Just started Atkins Induction..first day

• Hi all,

I'm Mee,

I have gained about 40 pounds..I had kept my weight off for about 6 years..up 15 down 15..but never have I gained this much weight..I changed my eating habits ..started eating low calorie bread..pasta again..carbs again..I thought I could eat them again with out gaining weight..for some reason I seem to be alergic to carbs ..I gain weight really fast..I could gain 4 pounds in a day..believe it or not......for years I would eat anything I wanted except for pasta and starchy carbs and sugar....I wasn't on a strict Atkins diet just low carbs..now look at me ..I had to get sick and tired of being sick and tired.

This is my first day getting off of carbs..for I am a carbohydrate junky..the more I eat the more I want....Id love to get feed back from any one who identfies with me.
  • Hi Mee. Would you like me to move this post into the Atkins Forum of Low Carb Lifestyles? Or do you want to stay here with the rest of the UK chickies?
  • Hi Mee,

I identify with you totally - bread, potato and pasta really do it for me and i feel so much better since kicking them into touch - have been low carbing for a couple of weeks and am so much more alert etc. I am sort of following atkins but i do allow myself more fruit and veg as i have found out that i can cope with it. I had bread the other day and it totally knocked me out for the rest of the day, not to mention the weight gain.

Tracy
  • Me too I only have to look sidways at a carb and it hits the hips, was on a permanent low fat diet followed it to the letter and used xenical and the weight piled on the GP was not happy with me said i must be cheating.

Been back on Atkins for a week and lost 10 Lbs think I have gone through withdrawl slept th other night for 12 hours straight and i normaly only have 4-5 hours sleep a night.

Problem is I could not get to sleep last night I was still awake at 04.00 managed to drop off untill about 8 am so I'm shot now.

Stick in it as I was on Atkins previously and lost 5 stone befor hitting a stall.

Came off it and rocketed up 50 Lb so looking forward to another drop this time i am going Carbless as much as possible