Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 12:59 PM   #1  
A woman of ACTION

Talking Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #19

Hi everyone! New thread...hope you all find it!
Old 10-20-2003, 01:44 PM   #2  
Queen Weak Will

I found it!

Mari - Sorry you've been sick, I hate being sick and trying to keep up with the exercise regimen... that's tough... and you go girl!

You ladies all rock in your determination! The food war for me is not going so well, and so I am going to wage the war with exercising for now, hoping the food will follow. I jogged 2.5 miles on the treadmill on Saturday and took the dog roller-blading (I was on wheels, he just ran :wink: ) on Monday and being active just plain feels good.

I am on vacation right now and have decided to go clothes shopping, even though the plan was to lose more first. It's simply been WAY TOO LONG since I've added to my pitiful wardrobe.

Catch you all later!
Old 10-20-2003, 02:02 PM   #3  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for getting us started, you really ARE a "woman of ACTION."

Mari, can't believe you're running even when you're sick - girl, that is dedication. Sorry about your tiff with the boy, we all have them from time to time (and I know in my case, I'm usually the one to pick a stupid fight about zero, zip, nada!).

I took a whole week off WALKING due to you know, the Evil Time because I just couldn't face it. Ugh. But I'm back in today and I've already got a tape under me - just the one mile because I have a little errand to run this afternoon (on foot) taht will probably total a few miles. Yikes. Normally I'd let the husband do it but I'm trying to pick up the incidental exercise.

Ok, so let's hope the rest of the gang shows up soon. I miss Ali, Kelly, Jo, Danielle, and...wow, quite a few others. Wonder where they've gone? Guess it's up to us to carry on till they find their way back! Thanks girls for always being here!

B
Old 10-20-2003, 04:19 PM   #4  

Hey girls here you are

I've been okay...sticking to the program, but this week I had no loss...TOM is to blame. Ha! I almost fell off the scale when I weighed myself on like the second day of TOM and the sacle said 167lbs!! I almost cried, but then realized I shouldn't beat myself for it. Its almost impossible to gain if I am honestly following the program...I guess, but anyway to make the stroy short I weighed in yesterday and I was back at 163.5lbs, which was the last week. So I guess this week it'll be different and I'll see some loss.

Brandy- wow your doing great girl. Are you exercising too? What do you do for exercise? I was exercising in the begining, but last week I didn't either, again due to TOM, but this week I am trying to do at least 3 days out of the week.

Mari- I go through the same with my bf. Now we're just trying a time out system...either one of us just say, "Ok, let's not fight...hi how are you doing...nice day out huh?" or we say something good or silly...anything to get us off the fight/ arguement...it works most of the time.

Okay gotta run hope everyone else is doing good.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:22 PM   #5  
Raised By Wolves

S/C/G: 335/270/170

Height: 5'8"

Just through.

Congrats to all you losers and maintainers, including myself!

Whom ever is sick, I hope you feel better.

Brandy - Give my congrats to your mom and dad. I think it's a beautiful thing. I'm sure they loved each other all the while, but maybe didn't see eye to eye with things. They matured and probably are seeing things in a different way. Give them my blessing. "If at first you don't suceed, try, try again."

Well running off.

Take care,
Raff
Old 10-21-2003, 12:11 AM   #6  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Hi Girls,

I'm still here Glad to see that everyone is doing so well.

I've just returned from a wonderful few days away with hubby ... we left the kids at home with my parents. Guess what happened when we got home yesterday ... we started to argue!!!! It's soooooo difficult having the parents staying with you ... a month is way too long. We really feel like we need our own space back to ourselves now. Thankfully, they go back home to the UK on Thursday morning, so that's something to look forward to ... do I sound really mean?? Of course I love them very much, but it's easier when they are not under the same roof!

I know I've gained a few pounds (probably several ) over the past month, but I'm going to get straight back on track when they've gone ... and I'm actually looking forward to it. The weather has also cooled down quite a bit and the humidity level has dropped considerably, so no more excuses not to go walking more often!!

As soon as they've gone home, I'll be checking in on a regular basis and look forward to joining you girls back on the track.

Nichola
Old 10-21-2003, 08:22 AM   #7  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Nichola! Hi! I know what you mean about visiting parents - I love to have my mom visit but we have to keep it down to under a week or it just gets - too close, y'know? I need space and quiet.

Raff, my parents are so weird. I mean, I'm happy for them because I KNOW this is what my mom wanted and I now know it's what my dad wanted as well - it was like one bad decision that led to eight really bad years, but it's still weird.

Dot, no gain during TOM is, in my estimation, as good as losing so go you! And it's tough not to freak out by the PMS gains - even when you KNOW that's what they are. You are so right, tho, you can't REALLY gain if you're honestly following the program. You might fluctuate, but you won't REALLY gain. Still, hard to remember when you see those numbers. Eek. I am exercising a little - WATP one or two mile and then making an effort to run errands instead of letting the husband grab stuff on the way home - since we walk everywhere, two or three little side trips really add up.

Volley, did I leave you out earlier? Or did I combine a few posters into one reply? I'm so confused. ANYWAY - goodl uck with the food war, congratulations on being active, and good shopping vibes coming your way!

Brandy
Old 10-22-2003, 02:26 PM   #8  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Be-bump!

Don't want us lost on the second page!

B
Old 10-22-2003, 11:30 PM   #9  

Hi Girls,

My parents have just departed ... quite a tearful goodbye ... don't feel the relief that I expected

The good news is that I'm getting straight back on track today ... no point in waiting until tomorrow. I've just hopped on the scales which show that I am now 170lbs ... so I think I've gained 4lbs during the past month ... could have been much worse!!

My official weigh-in day is going to be Friday and I'm already looking forward to my first weigh-in next week ... which I am determined is going to be a good one!!

Nichola
Old 10-22-2003, 11:42 PM   #10  

I have just noticed that it has been exactly 2 years since I first registered on this site ... and what have I achieved?!!!! Enough messing around I think ... time to get down to some serious action!!

Nichola
Old 10-22-2003, 11:53 PM   #11  
Raised By Wolves

Nichola - I'm in the same boat as you. I think I've gained a few because I haven't been counting points. I can feel the fat coming back to my thighs. I have got to get back on track.

Send me some vibes people!
Old 10-23-2003, 09:41 AM   #12  
Bad Mamma Jamma

God vibes going out to everyone who is getting back on track, and everyone who is trying!

I am at the exact weight that stops me dead every time. I have gotten as low as this countless times, and it's always exactly here that I get distrated, give out, change tactics, or whatever and gain. I really REALLY believe that if I could just ONCE keep going and get below this weight I would be home free.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Brandy
Old 10-23-2003, 03:46 PM   #13  

Hi girls.

Nicola- I totally know what you mean about your parents. When mine visit I can't wait for them to leave after a while, but then when they are gone I miss them. About you gaining 4lbs...I think it's great I mean hey like you said it could have been a lot worse. And about your achievements, well, at least you are not gaining a whole lot, and are trying to get back on track. I know you can do it. A bit of will power and come here we'll be here for you, support you and help you in anyway we can.

Raf- dont beat yourself up about the past time. What is done is done. Focus on today and tomorrow. We all have bad days, but instead of just giving up just start now and just do it. I used to think "oh, man that's it I cheated today." and take off that week from the diet...not good that's how I got to be 175lbs. The heaviest I ever was was168lbs. Anyway, I don't mean to preach or anything, but just wanted to give you a little support and good vibes.

Brandy- I know you can do it girl. You've been doing good so far. Lets not give up. The loss may slow down now but it'll keep going down I bet you. It'll just take longer, but in the long run it'll be good.

As for myself I've been sticking to the program. This week I have use some of my flex points...about 10. Today I went out with my co-worker and boss to lunch. Mexican..hehehe it was funny because my co-worker and I are both on WW at home, so before we went out we were discussing what to eat and figuring out the pts. I think he helps put me in check too. Keeps me on track, especially because he's lost like 45lbs already on WW. The guy is half his size!

Okay girls I'll shut up now see you all later and take care.

Oh before I forget here's some more good vibes...we all need them
Old 10-23-2003, 03:47 PM   #14  

Hey Mari where are you???, eechs, volley???
Old 10-23-2003, 07:16 PM   #15  
Raised By Wolves

Where my b*tches at? A little ebonics for ya.

I'm doing ok. Not going to weigh myself till Sunday (weigh-in day). Know there was definitely a gain. Can feel it.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.
Closed Thread