Trying to get healthy in Canada

You're on Page 12 of 29
Go to
  • Hi Girls and Glen

Hi Diana so you've found your way over here too?

Hi Northernclipper

I'm off to England tomorrow so i'll be missing for a couple of weeks take care and i'll 'see' you when i get back
  • Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, Cathy, I found my way here too. Have a great trip! The name was what attracted me. I know I can find some other people here who think our country is a political mess Sorry, I can just hear the news on the TV now and it makes me want to get sick

M. I've been good with my points 2 days in a row now what a record!

Trixi, hope your mood improves and you have a good day tomorrow, that cold will be gone soon. Yes, spring will be a welcome change What kind of soup did you have tonight? I like soup but could never be bothered to make it

Goodnight, Diana
  • G'Morning all.

So according to the scale at my WW meeting I went up a pound! But on my scale at home I'm down two, and I'm always heavier on the scale at home! How depressing is that! I went into the meeting thinking that I did pretty good Maybe I need to get a new scale.

M.
  • I am still here
    Hi everyone... I am still among the living.

How have you all been, I am trying to catch up on the posts.

Well I am doing good, not great in at 177 this morning. I joined PACE last night, kinda like curves. Did my first workout today. How are the exercise challengers doing I am still doing great.

I will catch up on all the posts today....ooppss gotta change my stats ....yaaaa I love doing that only as long as it goes down.....lol

Have a super day everyone
  • welcome back hockeychic
    cathy are taking a large suitcase with me in in it?
    glen
  • MeRoMo: remember it depends on your time of the month and maybe it just wasn't your day. Could be tomorrow if you went in you could be down a pound or two....just keep at it. I wish I had as much motivation as you. With this cold I can't seem to get anything done. I got sent home today (which if you knew my bosses, never happens!) cause I was in the middle of a meeting and had to leave cause I was choking all the flem, sorry I know thats gross is finally leaving my body and I had to run to my office and have a meeting with my trash can...oops...oh yeah that happened twice. I am feeling better just trying to get all the bad stuff out and it doesn't sound pretty when your trying to convince a client they are in good hands and you almost die in front of them anyway...its about eight and I am ready for the couch and then bed.

Hockeychic its great to see you back!!!! hope the work outs go well and your not to sore tomorrow.

DewCan: thanks for the warm thoughts! I too am sooo sick of politics...sponsorship smonshorship! and the news lately is just depressing....If I didnt have breakfast television to cheer me up in between the newcasts I wouldn't even listen (has anyone noticed how funny Kevin Frankish since Anne Romer (sp) left and now that Liza joined?

Glen I hope both you and Cat have a great trip in her suitcase.

well I am pooped I gotta go now... nighty night

Trixi
  • Hi Gang!
    Well, I think it's been a while since I was here. I've gotten really into my program this week. I was re-motivated after seeing my friend on Saturday. She's lost 85lbs and has gone from a size 20 to a size 10! she looks HOT! I am so very proud of her for getting healthy and losing weight. I actually started crying I was so happy for her.

So I figured that if she could lose 5 sizes, then even with my health impedements, I could lose 2 sizes! I'm really getting into the exercising and I'm actually starting to get into the eating part of the program. But even tho I'm not following the eating part perfectly, I AM choosing much healthier things to eat. In fact, I just finished eating 2 grapefruits for a snack! I think now that I've got the exercising down pretty good (I will be moving up to higher weights for some moves ), I can start to focus more on the eating.

I did my measurements on Friday and I've lost a few inches in the past few weeks. One HUGE surprise was my hip measurement. No matter what I've been doing over the past couple years, the hip measurement NEVER changed. Every other measurement would change, but NOT the hips. Well, on Friday, the tape measure said one inch LESS. I had to measure 3 times to make sure! So I must be doing something right.

DH and I are thinking of entering the Mississauga Marathon (for those of you who don't know--Mississauga is just outside Toronto) to do the Half Marathon. I know I won't be able to jog all of it, but I am a pretty good walker and I think I can finish it in a half decent time. How's THAT for ambitious???

I weighed in at 168 this morning. I'm not sure, but I might have to change my sig line. I'm just happy to be staying in the 160's and not creeping back into the 170's.

TRIXI--I'm sorry to hear you are so sick. You have to take it easy and take care of yourself. Can you stay home for one day and just sleep? Take some nyquil or something to help put you out and just rest!

HEFTY--I think CAT should take lots of lugguge and put ALL of us in it!

CAT--have a good, safe trip!

HOCKEYCHIC--I've never heard of PACE. What did you think of it? Are you sore yet?

MeRoMo--We have to try to NOT let the scale run our life. Scale weight can fluctuate for a number of reasons. I can change the weight on my scale just by standing in a different place on it, or by leaning over more than usual. Are you taking measurements? sometimes that is much better. My weight has been hovering around 168/169 for a few weeks, BUT my hip measurement has decreased by a whole inch! I've lost 1/2-1 inch in other areas too.

DEWCAN and NORTHERN CLIPPER--WELCOME!

Ok, time for a couple of Brit-Coms before bed

Nighty Nite All!
  • M. numbers can be such a mystery and such a discouragement. Don't let it get you down though.

Trixi, I hope that gross cold goes away super fast for you

Zanne, the measurement must be such an encouragement, keep it up. That is wonderful for your friend, she must have worked really hard to get results like that. And a marathon, that is really ambitious, keep training and you'll do super And thanks for the welcome

Glen, I think we all need a vacation !!!

Goodnight, Diana
  • Hello everyone!

We woke up to a five foot snow drift and the end of the driveway this morning and I got a call from my boss telling me to stay home!!! How exciting is that!!

I'm feeling pretty good today, I tried to get out and shovel but I can't get off my deck!

Fun stuff!

M.
  • M. I saw pictures of the storm in the news, impressive. Woohoo, a day off, take it anyway it comes
    I am down half a pound this week. Better than nothing, hopefully next week wil be better
  • February 19, 2004 - Pictures
    Ok, so I tried posting pictures of the storm today, but it wouldn't work so I put them onto a webpage the link below is where to go

**See the next link I added, this one just stopped working!**

http://photos.yahoo.com/mrmcj03
  • Day 2
    I took this picture this morning from the front window b/c I still can't get the door open to get outside I'm going nuts! I need to get out!!

• Oh My!
    MeRoMo--WOW! This is a LOT of snow. The storm you got was the opening story on our news last night. Maybe you can climb out of a window and fall into a snowdrift to get outside Hmmm, on second thought, you may get lost in the snowdrift.

Hope you're able to get outside soon. Keep warm. At least you still have your internet working to keep you busy.
  • Ok, so I have NOTHING to do today but frig around on the internet I tried going outside (through the window) but its just WAY to hard to walk in snow that is up to your waist! (at least I got in a pretty good workout!) so I made a photo album with the pictures I took last night and today.

http://photos.yahoo.com/mrmcj03

As you can probably guess after looking at the pics from today I got another call this morning telling me to stay home. The highways are still not cleared yet so even if I wanted to I couldn't get to work, and with the way the road is now I'd be suprised if I got in on Monday either (not that I am complaining tho!!

It feels like it should be 5:00 by now! I am so bored!!!! I guess I'm going to watch some daytime talkshows now Maybe if I can get some snowshoes I can get out for a walk

Cheers,

M.
  • Two hours of shoveling in and we hardly made a dent! This is so depressing