Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 07:41 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #39

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #39

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

LBS DOWN FRIDAY : POST YOUR LBS LOST FOR THE WEEK ON FRIDAY AND I WILL COMPILE THEM AND POST THEM TOGETHER WITH OUR LBS DOWN
Old 11-16-2003, 07:49 AM   #2  

SILLY POLL SUNDAY!

You have lost all your weight, had an extreme makeover and one of the perks is an appearance on a talk/entertainment show. Which one would you choose to show off your new self?

Dr Phil Oprah Tonight Show David Letterman Montel Williams Sharon Osbourne Show Regis and Kelly Conan O'Brien Entertainment Tonight Wayne Brady Show

Rather than have them move the whole thread some time down the road, I decided just to start the new one here.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I will check back later for points! (I will post yours then Susan, I didn't forget you!)

Faye
Old 11-16-2003, 11:37 AM   #3  

Wink

GOOD MORNING LADIES....I GET ALL FOUR POINTS FOR YESTERDAY!!11...I am really pleased with this weight watchers program...it seems to be the most flexiable and most satisfying one that I have tried...I made the garden soup and it is very good and filling ...helps between meals....yesterday I really had a nice time ...me and my best friend ever went and had a nice starbucks cappicunno,then did a little shopping ,all by ourselves...then we took the kiddies to burger king to play and have lunch,and we had stopped and bought ourselves a garden salad and small chilli at wendy's...which is only 4 points on program....they had been skating all morning,as on Saturday's here they have a three hour session for the kids under 12...they do the hokey pokey,worm and the chicken dance..as to mention a few,and if you choose you can leave them and go run your errands or whatever...it only cost 3.50....it is so wonderful and the kids love it....so do the parents...last saturday we stayed and did the hokey pokey with them...they are very secure there too,as they only have one door to leave[which they are not allowed to ,parents have to come inside and pick them up]....I love it.....anyway after all that we came home for a little while ,then we went to my oldest daughter's house and played yatzee...we didnt get home until 1:00 am ...but we had lot's of fun.....even with all that ,I still stayed op and managed to get my walk in....I packed a cooler with yougurt and fruit and took with me to my daughter's house,as I knew they would have snacks that I didn't need....well,I hope everyone is having a greatday so far....and as far as the poll...the show that I would love to be on the most would have to be oprah...cause she is a woman that has been there ,done that,and in my opinion has helped more with the most heartfelt ....I love oprah and she would have to be the one.... well,I must go for now and accomplish some goals for today....will check in later...love and hugs to all....Joy stay strong
Old 11-16-2003, 02:05 PM   #4  

Good Afternoon ladies...

oh boy yesterday i weighed my self and saw 157.5 lbs, but then for some reason I just couldn't stop eating in the evening...my mom had made a "tamales" and I haven't had those in a long time...I only had too, but then she also made a dessert from El Salvador, and i had that too. But what I over did with was picking at the food while she was making it...you know the little taste testing and to make the story short today I stepped on the scale and BAM!!! 159.5lbs I am sooo mad at myself. I just pigged out and it was because I didn't plan my meals. I went out all day with Andrew and I walked downtown in the village for 3 hrs with him, but then we were a bit hungry and we stopped in MC Donalds. I had a McChicken and a soda...that alone musta been like 16 points, plus the tamales- 9pts, pls the dessert was like another 10 pts plus all the picking and the heavy dinner the night before....sigh.

I just need to get back on track this week. I been exercising a bit lately but not enough I think. Also I been on the borderline with the water...I need to to so this and not lose FOCUS.

Anyway sorry to ramble...just had to get that out of my system...this week I need to make a challenge for myself.

Please girls help me on this one. I want to exercise at least 5 out of 7 days. Drink lots of water and stay o/p all 7 days.

Today I will just drink a lot of water, I already had a brunch that should be enough for the day.

okay hope evryone is doing well. Oh and about the silly poll hmmm...Maybe oprah or montel williams.
Old 11-16-2003, 02:07 PM   #5  

Oh but I think I weigh in tomorrow I think I still did lose weight this week, but my body just hasn't digested everything yet, plus I do feel a it constipated...no excuse still!! I will kick a@@ this week or kick my own a@@ for it.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:00 PM   #6  
I Can and I Will

hello Beautifuls... we had a good day today... and we climbed the stairs last night... LMAO!!! We did the grocery shopping today. Then we went looking for a new bed... we found a very nice one and got a good deal too. Hope you are all having terrific days... i will check in later... got all 4 yesterday... love you all
Sandy
Old 11-16-2003, 09:59 PM   #7  

Hi Ladies, what a beautiful day!! I feel so good. I got all 4 points yesterday (figured all the times I went up and down the stairs to my apartment counted for something!!) I must have climbed the stupid things (literally not figuratively!!) at least 10 times. I was in and out all day. Today I got 2 points, too busy to exercise.

I was too busy because I met a pretty terrific guy today!! Had lunch, talked all afternoon till we got kicked out of the restaurant. We plan to begin seeing more of each other. Things may be looking up---got my financial stuff figured out, we're on a very tight budget but we'll make it, have a date, son is doing great (straight A report card!), have a bunch of great new friends here and I have lost 7 pounds since hooking up with ya'll. Can't ask for more than that!!

Silly poll--definately Oprah. She would do it right.
Have a wonderful evening, see ya'll tomorrow.
Judy
Old 11-17-2003, 12:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Hello All!

OK I been MIA for some time now but I have had a terribe sinus infection, which has been going on for 2 wks! Oh well, I know that I am almost over it, have went thru a backkset so I am hopeful that I am almost finish with thing.

OK poll, Wayne Brady. That man is sssssooooo funny. LMAOROFL! I figure if you are going to go on a talk show might as well have lots of laughs.

Catch everyone later,

sandy
Closed Thread