Maintainers' Ongoing Chat

You're on Page 3 of 22
Go to
  • Quote: I hope your recovery has continued, Alice!

Dagmar, I'm glad your DH got through the funeral.

And Bill, good for you getting through the storm, although from what I hear it wasn't as bad as predicted?

Watched the Super Bowl last night. Pretty good game--I was sorry that the Bengals lost, but Rams did the better job. The halftime show didn't appeal to me, but evidently lots of people liked it. Oh well! Could it be that it's not about me?
    JayEll Glad you stopped by. I don't watch football but, since there was a big todo on Fb about the half time show, I viewed it on Youtube yesterday. I'm not a fan of hip hop/rap. To me it's a guy yelling over a big loud beat. Ho hum. The half time show was, again IMO, very sexist and quite mediocre. I did like the band, considering what they played, and the stage set was interesting. One woman on Fb said something like "it was amazing! If you didn't like it you have no joy in your life".

I beg to differ.

Dagmar
  • So the CDC says healthy people no longer need to wear masks indoors. Thank goodness. Maybe all the mask enforcers can relax now.

A couple of those 6 pounds I lost have crept back on, which is typical. I have no plans about this.

Hope you're all doing well!
  • Spent yesterday shoveling the foot of snow and the followup rain and sleet. Felt good. I'd just gotten the OK from my doctor that my heart was "Normal" so I was determined to put out the effort to show that it still worked.

Unfortunately, the word "Normal" sends me off to ponder: Normal for a male? For a guy my age? For a man who weighs what I weigh? Definitely not "normal" for a high school football player which I once was.

Would rather we import poutine from Canada than truck protests, but it seems like we're about to have our very own truck protest in Washington, D.C.

Yes, may you all be well. With or without masks. Or whatever.
  • Quote:
    Would rather we import poutine from Canada than truck protests, but it seems like we're about to have our very own truck protest in Washington, D.C.
    re the importing and re the truck protest. Ours was a mess and any message these people (who IMO were pawns in a political game) were trying to get out was lost.

Dagmar
  • Getting my annual physical finally, after a 2 year pause due to COVID. I'm sure I will be fine but I do need a hip x-ray (self-diagnosed sacroiliac joint problem that I'd like to check) and my weight is up. Nothing like finally getting on the scale to confirm why my pants are all too tight.

Dagmar
  • Our truck protest pretty much fizzled. Overshadowed by the real suffering of the people in Ukraine. What a crazy world we live in these days.
    I'm still under 130 but creeping up. I've been able to do more steps at home without getting my knee sore. In a couple of weeks I might try a real (but short) hike. Time to start burning those calories again!!

Dagmar, good luck with the physical.
  • I'm going to officially be a senior citizen after this weekend. Since many of our COVID protocols have been lifted I'm dragging DH out to celebrate. Dinner and then a live set of music tonite and we're going to go see "The Batman" tomorrow afternoon.

We are also having some warm weather this weekend and daylight savings time will "spring" forward in a couple of week. I will then rejoin the land of the living and be awakened by Natalie at 4:30 a.m. rather than 3:30. This means I might be able to stay up past 9 p.m. on some nights.

Dagmar
  • Welcome to the world of "senior citizen." Expect to now have all younger folks speak slowly and loudly to explain in simple terms that which you've known for decades, LOL.
  • Quote: Welcome to the world of "senior citizen." Expect to now have all younger folks speak slowly and loudly to explain in simple terms that which you've known for decades, LOL.
    I'm kind of liking how everyone gives me their seat. Calling me "sweetie" and "dear" not so much. Hoping to get some of the young'uns to show me how to do stuff on my phone!

Dagmar
  • Happy birthday, Dagmar! Does this mean you'll be eligible for a government pension? I don't know how Canada works.

Alice, glad to hear your progress continues! You'll be out there in no time. Wish I was under 130! (Oh... but I don't think I ever weighed under 130, even as a young adult. Ha!)

Bill, so true! It's like some people assume elders are both deaf and addled. (On the other hand, many are! Just... not me.)
  • Quote: Happy birthday, Dagmar! Does this mean you'll be eligible for a government pension? I don't know how Canada works.
    I will get the basic minimum old age pension since I paid in the minimum as a self-employed person all these years. Don't know how much because they don't tell you. Or at least they said they can't tell me. Our neighbour found out his amount no problem. Wait and see for me I guess. I won't be able to retire anyway so it's not a huge deal.

Dagmar
  • Sad day yesterday. We had to have out dog euthanized. It was very sudden - she was out for her normal activities on Sunday - but she passed quickly with us at her side. I took a couple of days off work to cry but will be going back tomorrow. I'm going to leave all of Trixie's things around the house for now. Too sad to put them away.

Dagmar
  • Sending hugs and warm thoughts to both you humans and the memory of Trixie.

So good to hear that you're allowing yourself to mourn.
  • So sorry to hear, Dagmar! And so suddenly... that's hard to take.
  • Quote: So sorry to hear, Dagmar! And so suddenly... that's hard to take.
    Thank you. Trixie's death was a shock but it was a much easier way for her to go quickly like that. I have watched clients dogs decline slowly (some over a period of several years) and undergo all sorts of often painful and uncomfortable medical treatments. I'm kind of glad Trixie didn't have to suffer long.

Dagmar