Hey everyone!! i have 195 pounds to loose!! Yikes!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Well i'll Tell a lil bit about myself!!

Im Lani as most people call me my real names leigh ann tho..im 19 will be 20 in nov. an i have 195 pounds to loose...ya know yesterday i counted it up an i swear it was only 120....dang! lol i've tryed many MANY many Many many (you get tha idea) MANY diets in tha past,my grandmother always has that special pill,or that tea that works,or oh the "patch" that only itched.....I've tryed Lowcarb,an it did work i lost 60 on it gained 30 back in time from eating everything in site...is it me or is it after you get offa a very restricitve diet you wanna eat whatcha aint suppose to have.....darn me! anways...im starting WW's Tuesday of this week..ignore the OCt.1st thing...money was tight that day anways...Any tips any ideas anything anyone can tell me that'll help me Just weight loss wise..ITS SOOO TOTALY Welcome an plus anyone have tha same thing im goin thru,living in a house with 4 other people who dont diet...its hard anyways long enough!! please help
  • Welcome! It's great to have you join us. Post often so we can get to know you better. I started with 190 pounds to lose, so I know exactly how you're feeling. You're much smarter than I am though because you're getting control of this while you're much younger than I am. I'm 36 and I'm just now making the changes I should have made a long time ago.

WW is a great plan and I'm sure you'll get lots of great info there to help you on your journey. The only advice I would add is to drink plenty of water. Always have a water bottle with you and drink, drink, drink.

Do you have a plan for exercise? It can be difficult to get started, but exercise really is an important part of your weight loss. It will help you to lose more consistently, and help you to keep it off after you're done. Find something you enjoy doing, and don't be afraid to change your exercise routine. It's good to shake things up and try different things.

Good luck, I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. You'll find lots of great advice and support here.
  • Hi Lani

Welcome to the 100lb club! Congratulations on taking the first step to a new you!

WW is great - I constantly hear good things about it - especially about people keeping the weight off.

I agree with mothrgoos about exercise and water - a combination of ww diet, exercise, water and support from 3fc and I'm sure the weight will drop off!

Good luck

Amanda xx
  • Hi Lani!

You've definitely come to the right place. There's definitely a great support group here.

And just so you don't feel like the only one. I'm 19 (20 in April)... and I finally came back here for good (because there's no giving up this time) September 3 of this year with 175 pounds to lose.

I know what you mean about it being hard to lose weight when you're the only one in the household. Here at college, my two best friends are thin and just don't understand more long-term dieting.. They have dessert at two meals a day, and it's so hard not to join them!

Anyway, please post often and let us get to know you better and vice versa.

And another hint, sometimes when I feel like I want to eat I just come to the site and read what others have said recently in the past... usually curbs the need for food.
  • Yay! Welcome. Post often...

And eat your veggies, drink TONS of water, move whenever you can... and post often! Also... dieting is a lot like life. -Bare with me people-- Don't forget that if you slip and fall at 10 a.m., you HAVE TO GET BACK UP... not just lay on the floor for a month.
  • Welcome!
    Welcome Lani! You have found the BEST site for all the support you will need in your weight loss journey!

My name is Kari and I just recently turned 21 years old, so like BrwnEyedGurl said, you are not the only one our age.

When I started losing weight, I weighed 305. Since then I have lost 43 lbs and am now at 262.

In the beginning, my *goal* was to be 150 lbs which would mean I'd have to lose 155 lbs. That just seemed like WAY TOO MUCH for me, so I wanted to give up. So I HAD to set myself a reasonable goal that I can attain.

So I set my goal for 200 lbs which sounds quite reasonable to me. Then once I reach my goal, I will then work towards my remaining balance.

I think it's easier if you set small goals for yourself, and reward yourself when you accomplish them. Not with food, but maybe with a new hair cut, or get your nails done. Maybe buy an item that you want but *normally* wouldn't spend your money on.

It's so hard in the beginning, but once you get going, you are going to feel great!

If you need a buddy for support, you can e-mail me any time at [email protected]

Good luck to you!

~ Kari ~
  • Kari's right Lani (and she's got really cute dogs too).

When I realized I had to lose over 125 pounds to be at the highest allowable weight on the BMI it all seemed so overwhelming and unattainable. So right from the beginning I never looked at the depressing big picture and focused only on attaining mini-goals. I set out to lose 20 by Labour Day, then 40 by my daughter's wedding, then 50 by New Years, then 75 by my parent's 50th anniversary, then 100 by the first anniversary of starting the whole thing (I didn't make that one on schedule, it took an extra month or so), but you see what I mean? Now I'm at the point where I can, for the first time, actually focus on my final goal (hopefully by New Years). There have been slipups and plateaus along the way as well as celebrations, but the one constant was looking towards the next mini-goal and not the final one. It's so much more manageable that way and what's even better is having several feelings of accomplishment instead of just one!
  • WOW..i didnt expect So many responses im so glad!! im glad also to know im not tha only chubby girl at tha tender age of 19 an so fourth!...I do have an exersize plan.. I started that about 3 months ago roughly... i go to tha gym do water arobics three times a week plus i walk on tha treadmill with my grandmother for 15 min we are workin are way up 5 min extra a week tho we've stuck at 15 hehe my goal is 30 min a day for like a month,then 45 min a day for a month eer well not on tha weekends i gotta rest!!

Im so glad i found a support board so exciting im all giggly !!!
    Im not sure if any of ya'll have MSN messenger or YAhoo if so YER SO welcome to add me to be in touch alot faster then a board!
    Ruffnrwdycwgrl - Yahoo
    [email protected] -MSN or even email me imma email ya kair (btw thats my cousins nick name Kerry beary to cute lol)!!!

THNX again hope to see you all Slimmer soon!!
  • Kari not Kair ...lol sorry cant type!!!!
  • i'm 22! there are plenty of people our age =). welcome!
  • a bunch of kids!!!!!! and all so enthusiastic!!!! <i'm old enough to be yyour mother!!!!!!> sounds like you're on your way, lani...

water. exercise, veggies. they've said it all... and may i suggest upping the exercise to daily??? some folks think that works better than 3-4 times a week. and after a while, add weight training...

yeah. it's a long road.
  • hey i'm sy welcome. i'm 21 started to shed the pounds early last year. at the tender age of 20 and the tender weight of 322. when i started to diet my parents nearly died with laughter but since i succeed in losing this much my old man has started to diet and lost 28lbs so far.
  • And who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks - and to be taught them by a puppy too See Si, not only are you doing something great for yourself, you're inspiring others! U da man!
  • hmmmmm all these lovely young ladies and the ever charming, handsome si who's coming over here to naples florida...

interesting. let the flirtations begin!!!!!
  • LOL-- Jiff you are too cute!!