Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #20

You're on Page 10 of 24
Go to
  • Hi Raff! I know what you mean about ugly numbers. I think 147 just looks so much nicer than 247. Gee. Only 100 pounds to go. Is that all

Brandy
  • Does anyone have a link to Ali's site? I'm just wondering if she's updated or if her site partner has heard from her. I've changed computers since the last time she posted so I don't have it marked in my favorites anymore.

Also - Kelly and Danielle? Where are you guys?

Brandy
  • I have it somewhere, and I did check, but she's not added anything since May last year, or whenever it was she reached goal.

I even did a search for her user name on other sites, and came up blank.

Very worrying.
  • hello ladies!

Let's keep up the good work! I'm having problems doing my sit-ups in an orderly fashion, mostly because I'm tired after my evening runs. I really should just get up 5 min. earlier and do them in the mornings...I'll try it tomorrow.

I hear you about ugly numbers....but just focus and you gals will be there before you know it....just don't lose faith! It's so easy to feel down on numbers....but remember that numbers are numbers, and just think of all the effort you've put in!

I wanted to also let you guys know that I am running my first organized event on Sunday the 28th of this month. It's a 12K with a beautiful course that goes across the Golden Gate Bridge...I'm very excited! (and nervous! I hope I can hang!)

Have a wonderful weekend! I'm keeping my fingers crossed I don't encounter any junk food on my mini-trip this weekend!

Thank you always for your wonderful motivation and good vibes! They mean a lot to me.

-Mari
  • Mari, your running event - that's so exciting! You should post pics for us!

Jo, it worries me that Ali just disappeared. Hope everything is ok.

How are we all doing on our challenge?

B
  • Hi Girls,

How's everyone doing on the challenge? I'm pleased to say that I'm back down to 172.5lbs ... but seem to moving nowhere fast!!! Hoping to have a better week this week ... somehow don't think I'm going to reach my goal of 10lbs by Easter ... but I guess anythings better than nothing, right? Still, who knows, there's still 4 weeks to go so I suppose it's still possible if I set my mind to it!!

I've also been searching for Ali's site, but can't find it ... it really is weird that she just stopped posting, especially after she said she would still be around to help her maintain after reaching her goal ... I can't believe she just disappeard, hope everything's ok.

I'm feeling excited today ... going to see David Bowie in concert tonight ... it's his last gig of his world tour so should be pretty good!

Nichola
  • It is such a worry that she'd just disappear like that.

This is the website: http://www.angelfire.com/al3/hillaryandali/

I just don't know what to think.

I weighed myself this morning, with a loss of a big fat ZERO. Having said that, I'm not in the slightest bit surprised as I wasn't restrained this week.

Have a great time Nichola at the concert, I'm not a Bowie fan but I should imagine he's a top class performer.

Good luck to everyone this week.
    Love
    Jo
  • Jo, the concert was great. I'm not a big Bowie fan but Nick was into him in a big way years ago and really wanted to go and see him. I'm glad I went along too ... it was a first class act.

I checked out Ali's website and noticed that her email addy is on there ... has anyone tried to email her lately?

Hope everyone has a good week.

Nichola
  • I e-mailed her hotmail addy yesterday, from her artwork website (it doesn't look like anything has been done with that site either). Will have to wait and see if I get a reply.
  • So the search for Ali is still on. Hope we get (good) news of her soon!

I weighed in this morning - lost the two pounds I should have lost the week before and the one from last week so I'm only one pound behind where I should be - I should be able to catch up by the end!

Brandy
  • Brandy, well done on the loss ... you're 1 pound behind, but still ahead of me!!! ... let's hope we can both do some catching up

Nichola
  • Hi Guys! Just a short drop in. I'm dead tired and it's going to be a long week. DH is swamped at work, and is grumpy as all get out. Now I know how he must feel most of the time, as usually the tables are turned and I'm the grumpy one! Not much to report on the weight loss front except that I'm trying hard this week to stay OP. In fact, I'm going to bake my breakfast cookies for tomorrow morning right now. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Good for you Mari on the run! I need an "official" event like that to help me out. Need to get my back sorted out first.

Hi everyone else! Hope all is well!
    Lorraine
  • Lorraine, will need more details on this b'fast cookie!

Nichola, I'm sure we'll both catch up by the end.

And did you notice our smiley guys are wearing hats???
  • Recipe is at: http://www.pcgirl.net/recipes/archives/000729.html

I didn't use the vanilla, or the butter imitation stuff, and all turned out fine. Will try the banana nut next I think.

Lorraine (Happy St. Patrick's Day! )
  • Those sound great - thanks for the link.

Right now I have these friggin apple bananas (harry and david, some kind of hybrid - they look like bananas but are supposed to have an appley/spicy taste?) that just WILL NOT TURN YELLOW. I've had them for a week and they are as green as the day is long. The info that came with them says they should take "a few days" to turn. A few days, a few weeks. I guess it's all the same. Anyway, the point is, they sent a LOT of them and that site has a lot of good looking banana recipies!