Suddenly September: September 2022 Check-in & Accountability Thread

• Happy September, everyone! All are to the September 2022 daily weigh-in/check-in. This is our monthly neighborhood block party so welcome back to the regulars, and please make yourself known and comfortable if you've been reading but not posting. We'd love to have you here! Know that on this thread you will find support, encouragement, and endless kindness.

With the days getting shorter, the leaves turning and the temps getting cooler (in some places!) it's time for a check-in with yourself. So how are things going? Have you had a good summer? I'm sure that there have been challenges and successes for all of us. Maybe you've been on a roll and want to keep the momentum going? Good on you! Keep it up. Maybe you're
    thinking, "How can I find momentum when I can't even get started?" Got it. Or maybe you're like me and can successfully string together 2 or 3 days, or even a whole week of healthy eating and exercise only to hit a bump in the road and begin again. That's okay too. There is much to be learned from persistence. So as we usher in a new month, take some time to think about where you are with your healthy goals and where you want to be. And take pride in every incremental goal/success/achievement. Stop underplaying them and telling yourself they don't matter because they do and they add up.

Sending and well wishes as we all make our way through September.
  • Curvy: Thank you for continuing the thread! The cooler weather you mention has finally made it to upstate NY and I’m so excited about it! Best of luck achieving your goals this month!

I didn’t make my goal last month and actually went in the wrong direction for the last week of August. Not sure what the fluctuation was all about (I imagine it was water retention-related for whatever reason), but I’ve continued measuring and tracking my intake. I also learned that I am gluten intolerant, so that’s been an adjustment. I’ll be experimenting in the kitchen this weekend with cloud bread and homemade mayonnaise. Keeping the same goal for September that I set for August.

SW: 246.6
    GW: 235.0

Week 1:
    9/1: 246.6
    9/2: 244.2 (-2.4)
    9/3: 240.5 (-3.7)
    9/4:
    9/5:
    9/6:
    9/7:
    Total for week 1:
    Total for September:

Week 2:
    9/8:
    9/9:
    9/10:
    9/11:
    9/12:
    9/13:
    9/14:
    Total for week 2:
    Total for September:

Week 3:
    9/15:
    9/16:
    9/17:
    9/18:
    9/19:
    9/20:
    9/21:
    Total for week 3:
    Total for September:

Week 4:
    9/22:
    9/23:
    9/24:
    9/25:
    9/26:
    9/27:
    9/28:
    Total for week 4:
    Total for September:

Final days:
    9/29:
    9/30:
    Total for final days:
    Total for September:
  • I'm the same weight as the beginning of the month, but I feel like I lost 100-lbs-- I'm going back to my old job at the college and couldn't be happier about it. Current role isn't a good fit and I'm looking forward to returning to a very fulfilling role (and one that is mostly remote and allows more flexibility with my time).

Today's weigh-in was 240.5. I was able to get out for a 60-minute walk with Loki-- it was wonderful! It's delightfully crisp outside, highs in the 60s and down into the low 40s at night. It's my favorite time of year!

I hope everyone is having a good September!!!
  • It looks like prioritizing protein and getting out of the house for a long walk with Loki has really helped the last couple of days. I’m sure a big part of this is just water weight whooshing at the end of shark week, but hey—I’ll take it!!!

SW: 246.6
    9/21: 240.1
    GW: 235.0

Week 4:
    9/22: 241.3 (+1.2) SW
    9/23: 242.0 (+0.7) SW
    9/24: 240.5 (-1.5)
    9/25: 238.7 (-1.8)
  • Thanks dear