Dry lips

• Ever since I've started Atkins my lips seem to get really dry. I've been drinking the required amount of water and not sure if I could swallow more! Anyone have any ideas why they'd get dry? (my face is always dry so I can't tell if it's more dry now or not).
  • When did you start? My lips are always very dry and even chapped in the winter. I use chap-stick or Vaseline on them all the time.
  • I started atkins on 1/3--is that what you meant? Or did you mean the dry lips? That I noticed happening last week. They're normally not this bad in the winter. Maybe a coincidence?
  • Probably a coincidence. It could, I suppose, be a combination of winter and losing water since you're just starting Atkins. I get really dried out in the winter and rely on lots of oils and moisturizers for my skin and tinted Blistex for my lips.
  • ok thanks. I'll just continue w/my carmex and be on my way. lol
  • AH-HA!!! Carmex will do it to you! Medicated lip balms are notorious for making chapped lips worse. I'm trying to remember exactly why that is..... I do know that when I use carmex or something like it, that when I stop, my lips get much worse!
  • looks like i'm going to need to put blisyex on my shopping list.lol