belt, but I didn't really like it because it kept coming apart, or it would ride up to my ribs. Also there is the self esteem factor of having the belt tied on the outside of a loose t-shirt - I resembled a sweaty hefty bag. I recently bought the 4 mile Express video and I LOVE IT. It's just what I need for a solid workout. I'm going to buy ankle weights soon to add on to it. I was walking 4 miles in 75 minutes on the treadmill before I did this, and this 60 minute video was a little easier than that.

I highly recommend WATP videos for anybody, she has something for almost any fitness level.
  • I have almost all of Leslie's videos and I'd say that your best bet is the Walk Away the Pounds for Abs. I do really like the original WATP with the weighted balls, but I think the Abs set is more strenous. Have fun!