Alternachick chat October 2 +

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • Den, throw out the goll-darned cookie dough.
    Ruth, what have you got in YOUR mouth!? Jube jubes?
    Tomorrow we are going to eat well! We are NOT going to let crap destroy our health. (well, more than it already has) We are NOT going to allow our moods to dictate our moods! (did you get that? because my husband is a social worker, and I can get him in here...)

Ruth, how was the Red Hat Society? I hope you had a hoot.

Twodog, we've missed you, too! Hang in there with your job... you're right not to let that B have power over you. I do hope that things change for the better, hon.

Jennifer, why isn't Suzanne there controlling what you put into your mouth?

Thanks, Squeak, we had a very nice time. Oh... we ate at the most wonderful (expensive) restaurant. DH had melt-in-your-mouth prime rib, I had wicked scallops, the bread was home made and I almost died when I tasted it. AND THE SOUP!? OH MY GOD! The BEST soup I've ever had.
    I don't trust you. I think we need to send you a chastity belt. Those hormones will be raging, and who knows WHAT will happen when The Boy comes down.

Sisters... my sister and I fought like anything when we were kids. In between playing Barbies and building tree forts together.
    She was the younger, bubbly, popular, fun girl. I was the studious, chronically depressed bookworm who just wanted to be left alone. (funny... I was always jealous of her outgoing personality, even though I did NOT want to be that way myself!)
    Now... we see each other fairly often. We have a lot in common despite our different personalities. She lives about six blocks away.
    This will sound weird, but I'm very protective of her, and I love her more than anyone. She's the apple of my eye.
  • mmmmmmm Potato Salad. Step away from that too Den. Just mail it to me

I am glad you had a good time Ellis.

And I promise no more then what happened last time we were alone together will happen. I promise no running around the house naked, at least. We will be at his mom's anyway, so there is only so much that can go on.
  • Tomorrow I am back on the stick. I am starting South Beach. I FINALLY read the book, so I'll be seeing a lot of you over there!
    I have been walking an hour a day, as brisk as I can do it. If not for that, I'd be horrified to weigh after this last week. I'm actually disappointed in myself. I thought I was SO independent, and I've been reduced to a chubby little girl since Rob has been away.

Squeak...when do you go?

Does anybody know of a good interent radio station? I've been watching/listening to videos on Launch@Yahoo, but it has gotten to be where they play commercials every 2-3 videos. 30 seconds to a minute each. Anybody have suggestions? Music is fine, I don't need videos. I usually just run them in the background anyway.
  • Jennifer, when I'm in the mood for something not on my mp3 list, I go to Winamp radio (www.winamp.com). You have to download Winamp if you don't already have it. I have "classic" winamp rather than the "winamp 3" that's the most current version, because I got so used to classic that winamp 3 was too complicated for me. (Too many buttons!)
  • Ellis ~ I am also very protective of my sister and she is the older one.

2dog~

Jennifer ~ See ya on the beach

Squeak sounds like you two have a very special relationship

Navi
  • Good morning! Eat your hearts out - Gail is here cleaning and my house is partially sparkling! She hits the kitchen next which means lunch is always late or very simple on Gail days.

The Girls and I walked down for the paper this morning and enjoyed an absolutely gorgeous morning! If it weren't for managing two dogs on a double lead, I'd take pictures to share.

I am definitely on track so far today with food, Ellis and Den. I am into being nice to me and made a caffe mocha for breakfast with lite hot chocolate mix and coffee. Luxury and only 24 calories and 2.6 carbs. Use a half packet and then pour in the coffee. Nummy! Hmmmm....maybe I'll have another one. I just realized I did not eat breakfast this morning! Harry shocked me by getting up at 7:30 instead of 9 and my breakfast was forgotten. Does that mean I can have a pack of jujubes?

My son will be 40 on Wednesday! I can't believe I'm old enough to have a 40 year old son! Crap!

Happy Monday, chickies.

Ellis, as Squeak's cyber granny, I agree that she needs a chastity belt. I'll check out my tickle trunk for an old one. Otherwise, we'll have to get creative and make one. Can you weld?
  • HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I'm back on track so far, need to stick with it better this time.

Ruth-That caffe latte sounds GREAT!! and I have the stuff in the house to make it too!!! YUM!!

Squeak-SORRY, IT'S GONE!!!!! (Just make sure you use protection, okay?!?)

Okay, Ellis, Ruth and Jennifer....THIS IS IT!! Let's get going!!!
  • Cafe Latte, cafe latte... MMM. My mom gave us an expensive espresso/latte machine last year for Christmas, and my son fancies himself a coffee expert now. I may have to ask him to grind some beans and make his poor ol' mom a nice big foamy mug. I have several flavours of the DaVinci SF syrups, too, to doctor it up.

I'm new to the board here, and posted a bio to intro myself. I considered joining in on the Oct. challenge, but to be honest, I don't want the pressure. LOL It's all I can do right now to just try to make good choices from day to day. (Minute to minute?) I was doin' general lowcarb for a while, but have since moved to SugarBusters type low-GI diet, because I felt like I *really* needed to add back some "good" carbs to my diet. So far, it seems to have helped a bit, but I'm a slooow loser. Ah well... I was 240 at my highest, and am now down to 206, hoping to reach 160. I'm on coumadin (blood thinner) after a pulmonary embolism in May, but it seems not to cause me any trouble, thank heavens. I also have PCOS, which is a PITA! <g> One good note -- my blood sugar has dropped about 20 points, on average, and I'm no longer "this close to bein' diagnosed as diabetic." Yeehaw.

I'm chilly today, although it is actually not all that bad out. About 54*... I love this time of year, though. My birthday is coming up in a few days (the 15th) and I've always felt lucky that I got to be born in my favorite month. <g> All I need to do is go pull on some thick chenille slippersocks and a sweatshirt, and I'll be set for the rest of the day.

Ok, I resolve that for the rest of today I'll choose foods that I feel good about eating. I'll make some baked chicken for supper, steamed broccoli, and a loaf of homemade whole wheat bread, of which I'll have just *one* slice, not half the loaf! LOL Tomorrow, I'll worry about later...

Nice to meet you all!

Lene'
  • Hi welcome
  • You girls are too much

Jennifer - I think a few years ago I used to listen to MusicMatch.com. I think you need their software to listen to the radio stations though.

Navi - There you are! I thought we may have scared you away.

Sounds like you had a wonderful morning Ruth! I like having a cyber granny. My last grandparent passed away almost 2 years ago. A tickle trunk does not sound like somewhere you would put a chastity belt!

Ellis, Den, Ruth & Jennifer - YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Welcome Lene!

And hellos to Sflake, Mauvais, Twodog, Harmony, Jessica & all of the other chicks!!!

I promise not a whole lot will happen when I see the boy at the end of November. While we make sure we both have a good time, we don't do anything that can wind up with us pregnant. We may both be very horny adults, we aren't stupid. I am really just looking forward to the cuddling while watching TV, and maybe a little kiss.
  • Squeak, The Boy sounds wonderful, and the cuddling sounds heavenly! Have fun, but stay safe!

Welcome Lene! I hear ya about being a slow loser, that's me too. But you know the old saying "slow and steady wins the race"....we didn't put the weight on overnight, and we won't take it off overnight either (no matter how much we wish that could happen!).

OK Ellis, Ruth, Den, and Jennifer.....here's your cyber kick in the @ss......did ya feel that?? Just take it one day at a time, I know you can do it!! Hey, if I can do it, anyone can!

Hi sflake, Navi, and everyone else!
  • Squeaker, I hafta laugh -- I can think of *lots* of fun stuff to do that won't cause pregnancy, but will provide the thrills. Won't go into details, I'm too new to know how ornrey we are allowed to be in the forum. Cuddling is *great*, but if you're both jumpin' outta your skin, I predict a little more than a sweet kiss. <g>

In the meantime, you still have a month and a half to think up ways to "have fun" beofre you see the boy! Ain't imagination a grand thing?

Lene'
  • I know plenty of things to do Lene'.

So what is everyone (or their kids) going to be for Halloween?

I ordered my Sally (from Nightmare Before Christmas) costume last night. Can't wait for it to get here.
  • Sally! ^___^ I bet you look awesome in that costume. &have fun with the boy! *nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more, say no more!* and I'm not scared away, I just had a not-so-good weekend. (Bad uterus! Behave yourself!)

lennylou- welcome! I haven't been here long but this is a great group of gals we've stumbled upon.

*showers everyone else with glitter and faerie kisses*
  • I've been gone forever and I'm all behind now in the chat! My job and life have taken over and there's no time for the Internet.

My dad's been very ill (double bypass surgery), but he came through and he's stable (though he's still in the hospital).

I'm glad to see everyone. Barely know you, but you're the only one's going through this "no sugar" life, so I feel as if we're buddies!

Applying for a new job! Beautiful weather! Work tomorrow. Bleh.

Peace!