Split Pea Soup

• Just wondering if anyone has successfully added split pea soup (homemade)... to their WOE.
    I know split peas are listed on the phase one 'enjoy' list but coming from an Atkins background the carbs listed on the package freak me out!
    I am also trying to combine SBD with Suzanne Somer's food combining concept so I am trying to keep any carbs I DO eat away from my fat/protein... so I wouldn't add ham.
    SO, wondering if anyone thinks a split pea and Barley soup made with water/broth/spices will be ok...
    I am CRAVING thick creamy soups and this is all I can think of.
    Thanks!!!
    Amy
  • Peas, yes. Barley, no until Phase II. I'd try making it with the peas, savory, celery, some red pepper and perhaps some non-meat product like soy ham. (I'm assuming you are on Phase I.)
    Remember you can thicken soups with finely chopped mushrooms, egg yolk or even with ff shredded cheese.
  • Yummy, sounds good. I just LOVE split pea soup!! I wasn't sure about the peas. I might have to take a SBD refresher course Thanks for the tastey reminder!
  • They suddenly appeared in Phase 1 of the latest SBD Book, Sflake. I had to check too!
  • what about lima beans...I have a family recipe for lima bean soup that is outta site and very easily could be OP
  • Thanks Ruth, thought I was losin it
  • Sflake, you lost it long ago! ROFLOLPIMP!