Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #20

You're on Page 7 of 24
Go to
  • Jo, could you have diabetic hot chocolate or sugar free or something? If you can't find it, I probably can (the sugar and carb free craze is HUGE here) and I'd be more than happy to send you some!

Brandy
  • Hi Girls,

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY ... Anyone doing anything special with your loved one????

Can't believe that the weekend is here again already! This past week has flown by for me ... it was a bad week so I'm grateful that it's over with!! Nothing much to report ... stayed the same this week weight-wise which was very surprising considering the kind of week that I've had ... TOM and all the bad choices to go with it!! I went to do my weekly shop yesterday and made sure that I only put healthy stuff in the trolley ... along with this months copy of a slimming magazine ... I need some motivation!!

Hope next week is better than last week!! Have a great weekend everyone

Nichola
  • Hi guys! Happy Valentine's Day. I just got a notification from 3FC re this forum. What's up with that?

I'm ok. I've been exercising every day. Walking, that is. The weather has been milder so I was able to peak my nose out the door and then get out.

Well got to run off! Hope everyone is well.

Take care and stay well,
    Raff
  • Hi guys! Hope everyone had a great V-Day weekend!

Raff, you go on what walking thing! I need to get myself in gear! It's funny how sometimes, it seems like I can at least do WATP tapes five days a week for weeks on end, and other times I just can't get going. Guess which phase I'm in now?

Nichola, hope you're off to a great new start!

Brandy
  • Hi Girls,

Hope you all had a great weekend ... where is everyone???

Brandy, I'm inclined to agree with you ... I just can't seem to get myself going as far as exercise is concerned ... perhaps we both need to take lessons from Raff! If I could just motivate myself to take the dog for a 30mins walk each day ... but do I? ... No, it's just a quick whizz outside to do what she's gotta do and the longer walks are left up to hubby!! Problem is, I feel so tired when I get home from work and just want to collapse on the sofa with a coffee and a magazine!! Hubby keeps telling me I'd feel much better if I did more exercise (I now it's true!) ... but it's just getting the motivation to do it that's the problem!!

On a more positive note, I've managed to muster up some motivation as far as getting back on track is concerned. I spent the weekend browsing slimming magazines ... which all kept reminding me that summer is around the corner!! The weather has changed in HK over the past few days ... the sun is shining, the sky is blue and it's about 20'c ... beautiful! It certainly makes me feel happier and more determined to do something about my weight problem. I don't want to go through another hot, humid, sticky summer in Hong Kong feeling the way I've felt before. If I'm going to do something about it, I've got to make a start now, or it really will be too late, and I'll be feeling miserable and uncomfortable all summer ... yet again!!

If anyone can send any motivation my way regarding exercise, please do!!

Nichola
  • Summer...summer? I know I've heard of it, but I can't quite remember what it is...I'll have to Google it.

It's like 21F here today or something. It's cold INSIDE.

I know I should type something about dieting now, but it's just too cold. I can't think.

Brandy
  • Hi All! It snowed for about 60 seconds just now. The snowflakes were so tiny that they melted before hitting the ground. No one told me we were excepting snow so I checked weather.com and sure as s*hit we are getting snow tomorrow. Maybe what I saw today was a little preview of what is to come.

I exercised again today - thank God. Have to do it while I have the incentive. Nothing major, just put on some dance mixes and shook my groove thing for 25 minutes. Not a pretty sight!

Well hope everyone is doing well. Maybe we can set some short goals for the spring or summer? Anyone interested? Let me know.

Take care,
    Raff
  • Hi all...

Well, what a crazy, oh, 10 days it has been. Shortly after I posted about the Masked Ball, my back went into spasm and I spent the evening flat on my back in bed. Went to the hospital then next day (had to CRAWL down the sidewalk and over the snowbank to get to the car..OMG) They gave me muscle relaxants and pain killers, plus a shot of Morphine and Valium and sent me home. The next day dh and I decided that I needed someone to help take care of DS as I wasn't able and dh had to work, so we made a speedy and painful trip 3hours to my mom's. I went to the Dr. again on Tuesday and she gave me some anti inflamitories and Tylenol 3s. That worked much better for me, and by thursday I could walk for short periods on my own. I had a massage to loosen the muscles and now I'm back at home and relatively upright. I have to work tonight, so I hope all will be well.

So I have no details on the ball as I didn't go. How much does that suck? I paid $100 bucks to go too, with, of course, no refund. Oh well.

Lorraine
  • Lorraine, so sorry to hear about your back problems, I thought it was strange that you hadn't replied to our questions re the masked ball ... take care at work and don't overdo it!

Raff & Brandy, I don't envy you both with the cold weather and snow ... now what's that? ... I'll try to send you a bit of Hong Kong weather in a day or two Wonder why it is that people never feel like 'dieting' when the weather's cold ... after all, we've got the SUMMER just around the corner!!!!

Raff, well done on the dance exercise! I'm definitely up for setting some weight loss goals for spring/summer. How about losing so many pounds by Easter for starters, Good Friday 9th April. That's just 7 weeks away. We could each state how many pounds we would realistically like to lose by then and post our results each week. Then, when we reach that goal (which of course we will!), we can extend the date and so on. Anyone else interested? ... The more the merrier!

Nichola
  • I see 7 pounds in 7 weeks for me.
  • Lorraine - Hope you are feeling better!

Since I am onto this maintaining kick (b/c I don't think I can lose without toning or upping the exercise at this point) can I join, but with an exercise (as opposed to lbs) goal?

I'm thinking 100 sit-ups 5 days a week....and I do weeks Mon through Sunday.

So that's my goal! And I'm gonna do week by week counts on my signature to keep it up....Let's all try and monitor this so we can get motivated with our progress! Good thinking, Nichola! I'm in!

-Mari

P.S. I needed a jump start, so this rocks!
  • This is so much fun! Almost as much as the Sex & The City wagers I've been placing. Ok, here's mine: by Sunday, March 27 I want to be 10lbs lighter.
    I think that's a good goal.

Lorraine - hope you're feeling better.

Nichola - We didn't get any snow. It passed us by. It was sunny and mild today. Go figure.

Mari - Good to see you're on the exercise wagon also. I didn't exercise today because I had a long day sitting my friend's baby. Tomorrow morning I'll dancerise for 30 min and then maybe walk the dog later.

Brandy, Jo and everyone else - hope you are doing well.

Take care,
    Raff
  • Ok girls, looks like we're going for it I'll be weighing-in tomorrow (Friday) and my goal is to lose 10lbs by 9th April (Good Friday) ... Let's call this our 'Easter Challenge' ... is that ok with everyone? Good luck to us all! ... We can do it!!

Mari, I think this is the jump start that I needed too. ... at least I hope it is!!

Raff, glad you didn't get the snow ... didn't I tell you that I'd be sending some Hong Kong weather your way?

Nichola
  • Oh Nichola! You are so daring to put the weekly stats on your signature. I should be as good as you.
  • Sheesh.....I wondered why it'd gone quiet....no notifications...and here I am and there's loads of posts.

Lorraine, sorry to hear about your back, try and take it easy.

Nichola, sounds fab, count me in for the challenge, I'll weigh in the morning, although it'll not be good, my TOM never turned up, so I'm mega bloated, and I know I've gained. I shall aim for 10lbs in the 7 weeks too.

Oooooh snow......am I the only one who loves snow and wishes I lived somewhere where there was lots???? A friend sent me photos of the view outside his house in Nova Scotia...I wanted to move there and then! We had about an eighth of an inch one day this winter, and that's it!

I finally saw the doc yesterday. I had to see the diabetes nurse so many times before they would let me see the doc (plus they had to get the tests done...the joys of a national health service). Apparently I have high cholesterol as well now, although it's a side effect of the diabetes. My meds weren't working as well as they should, so I'm on a higher dose, and have to take meds to lower my cholesterol too. I'll be rattling at this rate!!!!!!!

I am feeling better though, although seem to be permanently tired, but I'm struggling to play catch-up at uni, which isn't easy when my eyes are still a bit iffy.

I found an Atkins website in the UK and ordered some of the sugar free hot chocolate. It's a very funny colour but drinkable, and I think I could get used to it!

Anyway, my bed is calling me, I'll post my weight tomorrow.

Night all
    Jo