3 Healthy Snacks

• 1. Apple Slices and Almond Butter

If you need something sweet and savory, slice up some apples and bring a bit of almond butter with you to dip it in. The fresh nutrients, carbs, protein and healthy fats all balance each other for a complete snack. You’ll feel full and energized, rather than weighed down and sluggish. This snack will ward off hunger until you get home from the beach and can make a meal. Look for raw, unsalted and/or no-sugar-added almond butter to keep it healthy.

2. Veggie Sticks and Hummus

If you’re looking for something with a little crunch or something you can dip, try veggie sticks and hummus. Carrots or celery sticks provide you with lots of vitamins and nutrients, and are low in calories, so you get the crunch you need without loading up on greasy chips. The hummus provides a healthy fat from chickpeas and olive oil that you can feel good about dipping your veggies into.

3. Frozen Bananas

If you are want a creamy, frozen treat and have a super cold beach-side cooler, try bringing frozen bananas. Frozen bananas help you replenish your electrolytes after sweating in the sun all day and are also sweet to satisfy any sugary ice cream cravings. Peel them first and store them in a water-proof container, so you can simply grab a banana from the cooler and cool down with your fresh, frozen treat.
  • try something new like self loving life style.
  • I appreciate you providing this important information to us.
  • Thanks for the info! Although I'm not much of a snacker, this was helpful.
  • Frozen bananas is my go to snack.
  • Healthy snacks
    Sometimes a big glass of unsweetened almond milk or big spoonful of non-fat Greek yogurt will take the edge off especially if I feel like I'm going to bed hungry. You are all an inspiration. Thank you for your helpful suggestions.

Tags

fruits, low fat, snacks