Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 11/3-11/9

You're on Page 10 of 12
Go to
View Poll Results: So, Halloween is over, how well did you do on your prediction?
I did exactly as I said, just one piece!
4.17%
I did exactly as I said, not one piece!
37.50%
I did exactly as I said, just had a piece of SB Legal Chocolate!
4.17%
I did exactly what I said that night, there after, it's a different story!
4.17%
I failed, but not too bad!
16.67%
I failed, and miserably at that!
4.17%
You mean Halloween is over? I'm still celebrating!
0%
I plead the Fifth. I'm not saying anything to incriminate myself!
8.33%
You better hitch the wagon and come get me-it's bad!
4.17%
Other (care to explain?)
16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll
  • AFTERNOON FROM THE SW SIDE OF FLA!!!

Still can't get the problem worked out with the new system to give us more work...I only had 5 accounts today....our boss said to just wait until the initial newness is over with (they are running a help desk 24hrs a day for the first two weeks) then she will be back and we will sit down and work on it. My fear is that when we do get the bug figured out, we will be hit with a massive amount or accounts that have just been hanging out there! OH WELL....IT'S TGIF!!!

OK...this is a total DRIVE THRU...I'm off to fix supper, but wanted to give you the MOVIE PICKS for the weekend

FINDING NEMO
    LEGALLY BLONDE 2
    DIRTY DEEDS
    DEBUT
    FRIENDS AND FAMILY

There you have it...I'll be back later to catch up on the posts!

BOB
  • FRIDAY FUNNY

There were three priests, a young one, a middle-aged one and an old one, who were taking a train to Pittsburgh. At the station they sent the young priest up to the counter to get their tickets. The ticket girl was a young beauty who was VERY well endowed and wore a VERY low-cut shirt. The young priest looked her in the eye and said, "I'd like three pickets to t*tsburgh."

Mortified, he turned and ran back to the other two priests. After telling them about his blunder the middle-aged priest agreed to go purchase the tickets. He walked up to the young beauty and trying not to notice her "assetts" he looked her in the eye and said, "I'd like three tickets to Pittsburgh and I'd like my change in nipples and dimes."

Just as mortified as the young priest, he ran back to the others incrediably embarassed about what he had done. The stern older priest decided that this was rediculous and that he would go purchase the tickets. He walked up to the young girl, looked her in the eye and said sternly "I'd like three tickets to Pittsburgh, I'd like my change in nickles and dimes, and young lady, you should be ashamed at yourself! I bet right now St. finger's got his Peter pointed right at you!!!"
  • Women and public toilets

This is funny but the sad part is that it has probably happened to all of us sometime along the way...

My mother was a fanatic about public toilets. As a little girl, she'd bring me in the stall, teach me to wad up toilet paper and wipe the seat. Then, she'd carefully lay strips of toilet paper to cover the seat.

Finally, she'd instruct, "Never, never sit on a public toilet seat."

And she'd demonstrate "The Stance," which consisted of balancing over the toilet in a sitting position without actually letting any of your flesh make contact with the toilet seat.

But by this time, I'd have wet down my leg. And we'd go home.

That was a long time ago.

Even now in our more mature years, The Stance is excruciatingly difficult to maintain when one's bladder is especially full.

When you have to "go" in a public bathroom, you find a line of women that makes you think there's a half-price sale on Mel Gibson's underwear in there.

So, you wait and smile politely at all the other ladies, also crossing their legs and smiling politely. And you finally get closer. You check for feet under the stall doors. Every one is occupied.

Finally, a stall door opens and you dash, nearly knocking down the woman leaving the stall. You get in to find the door won't latch. It doesn't matter.

You hang your purse on the door hook, yank down your pants and assume "The Stance." Relief. More relief.

Then your thighs begin to shake. You'd love to sit down but you certainly hadn't taken time to wipe the seat or lay toilet paper on it, so you hold The Stance as your thighs experience a quake that would register an eight on the Richter scale.

To take your mind off it, you reach for the toilet paper.

The toilet paper dispenser is empty. Your thighs shake more. You remember the tiny tissue that you blew your nose on-that's in your purse. It would have to do. You crumble it in the puffiest way possible. It is still smaller than your thumbnail.

Someone pushes open your stall door because the latch doesn't work and your purse whams you in the head. Occupied!" you scream as you reach out for the door, dropping your tissue in a puddle and falling backward, directly onto the toilet seat.

You get up quickly, but it's too late. Your bare bottom has made contact with all the germs and life forms on the bare seat because YOU never laid down toilet paper, not that there was any, even if you had enough time to.

And your mother would be utterly ashamed of you if she knew, because her bare bottom never touched a public toilet seat because, frankly, "You don't know what kind of diseases you could get.

"And by this time, the automatic sensor on the back of the toilet is so confused that it flushes, sending up a stream of water akin to a fountain and then it suddenly sucks everything down with such force that you grab onto the toilet paper dispenser for fear of being dragged to China.

At that point, you give up. You're soaked by the splashing water. You're exhausted. You try to wipe with a Chicklet wrapper you found in your pocket, then slink out inconspicuously to the sinks.

You can't figure out how to operate the sinks with the automatic sensors, so you wipe your hands with spit and a dry paper towel and walk past a line of women, still waiting, cross-legged and unable to smile politely at this point.

One kind soul at the very end of the line points out that you are trailing a piece of toilet paper on your shoe as long as the Mississippi River!

You yank the paper from your shoe, plunk it in the woman's hand and say warmly, "Here. You might need this.

"At this time, you see your spouse, who has entered, used and exited his bathroom and read a copy of War and Peace while waiting for you.

"What took you so long?" he asks, annoyed.

This is when you kick him sharply in the shin and go home.

This is dedicated to all women everywhere who have ever had to deal with a public toilet.

And it finally explains to all you men what takes us so long.
  • woodfrogs
    Wow a wedding Halloween night? What were the colors?
    Are you talking about going up to Lake George NY? been there one summer. It's nice.

Deb your son might be a nerd, but he's a handsome one! LOL Love his guitar strap! Me and DD are always goofing on each other, she say's I'm a computer nerd and I say she's the band nerd. Sings in the jazz band.
    We loved you girls only guys, still drooling!

Chris
    I always gain 5 to 6 pounds of water with TOM, goes away day after TOM.

jackieO
    How nice what the dressmaker said! Think of what she said to you this weekend if you get tempted!

mom2jared
    Fruit is natural sugar so it's ok. Just stay away from watermelon, pineapple and bananas.
    Never take advice from somone who won't follow their own LOL!
  • BIO
    For the last hour or so, I have been checking out all the links Debbie provided on the Information page. It is nice to put faces to the names. I have also filled up my bio and did attach a link to my dd's webpage. I did that webpage so my family in Malaysia can follow her progress from time to time. The only pic of me (with dd) is in "More pics" which was taken in summer this year. I was weighing about 128lbs I think. Hopefully soon, I will have more up to date pics.

Nice "seeing" all of you.

Julia
  • Here is my Hippy Halloween pic..it shows up all washed out, though. My shirt was brighter than that, and I have braids in my hair and PEACE painted on my headband.
  • Here's Boogie in orange..
  • Ashley as a witch(tooth blacked out)..
  • Boogie(trying to be a scary skeleton) and Ashley
  • LAST ONE!! Ashley posing...
  • Is it just my computer? Those showed up really horrible on mine. They're so blurry you can't make out facial features. Sorry, I tried.
  • Heartmom :
    Great pics! You looked great! I also checked out your online website and read about Boogie. You are so right, he is so full of life and handsome too How old is Ashley? Is your phone ringing off the hook yet?
  • Hi gals/guys:

Everyone is in bed and I am up and should be in bed. What a day I had. Delaney fell asleep for nap this a.m., slept 10 minutes and then woke up with poopy diaper. She would not go back to sleep once changed. We dropped Britt off at school, and then I had a dr's appt. They kept us waiting nearly an hour, and Delaney screamed at least 45 minutes of that time. I finally told them I was going to have to re-schedule. They then ushered me back and told me the doc would be right in. Well, Delaney never let up; she screamed throughout my appt. It was so frustrating for me and the doctor was obviously put out. I had to leave without scheduling my next appt. She then fell asleep in the car, and woke up again within 15 minutes, seeming refreshed. I stopped at Wal-Mart to make a layaway payment and she screamed the entire time in the store. After we picked up Britt, I had to take her to the doctor, and Delaney had really had it by now. She screamed non-stop for the entire 75 minutes we were there. She was miserable. Thank heavens that they have their wonderful, sweet times...because if it was all like this, I'd have to wonder what I got myself into. I am so glad to have a quiet house to myself right now. My DH went to bed; he was too tired to hear my complain about my day.

I am going to go to the gym early tomorrow and then go shopping or go garage-saling. I am going to get out for awhile, and let DH handle the kids and house.

heart:Way to get a move on that Christmas shopping. I am pretty much done. I love the Halloween picture; I think you look very thin! The pictures all turned out well on my computer and the kids look adorable.

jackieO: What a well-deserved compliment. That outta be enough to keep you on-plan throughout the weekend.

Jack-K: All I have to say is pass the Gingko....you actually remembered that much "stuff" without taking notes, and were actually able to post replies without taking notes...I cannot believe it. I do not have a very good memory and could never do that. Have a good weekend.

Mom: The sugar alcohols could be sending you to the bathroom. If you are eating foods with maltitol or sorbitol in them, they can definately mess with your system. Fruits are high in sugar, and that is why they s/b eaten in moderation. Glad you are seeing the numbers go down on the scale.

Ken: That is so funny that Jess is 2 1/2, and 30 #. Lane is almost 16 months old and is 28 #'s. She is tall too, so she is well proportioned, but just a big kid! Britt was always tall and lean. So glad you have someone you feel comfortable leaving Jess with; it is such a big step. I sometimes wonder if we are just destined to stay home until the kids are raised .

Well, everyone...Have a wonderful weekend.

Nat
  • Good Saturday Morning

After lying in bed, not being able to go back to sleep, I got on the computer at 4am, read e-mail and surfed the web and now will try to catch up on my posts.
    I'm pooped This is 2 nights in a row I haven't slept well, both times dreams waking me up with a little help of the bathroom light being on this morning (ELI left for work about a 1/2 hour ago).

Eating continues to be 100% OP. NOW, if I could just get back in to my exercise routine, the pounds should come off a little bit better. I'm going to shoot for Monday and try to get to bed early on Sunday. Stepped on the scale today and am down another 1 1/2 pounds from WIW. I don't know if that will hold, but at least, for today, I'm happy. Yesterday I was up, and I knew it wasn't from anything I had eaten, today I'm down -one never knows Just know that when this occurs and you're being honest with yourself and you KNOW you're doing everything the way you should, with a little patience, the scales will go back in the right direction. I'm staying off the scales until WIW now and whatever it is, it is, but should it be up, it won't be from doing something wrong, that I can assure and promise you!

Thanks for all of your kind words about MICHAEL'S pictures. I'm not going to tell him you said he was cute though, I don't want that big head of his to swell up. Would you believe, the kid cuts his own hair? Have to admit, I was thrilled with the way these pictures came out-the bill, that was another story!

Yesterday was picture day on the board - I just LOVE seeing pictures of everyone. Post them when you can!!!

BREYERS ICE CREAM - Gals, as I mentioned before, you CAN have the regular Breyers, but REMEMBER, only a 1/2 cup (actually, the serving size listed on the container is LESS than a 1/2 cup but it's bad enough to try to eat ONLY a half cup) AND it can't have "stuff" in it. The 3 best choices are VANILLA (lactose free is the best) COFFEE or STRAWBERRY.

One of the GI websites says: For example, the glycemic index of ice cream is 37 and the glycemic load is 4, based on consumption of 50 grams of ice cream. 65 grams of ice cream equals 1/2 of a cup (Edy's Grand), so 50 grams of ice cream is less than 1/2 cup. Realistically, who eats less than 1/2 cup of ice cream at a time? (surely it's not me who can eat that little!!!)

So please, be careful with portions, whether or not you're eating regular OR SF brands!!!

Lots of garage sales today, hope some are good.

PANCHO, those M&M bags, some of them are open due to me going in there and pulling out the coupons but honestly, it doesn't bother me in the least to have them around-I'm doing fine, heads on straight, at least for now. I'm going to put them up in the closet and forget about them. I sorta have that outta sight outta mind mentality. I LOVE York Peppermint Patties - had some stored away that I just threw out yesterday, I knew they were old but when I found out HOW old, too embarrassing! Hope you find some goodies at any of the garage sales you go to!!

HEART, actually, MICHAEL lost weight and has gained some of it back, he had gotten really thin, where it didn't look good at all, now I think he looks fine. Not sure what type of heart trouble JARED had, and I hate to ask and sound nosey, but next time I see her I'll see if I can ask in a non-nosey way. Loved the pictures!!!! You look fantastic and I love seeing the kids, such innocent faces, how could they give you any grief The reason the pics look distorted is due to the resolution I think

JACKIE, you sound like such a socialite this weekend - enjoy all the festivities. Isn't that wonderful your dress has to be taken in - thank G-D you aren't claiming it having to be let out - you are definitely going in the right direction! OMG, that's terrible that someone would threaten you - I hope the police take this seriously and that absolutely nothing becomes of this persons threats.

JACKK, hope you're feeling better and more rested. I'm not a big dounut lover, not a big lover of fried foods in general but if you could find me a Velvet Creme donut, the one with the butter cream icing in it-I'd be open to eating one, maybe two - they aren't around here anymore and they had the best!!! You know, I can't leave well enough alone - I just went on Google and looked to see if there are any in the country and there's one listed in Miami! Thankfully it's not close to me AND hopefully I'll totally forget about it, or better yet, it's old info and has closed down! Wouldn't bother now, not to worry, but should I ever be off plan and have that in mind, be in the area, it be open, I'd get one

CHRIS, will have to get LAUREN'S school pic to post, she doesn't like it, but what the heck, it's her! You can tell you have a little one, I had to laugh when you said what a handsome little man! MICHAEL towers over all of us! Will talk to you later!!!

FILLISE, have fun watching the game.

MOM, as others have mentioned, your body is ridding itself of the junk AND you are adding fiber, so this is good and will pass quickly. Pears and plums are just fine, not to worry, just don't eat too much fruit. Natural occuring sugars, fructose, is okay. Cheese is okay but you want to try to eat lower versions of it. Many people don't measure cheese and full fat is okay, if you are going to eat just 1oz, but most people eat far much more than that, so better to eat lower fat versions and try to limit it to a few ounces a day. What are your plans with DS this weekend?

KEN, first off, thanks for posting your BIO on the BIO BOARD! It was nice to learn more about you and I really enjoyed looking at the pictures on the website, though one page, the pictures wouldn't load (I think it was the 2yr old page). It was nice to see a picture of you, though not very clear I have to say. You remind me of my cousin MICHELLE who is Guamanian. The scales, get one that's sturdy and well known. Weigh on just your one scale because each scale weighs differently. You could put your scale in one room of your house and then in another and weigh differently. Have to ask, are you small framed? The reason I ask is because I saw your goal weight, and your height and that's really too low for someone of your stature, unless you are really tiny boned. I'm 5 feet 1 1/2" tall (and yes, I agree, that 1/2 really counts when you're short) and that would be totally out of the question for me, that's below the lowest for my height. Hope you don't mind me asking Sorry, HFS=health food store. Okay, I ASSUME you are eating around the fudge part in the ice cream-correct assumption I hate Splenda, it's usually Stevia or if non is around, Sweet & Low You can go to the SEARCH tab at the top of any of our pages and do a search, just do it within the SB BOARDS, or you can tell me what you're looking for and I'll find it for you. The basa, well, first, since I can't cook for me to make something quite edible is amazing, but I can't take all the credit on making this fish. I used the leftover salad dressing from my fav. restaurant, OLE OLE on it. I put salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika and bake it half way. THEN I put the salad dressing, minus the oil it's in, so it's just the wet spices and top it with grated parm cheese and bake it the rest of the way - to die for!

JEC, got the same catalog - it's in the GARBAGE!!!!!

MONET, if you don't go to the school photographer, do they still allow her to have her picture in the year book? MICHAEL'S school, the deadline for seniors was end of August. Actually, the pics of him were not much differnt than the ones I got of LAUREN from Glamour Shots at one time, if I remember correctly.

ROSE, you look wonderful in those pictures!!!!! I'm sure you'll be pampered and have a great haircut when you get home, and besides, your hair looked great when I was there AND I think when my DM took the pictures!!!! Please have a good trip home today - can't wait to hear from you when you get back home. What time are you hitting the road?

BOB, saw a foreign film last night, YANA'S FRIENDS, was cute, esp. the end - was in Hebrew and Russian. How are the movies you got? I p/u 2 WEEK NOTICE, XXX and something else at the library that I'll try to watch some of today, oh and a Russian film called the THEIF. Cute FF, esp. the toilet one! I'm not a squater but I won't if one has been there (always shows) has to be clean otherwise I'd rather burst trying to go elsewhere AND I usually have my own covers in my purse

CHERYL, DD sings in a jazz band? That's so neat! Missed WOODFROGS msg about Lake George, isn't that upstate NY? I think my cousins live near there, or have said they've been there. They live in Glens Falls, NY. I sorta wish I was a computer nerd, then I could at least understand more about them - me, I'm electronically challenged!!!

I seem to be caught up. If I missed anyone, it's not intentional, blame it on being tired

Will check in later - have to get the family room cleaned up this afternoon and go shopping for MICHAEL for some food for the kids he's invited over tonight for ALEX'S birthday, but I plan on getting back on while he's involved as LAUREN is going to a friends house for movie night.

Have a great weekend

Debbie

And it will be 11 after today!!!
  • I'm up early on this Sat morning, not that I want to be. Jared went to bed at 8 and work up at 6:30 A.M. I don't know why he wakes up so early so since he's up, I'm up.

I don't have very much planned for this weekend. I took him to the mall yesterday afternoon and at Noon today he has his speech therapy. After speech therapy, we are probably going back home so he can take a nap (yeah right!). My parents want us to drop by their place (they live 10 minutes away) at 3 p.m. and I guess we'll have dinner with them. It's then a blockbuster night. Tomorrow is up in the air.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Ilana