Trying to get healthy in Canada

You're on Page 6 of 29
Go to
  • hi everyone. cathy a panzorotti is a pizza sandwich. have fun tonight.
    trixi: the devil was at my place last night also. i lost 1.4 today. i've put the stew together and cooking later.
    zane post the soup reciepe please.
    glen
  • Sounds like the DEVIL was everywhere yesterday LOL!
    Hi Everyone!

Well, my eating got better last night. I had a bowlful of veggies for a snack instead of chips. Eating has been good today, so far. Probably I haven't eaten enough, but I'm taking it easy. My stomach had an episode with not liking a vitamin I fed it.

GLEN-- WAY TO GO WITH THE LOSS!! I'll have to try to figure out that recipe. I can't remember where I got it from, but it was actually sounding yummy when I was typing yesterday. I'll make me up some in the next couple of days and write down what I throw in. I tend to cook by eye and my friends hate that--especially when they want the "recipe" for stuff I make. I'll try to be specific with measurements for you.

CAT--the donuts are all gone now. DH and DS helped me finish them off!

TRIXI--I loved your Devil story! Next time don't be so polite by asking her to "please" leave. Tell her to go straight back home to...well you know where.

I've got to go get dinner started. Bye y'all!
  • Gee....I fell soooo bad. I really need to remember this horrible stomach ache when I think I want to cheat again. I can't keep anything down...Didn.t get much done today..alittle cleaning , shopping at about five different places, I took my vitamins but I think they added to my nausuea.

Zanne I did go by blockbluster and they had "Walk Aaway the Pounds" I bought the one with the 1 mile and 2 miles workout. I watched it and think that its going to be perfect for me...thanks for the tip again! I am going to try it tomorrow.

Hope you all have a great night. I am going to veg on the couch and watch movies. It was hubby's turn to pick so I will probably sleep right through them Night all
  • trixi hope you are feeling better. i had the stew last night. the reciepe is easy: 1 lb stewing beef, 20 oz v8 or tomato juice, any veggies you like, 1 tbsp corn starch. put in a cassaroll dish and cook at 325 for 3 hours.
    glen
  • I am baaaack
    Hi everyone.

Sorry I have been MIA. Between computer problems, car problems, working and the house I haven't had a minute to get in here.

Great too see you all doing good. I have switched to slim milk as another way to cut out some fat and cals....but yuck....my tea still looked black I think I might have to go up a notch to 1%.

Just came back from a 40 min walk.....whew....it is cold. My forehead was freezing....this is one way I act like a kid....I will not wear a hat so it is my own fault but what a beautiful sunny day.

Zanne: Sorry I haven't responded to your email, I have had problems with that account so I think I might have to do another email address. How is Kinetex going???

Have any of you been following the taking it off series on the Lifenetwork, last week was the first weight in. Zanne, one of the girls is doing Kinetex, she lost a pound .

Well better go as usual daughter has a game so gotta get motivated.

Have a super day everyone.
  • HOCKEYCHIC--Good to see you. Glad it's only been technical difficulties that have kept you away. Good for you for braving the cold and going for a walk! I'm still trying to figure out those darned k-counts, but I should have meals planned for a week and I plan on starting Kinetix tomorrow. When is the Lefenetwork show on?

HEFTY--Your stew sounds good. Kind of similar to the soup recipe I have to figure out for you.

TRIXI--I hope you like the WATP program. It is easy to follow--not too "dance" oriented like some aerobics tapes. I can actually do this one without getting my feet muddled up!

My eating has been good so far. But like usual, I put off eating for too long. I actually know I have to eat when I get light headed--means my blood sugar has dropped too low.

Gotta go get DS ready for a party.
  • Morning Everyone

Trixi, overindulged in the wine did we? hope you feel better in the morning

Hockychic, i saw a lot of the last series i liked Kathy she was funny i did'nt know there was another one on..i will check that out. It used to be on on Monday nights and repeated on Sunday morning but i've just looked and there is no listing so maybe its not being shown here.

Glen, Well Done with the weightloss that stew sounds good

BTW, that evil soul did'nt catch me I was an
  • Well I was good yesterday but felt really sick. Today I was much better I even did the walking dvd...just the one mile today but it was easy so in the morning before work I am going to do the 2 mile one. I felt really good afterwards. Today I spent alot of time cleaning and doing laundry.

Cat....You are an angel!! and I am going to be one for the next long while. I want to really remember how bad I felt for falling off the plan. I had a great time that night but yesterday was a killer.

Tomorow is supposed to be my weigh in but I keep thinking that if it doesn't show any loss I might lose my motivation so I am diliberating on wating until next monday...two weeks into the plan mnus one day should show a loss even if its a small one right? I don't know, I guess I wll decide in the morning

Hope you all had a great weekend and hocychic it's great to see you back!!!

Trixi
  • I'm walking on Sunshine, even if it's not out!
    I am SOOOOOO EXCITED! I just got off the scale and I've lost 5 lbs!!!!!!! I don't remember exactly when I last weighed, but it must have been about a week ago when I had to get new pants because I couldn't fit into the ones I had (good thing I didn't spend too much on the new ones and I know how to alter them )

I'm very surprised by the big loss. I'm usually a very slow loser due to other medical inconveniences. But hey, I'll take the loss!

So I guess the donuts didn't do any long term damage! I have been eating pretty good the past couple of days. I had 2 grapefruits for a snack last night I've been drinking lots of water. Now I've just got to get the exercise going and continue eating well. I might just fit into my party clothes for the Valentine dance in 3 weeks!

TRIXI--Glad you like the WATP DVD's.

CAT--Glad the didn't catch you. Keep being good!

Gotta go get DS ready for school. Have a GREAT day everyone!

P.S. I'm gonna have to change my sig!
  • Zanne, That's Wonderful!!!!! You must feel really great. I too but the bullet and weighed myself this morning. I have lost 6 lbs this weeks!!!!!! Yay us!!!!

I feel better now that I weighed in and am still motivated to continue. I stared at the scale for about 5 minutes beofre I got the nerve to get on it.

I hope everyone has a fabulous day!!!! Post more later.

trixi
  • Hey Everyone,

Cat90 - Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad to hear that someone else had some wobbles at christmas. I put on 5lbs over christmas, which isn't too bad. But I have lost 3lbs this week so I'm slowly getting back on track. Good luck this week.

Zanne - Thanks for the idea about the club soda with lime, I've never had this before but it seems like it could easily pass for an alcoholic beverage. I know this strict regime is only temporary so I have no problem giving up some stuff for a while for the benefit of my health. Plus, I too have felt the wrath of the Krispy Kreme donut, those little buggers are so good and they go down so easily. I've been there to so I wouldn't stress about it too much. Thanks again.

Trixi - I definitely still need the motivation of hearing from all of you. I seem to be in the "I'm half way there stage" and I need a little extra push to finish this challenge. Lucky for me I have a super supportive roomate who eats the type of meals I make just to help me and to create a healthy way of eating for herself even though she doesn't need to lose weight. Thanks for your thoughts, good luck with this week.
  • Woa Girls whats with the weightloss? Susanne 5lbs! Trixi 6lbs!! and Helpneeded 3lbs!!! WTG CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THREE OF YOU
    Now just what the heck are you doing to lose like that? Well, i know what Trixi is doing so what about you Susanne? and you HelpNeeded? I would really like to know because i'm counting cals and fat grams and i exercise EVERY DAY but i'm not losing like that spill the beans buddies

Hmmm i've just looked at my journal and its only Day 8 on program for me so its early days yet..i guess i'll just have to be patient
  • wtg zane and trixt on the loss. i hate this snow. i had lunch at my parents yesterday. mom served ham and meatballs with rice. i had too many nuts and bolts.
    glen
  • Oh Glen never mind it could have been worse that Nuts n' Bolts
  • I am sure thats a free card when you have to eat at your parents!!!! Can;t be rude can you? You'll do better for the rest of the week glen...I have faith in you!

Cat your turn is coming too. Didn't you post a loss last week? It all comes around. I wonder how MeRoMo is doing? Besides you are head of us on the scale and we want to catch up!!!!

HelpNeeded we are all here for each other than. You have the right way of thinking that its not forever and this is the hard part. Once we are in the maintaining portion of our diets we can eat some of what we have been missing. Imagine how great it will tatse, especially when we know that we can have it without feeling guilty. I am hoping that once I am there I will know that I can only indulge once in awhile and eating healthy is a lifetime choice (with a few treats in between!!!)

Zanne, We are exactly even on the scale....lets keep it that way and having it get smaller and smaller. We can evenutally shop for jeans together and borrow each others

Hope you all have a great evening!!!