Old 10-12-2003, 08:14 AM   #1  

Default could really use a buddy

Hi I am following a low carb high protein program and could really use a buddy who is on the same.I am really struggling right now and hopefully we could help each other out.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi wildrose:

I am fairly new to trying "low carb" with ww so maybe we can share some ideas. I still have a problem with low carb things being high in points so I keep jumping back & forth. I think I have to come up with some sort of pattern of eating & stick to it for awhile. I have my w/i tonight and wasn't there last week (was in Pocono Mts on a vacation & over-indulged alot) but have been pretty good this week. So we will see what happens.

What programme are you following??
Old 10-20-2003, 11:05 AM   #3  

Default I'm New too!

I would love to have a buddy or two to help me stay on track. I am following the Schwartzbein Plan and am finding it really easy, and very successful. what plan are you on??
Old 10-21-2003, 04:43 AM   #4  

Default hi would love to be your buddy

I'm on a program that a doctor in the city where live has done.It is a high protein low carb but very easy to follow.My email is ############# and it would be great if we could help each other out

Edited by Moderator:
Please do not post email addresses in the public threads. Use the PM (Private Message) feature for this information. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:41 AM   #5  

I am having no luck with the PM feature.. (keeps telling me I am not logged in), anyway.. I will try to post here anyway.
I have been on this plan for 4 weeks, and I am having great results. At the same time I started walking on my treadmill everyday, and cut out all sugars, salt, alcohol. I haven't had as much success with caffein. I still have one cup every morning.
Is your plan Dr. Bernstein's, or is it another Dr's?
Old 10-21-2003, 06:12 PM   #6  
Head Princess

AnnDee -

Don't cut your salt!!! It's important that you get enough salt or very bad things will happen to your body. The increase in proteins and water that your consuming will deplete your sodium levels faster (at least, that's what I've learned from my own experience). I had terrible leg cramps for a short time until I read about the effects of low sodium. Once I started adding more salt into my diet, the cramps disappeared.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/229/150

Height: 5'7"

Ive been on Atkins since 7-25 and I have lost 26.5 pounds. My bf has lost 42 pounds, and we have been on it the same amount of time.
What is the Schwartzbein Plan ? I have never heard of that before.
I hope that all of you are having great success with your low carb diets.
AnnDee: my boyfriend refused to give up his caffeine, He's still losing weight. IF you read on the SOuth Beach DIet which is also low carb, he tells you to go ahead and drink it if you absolutely cant give it up, but dont over do it.
Mia
Old 10-23-2003, 09:26 AM   #8  

Hi ladies:

How are you doing? I am back to doing WW with a lower carb theme but not no/carb. Tried that for a couple of weeks & didn't feel good & gained weight. Since Mon I have been back on track & doing my WATP tape (2 mile) and feel good. My w/i day is on Mon so I will post my results then.

Hope everyone has a great day. Bye for now.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:06 PM   #9  

Hi ladies:

Was down 1# this week. Will keep on doing my WW thing.
How is everyone else doing???
Old 10-28-2003, 12:15 PM   #10  
reaching my goals

Good job bandit! I've never done WW. One of my coworkers does it occasionally. He loses really fast but gains it back as quickly. He's the all or nothing type though. A lot of people do really well on it though.

Angel4real, men do usually lose faster than women. I've been on Atkins since 7-24 and have lost 33 pounds. It was really slow in the beginning but is coming off much faster now. Since cutting diet drinks, meal bars, drinks, and sf snacks I'm doing much better. I've also cut way back on processed meats (hot dogs and luncheon meats). My hair stylist told me that her husband lost 26 pounds in 9 weeks. I was amazed. I think most men usually have more muscle mass than women. As we know, muscles burn more calories than fat alone. With that said, I don't have a regular exercise routine. It's sporadic at best.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:30 PM   #11  
Head Princess

Also noteworthy, is that men do not have the hormone fluctuations that women do and that makes it easier to lose as well.
Old 10-29-2003, 02:23 PM   #12  

All of you are doing great - keep up the good work. I am keeping OP & doing my WATP tape (trying for 5 days/week) and want to lose 30# by April. Doesn't sound like alot but I would be very happy with that. Me & two of my WW buddies & some other girls are going to Vegas in April so that is my goal.

Keep up the good work & thanks for the support.