Diabetes and Prediabetes Thread for Fall and Winter 2022/23

You're on Page 10 of 34
Go to
  • Hope you're ok today, Trish.

I tried to see if I could stop the Tylenol and I made it about half hour past the time. Sinus headache came back and achiness. Then it took another half hour or so after I took it. Good thing I have plenty of them.
  • I didn't eat until after 3 so I didn't eat until about 3:30 so I had almost 24 hr fast. I had a small potatoe with just a touch of lentils for flavor and I had no problems with it and I also had a few crackers. So I didn't eat anything else. I have only drank water and chicken broth. I slept al morning and I have made it tonight without any problems so I think I'm basically over it/

We switched to regular hours on our electricity contract yesterday so I got al my laundry done yesterday and today. It is so nice to be able to have al my laundry done earlier in the day including folded and put away.

Hope you test negative soon.
  • I'm glad you are feeling better, Trish.

I slept good and took my Tylenol on time so I feel good. I have to gather up my bills to be paid so that is my project to be paid. As long as I take my Tylenol my symptoms are under control.

Scale is down to 181 today so I'm holding the loss so far.
  • Well, I knew the 179 wasn't going to stay. Today it was 180.8. So we are about the same. FBG was high 113 but then I had no protein at all yesterday.

I am feeling better. Still kind of taking it wasy I drank a cup of coffee this morning and a protein shake for brunch and will eat a regular dinner. I am going to give up salads for a while because that is what I could taste every time I belched before I got sick. I'm thinking it was my salad. Pork chops cooked in cream of mushroom soup is in the crockpot now. I am not going to track because I plan to do this IE/IF again and make this a 2M day.

This is my day to get meds ready for next week so I need to get busy with that.

Have a great day everybody.
  • I spent the past 4 hours in bed. I laid down and fell asleep so I guess I needed the rest. I am achy even with the Tylenol. I am so ready for this to be over.
  • Carol Sue, It is good to rest and let your body heal. I read a reasearch article today that people who had all the vaccines and boosters are the ones will continue to have the covid and the only way to for it to stop is to stop the shots. They say if you have the covid you will build up a natural immunitiy which is the best way to keep from having again. I hope that is true. So rest. Also read that they think taking Vitamin D is the best thing to take to combat it. Do you take Vitamin D? DH and I still take Vitamin C, D and Zinc to keep from every having it and so far it has worked. I even heard someone else talking on tv that he and his whole family take that every year to keep from having the flu.

My day has been good. I had 2 meals and total of almost 1200 calories. I think I'm going to have to stop drinking coffee. I don't know if it is the coffee, caffeine or sugar free creamer I've been using. I guess I will have to try it differently and see what happens. I'm trying to drink the chicken broth which tasted really good when I was sick, but not the same now that I'm feeling better and water just gets boring.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ended up eating and drinking calories so ruined my good day. Not sure I want to weigh tomorrow.
  • DH said I would not be able to sleep since I slept for 4 hours but I slept all night. I'm glad I'm getting rest.

The scale kept switching between 179.9 and 180.0 but landed on 179.9. I feel good today but have to test to see if I'm still positive. I think this is day 7. The scale is the only good part.

I'm not going to test until tomorrow. I didn't take any Tylenol until 11:00. I wasn't getting achy or a headache but I want to feel good enough to do some cleaning while DH is watching the football game. Every room in the house needs a good cleaning now and I think I might feel well enough to do it.

I was hungry so I ate 2 fried eggs and a piece of toast and they were delicious. It feels good to feel hungry for good food that is not high carb. I want to be very careful not to overeat. I know I will regain a little but hope to keep it under control.
  • Hi Ladies! Glad to see you are recovered/recovering from your recent bouts of ill health. Also happy to see you are still working hard at it!

I had a great week staying on plan this week. However, the bugger of a scale refused to cooperate on official weigh-in day. I am taking a day off from eating on plan to recharge a bit from the disappointment. For October and November though I showed a half pound loss each month. At this rate, only six more years and I will be to goal. On one hand that feels discouraging but on the other hand actually getting to goal would be fantastic!

Hope you have a good week and that we hear from more folks!
  • Pipsicle I know how you feel. Looking back over my past year or so, I see I lose about 10 lbs a month. At that rate it will take 3 years to get down to my goal. I try to remember that at least I am losing. I figure if I keep doing what I know to do that at least I might actually make it one of these days.

Carol Sue I hope you test negative when you test again. I have heard that once you are past the worse of covid that it does take a while to get your strength back thus the sleeping. The nice thing about us being on this new electric contract, I was able to get all my house work done before I went to bed last night. I didn't have to get up and unload the dishwasher because I ran it wal it was cold in the house and had it unloaded and everything put away before I went to bed.

I thought I weighed 181.8 yesterday but it was 180.8. That is why it is good for me to keep a daily record. However, that means that I gained 3.4 lbs today instead of 2.4 lbs. I am back OP and did track on MFP. So weight was 183.4 lbs but my FBG was 95. So that is a blessing. I'm sure the weight will come back down in a few days. I'm going to do my own plan and just count calories. I had oatmeal for breakfast with chia seeds and blueberries. Chicken tenders are on the menu today. I'm going to try salad greens without any iceberg lettuce and see if my stomach will handle that better.

Hope everybody has a nice Sunday.
  • Girls, I try not to think of how long it will take me to reach goal. Without a miracle I'll never get there. .I just want to weigh loss than I do today.

Today is the first day I've had a full day of eating since Thanksgiving. I might actually have a bump up on the scale tomorrow.
  • Carol Sue, I try not to think about how long it will take me to reach goal if I ever do. I just don't want to actually gain weight. Every loss these days is a blessing.

I ended up with 1272 calories and carbs less than 100. Not even thinking about low carb or net carbs right now. I just want to get through this month as best as I can without gaining weight if at all possible. I'm finding that I fill up quicker than I used to so I may have to not worry about calorie counting on MFP because I actually think I could get by on a lot less calories than 1000 at least some days.

It is just 8:25 and we are watching Cowboys game, but I'm already getting sleepy.
  • Scale is up.1 to 180.0. The 179.9 didn't seem real yesterday. I am going to test today but I am only on day 8. I still have a headache and I'm stuffy and achy.

Trish,I didn't understand when you said you lose 10 lbs a month. I think you meant something else.
  • I tested positive again. I read that if you test positive you should not continue to test. After 5 days you should wear a mask for up to 10 days. Even if you test positive or have symptoms you are no longer contageous. I don't know if I believe that but it says you can test positive for weeks afterwards. I don't think they really know. Everything you read is different.

I ate and now I feel better.
  • Carol Sue You are right I meant 10 lbs a year. I hope you feel better soon.

Weight this mornng 182.8 and FBG 102. I am going back on WW combining SF/Purple plan. I did good on WW before and hope I will be able to do so again. I hope to get scale moving downward again by using mostly 0 point foods. I will probably do that with a 2 meal day most days. No more tracking on MFP because I don't want to have to eat 1000 calories if I'm not hungry. Tracking will be on paper. I think I can even do this with a minimum amount of carbs and do mostly lowfat rather than total FF. May have to count those pts but it is doable.

I had 2 eggs, 1 sl bacon (pts), 1 sl SLMG toast ((pts) and mandarin oranges and coffee with FF creamer. I'm cooking fish and 0 pt veggies but no salad. My stomach is not feeling well today.

Have nice day everybody.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    It has been a very good eaing day. Still experiencing indigestion but hope it will settle as I continue to move away from all the fatty foods. Not having to track on MFP has helped me stay within 5 hr eating window. We go to Walmart tomorrow and I will get more WW friendly foods.

Carol Sue, I hope you are feeling better.
  • I think I feel better today but I always,feel better in the morning but feel worse as the day goes on. I'm tires of coughing and congestion.

I had another surprising drop on the scale,down to 178.8. I am still tracking on MFP but I haven't been up to 1000 calories since 11/27. I don't total anything out. The highest I've been is around 700. I don't know when my appetite will come back.