5 days & counting time off

• Well here it is, only 5 days away, to surgery. Work has kept me so busy I don't have time to get nervous. I don't know if that is good or bad. I'm to tired when I get home.

I seem to be comfortable with it, only restriction is no food after midnight the night before surgery, so I have had that last snickers a few times already. No snickers in my future, I know!!!

I did find out that my kids really do love me, as two of them are taking time off work to be with me during recovery.

I've been thinking about that time off work, seems I have a little over 300 hours of ETO. I did think about going back to work at 3 weeks if possible... Then I thought again, about going back into the kitchen ( I manage a Dietary department) Thought it may be jumping back into the fire, just a little soon. So then I counted out the 6 weeks, and that would be returning Christmas Week... Ugh, Maybe I'll take off 7 weeks, and stay home, shop, decorate, and get ready for Christmas.
  • Good luck tomorrow! We'll be thinking of you
  • my goodness... how time has flown!!!!

and my vote: take every single day that you can!!! you'll be tired for awhile. and christmas is such a busy time. make sure you rest!!!!

good luck!!! keep us posted!!!
  • Good vibes heading your way!
  • So, how did it go? Anyone heard?