New Year's Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Okay since Halloween is almost up and we are now faced with Thanksgiving (for the U.S. chicks) and Christmas I thought I would start up a little different challenge.

We all know how hard it is to make it through the various social events that are bound to take place between Thanksgiving and New Years Eve and the endless stream of goodies that we are going to be faced with, not to mention holiday stress and eating on the run as we get ready for the holidays.

This time the focus will be on taking care of ourselves as a whole

So from Saturday November 1, 2003 to January 1, 2004
    we have the following challenges:

1) Stay on plan.

2) Maintain an exercise program of at least 15 minutes to 1/2 an hour per day.

3) Plan healthy meals and stock our pantries with OP food and some healthy treats to give ourselves some alternatives to all the junk food that will be around.

4) Take time out for ourselves - with the whirlwind of the holidays we still need to get rest, enjoy some social activities and take some time for a favorite activity.

5) Make good food choices when we are out at the mall, having office parties, entertaining or attending parties and when we are rushed and have no time to cook(or don't feel like cooking .

6) Allow ourselves to indulge in a few holiday treats and don't torture ourselves over it - we are only human, after all

7) Try to focus on the good things you are going to get out of spending time with friends and family and enjoying the holiday season without getting stressed out over losing weight.

So with that in mind everyone can pick their own mini-goal whether it is to maintain between now and Jan 1 or to lose xxx # of lbs.

Good luck to everyone - together we can do it
  • My stats and mini goal for Jan 1 are:

Starting weight: 163 lbs
    Mini goal: 5 lbs by January 1
    Exercise: Pilates tape twice per week, toning tape twice per week
    Other: keep a daily food journal
  • I am in, I will post stats later!!!! I love the commitments
    rb
  • Mauvais, you darling. I will post my stats and goals tomorrow morning after weighing.
  • Thank you sweet Mauvais

Here is my stuff:
    My stats and mini goal for Jan 1 are:

Starting weight: 220 lbs

Mini goal: Although I would love to be in Onederland by January 1
    I think 10 pounds is more realistic.

Exercise: Something, anything 3 times per week, probably walking or WATP video.

Other: Keep the 7 tips from Mauvais in my minds eye
  • Well, I'm keeping my original goal I set back in September. Mainly to remind myself that I will lose slower than I thought at the beginning of this journey. Ironic, but helpful to me... I need a "real" mindset to keep me from being discouraged.

SW: 173.5
    GW for NY: 155
    Other goal: Vegan at least 3 days per week.
  • Well, since early September, I've been stress and emotional eating and blaming it on Harry's situation. Now it's time to get over it!

Starting weight: 205 this morning - aaarrrrggggghhhh
    Goal: 10 pounds by January 1
    Exercise: walking when possible or WATP tapes
    Other: - keep track of food on fitday
    - give up my pre-dinner drink except when entertaining
    - sleepytime tea every night for a more solid rest
    - take my vitamins every morning
    - use that expensive Avon face cream every day
  • Great Idea!!~

Starting: 167
    Goal: 15 lbs by New years
    Exercise: go to gym twice a week, walk 2 miles twice week.
  • I'm In!! Starting tomorrow. Need to decide on goals since I tend to sabotage myself once I write tham down!!!
  • Well, my Halloween goal was a little high. I didn't have any idea how quickly (or slowly) I would lose weight, so all I could do was guess. Now that I have a better idea (it took 3 months to lose 20 lbs) I think a more reasonable goal would be to lose 10 lbs by New Year's. And I tried to do a challenge of working out 5 days a week instead of 3, but that didn't work, so I'll try for 4 in November and maybe work up to 5. Good luck to everyone! We can do this!
  • Okay...

November 1st
    ~~~~~~~~~~

current weight- 179 1/2
    goal- 10 pounds by Jan 1st
    exercise- at the very LEAST, twice weekly at the gym
  • Hi all,

A newbie here. I have lurked too long and cheered everyone on from afar and totally not jumped in myself so that I could make the commitment that I need to succeed. So, here I am ,ready to do what I need to do to make lasting weight loss work.
    You chickies are the best. I love your kindess and fiestiness.

My new husbands' son and daughter-in-law are expecting a new
    baby in January and I do not want to be forced to meet the evil
    ex-wife heavy. ( this is a big motivater for me right now)
    I need to join in to help and be helped because I know that I can not do it alone without some accountability.

Thanks in advance, you sweet chickies!
  • Welcome, Irish Tart! Good motivation, indeed!
  • HI IRISH TART!! I LOVE your name!!! The new challenge starts today (THANKS MAUVAIS!!), so jump in and we'll all help motivate each other!!!
  • Wow, I cant believe its November, the days and months are passing by so darn quickly...HAPPY NOVEMBER ALL!!! and lets all make this challenge a good one!~

as for me....after work, I am headed to the gym..YEAH!