Let's Get to Goal Weight 2022

You're on Page 8 of 19
Go to
  • May 1. I wasted the first 4 months of the year. I did not really set my mind to it. This has to change starting today. My main problem is popping food mindlessly into my mouth. One bite won't hurt, but those bites add up and lead to more bites. I will stop and think "Do I really want to eat this?" Something I used to do in the past "If I don't eat this the scale might show a loss in the morning.". I need to start doing that again.

​Kstrong, I used to be a heavy social drinker. Never at home. Over the years I've started so many meds that say No Alcohol I just don't do it anymore. I've recently had a few hard seltzers, very light on the alcohol and also low carb, so I think this might be my new go-to. I used to really love getting a buzz! It never interfered with my weight because the next day I couldn't eat!
  • Hey gang!
    I made it 80.2 pounds!! I know it's a hair over 80, but I feel safe reporting it now. Isn't that kind of silly? "If I report it then I am sure to go back to 79.8." I am glad it's getting warmer and giving me excuses to get out more and do things in the yard, etc...
    KStrong I am looking forward to you saying the scale is moving down again!
    Wannabehealthy Don't beat yourself up too much! I do also do what you said about "if I don't eat this I might show a loss tomorrow." Sometimes our eating is more boredom, emotional and not actual hunger. It can relate!
  • Happy Mother's Day!

Carol - I used to/still do actually say that about what I eat now will be seen tomorrow. I could snack forever if I didn't make a plan each day. I still tell myself that I need to eat more after 4pm but I know I'm not hungry so I slap my hand away and go back to that first sentence. You are lucky that you can't eat after drinking adult beverages.
    L&L's Mom - Congrats on your new milestone! I thought I had already been in here to give you the rah rahs, but I think I lost the post or it didn't post.

WE ARE WORTH IT!
  • May 1. 186.6
    May 2. 186.2
    May 3. 185.2
    May 4 184.0
    May 5 185.2
    May 6. 187.0
    May 7. 187.0
    May 8 186.4

Huh! So I had a net loss of .2 so far this month. I think I was dehydrated the day of the 184. So I'm keeping going.

​​​​​L&L's mom, congrats on the 80.2!!

Happy Mother's Day all.
    I would be ecstatic to fit in a 12. I'm in a 14 most of the time now in pants but tops are bigger because I'm top heavy. Its back and belly fat, not the boobs!
  • Thanks KStrong and Wannabehealthy!! The 80 pounds seems to not be a fluke! I am a little lower today at 183.4.

KStrong I can't even imagine being a size 12. That is so awesome! I have a vague memory once when I weighed 225 and lost 50 pounds in my 20's before I had my son. I was down to 175 and didn't stay there long. That was the lowest adult weight I've ever been. Honestly it seemed like a minute. Really I mostly have been 250ish and the 225's were rare. My point being even at 175 I remember wearing the 14's and wanting to be smaller. I am still in the 16's but can now get into some 14's. It's truly a miracle it seems.

Wannabehealthy Keep hanging in there, those tenths of a pound start adding up!
  • Happy Thursday! I wish I was going to Happy Hour today.

Carol - Great job on having a net loss this month! I know how hard it is to even maintain.
    L&L's Mom - I just noticed your new avi. At least, I think it is new? It/y'all are so cute! So glad and happy for you that your 80 pounds gone is not a fluke! That is also great about the 14's. I think you have two inches on me in height so I bet it looks like me in the my 10's. I know you feel great!

• Kstrong, best wishes for the procedure. Sorry to hear you're going to have to give up your lifting. Hopefully you don't lose much of the progress you've made.

I really screwed up the past couple days. . 190 is getting too close for comfort.

May 01. 186.6
    May 02. 186.2
    May 03. 185.2
    May 04 184.0
    May 05 185.2
    May 06. 187.0
    May 07. 187.0
    May 08 186.4
    May 09, 185.6
    May 10 186.6
    May 11 186.0
    May 12. 187.2
  • I slept the evening away yesterday! One hour nap before dinner and 2.5 hour after dinner. I don't know what's wrong with me. I forgot to take magnesium for 2 days. Its easier to remember to take it at bedtime. I don't know if that's why. I still sleep when I go to bed. At least if I'm sleeping I'm not eating!

I have a short list for Walmart. I prefer to go in the morning. Around 10 am they are well stocked and its not crowded but I hate to go out twice in one day. Maybe we can eat dinner at home today. We are tired of fish now that Lent is over. I would love to get fish from Rene's. Its my favorite. But when we go in that direction we get rush hour traffic from Pittsburgh. People are in a hurry to get home on Friday and they drive like maniacs.

I'm waiting til 9 o'clock to get on the scale.
  • Thanks Carol! That is great that you can sleep so much.
    Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Kstrong, magnesium helps everyone sleep but me. I started out taking it at bedtime but I didn't sleep for 2 nights in a row but I was wired with tons of energy all day. Then when I stopped taking it I couldn't stay awake. I guess I'm not typical.
  • KStrong Hey! Yes the pic is new..thanks! It's from Mother's Day at church. My church does family pics for the moms each year. Sorry about your toe but glad it wasn't too bad that you couldn't get out and walk. Best wishes for the outpatient procedures. Even though you won't be able to lift or use the stairs I still feel your calories are what is most important with weight loss and maintenance. Maybe you can just get more walking in and that will help you mentally thinking you are doing something physical?

I know you are super happy to be 168!
  • Hi All,

My weight is moving slowly but surely. I am down to 288.8! I had been drinking about 4 or 5 days a week up until this week. I drink hard seltzer so not sugar and keto approved but I think it was really slowing the process. So cutting down slowly which is a whole other story. Glad to be under 290. 30 pounds down!
  • Hello, everyone! I'm so glad to see that this forum is still going. I've always been more successful when I could come here and record. Guess it's kinda like journaling, reflecting, etc.

SW on April 29, 2022: 231.9
    CW: 231
    GW: 195

Total pounds lost: 0.9
    Pounds to go: 36

April 29: 231.9

May 6: 231
    May 13: 231
    May 20: 229.7
    May 27: 225.7

June 3: 227
    June 10: DNW
    June 17: DNW
    June 24: 231

July 1:
    July 8:
    July 15:
    July 22:
    July 29:

August 5:
    August 12:
    August 19:
    August 26:

September 2:
    September 9:
    September 16:
    September 23:
    September 30:

October 7:
    October 14:
    October 21:
    October 28:

November 4:
    November 11:
    November 18:
    November 25:

December 2:
    December 9:
    December 16:
    December 23:
    December 30:

Final Weight:
  • Hi all!

Just checking in, I wish this site was more active, but am glad at least this thread is somewhat active. I last posted 8 days ago and as always I can tick up a pound or two due to too many carbs, sodium or the level of fiber for the day. Now I am down from my last official posting. Today it was 183.2, officially making it 80.8. It still sort of blows my mind. I haven't weighed this since the 1990's, before my 27 year old was born!!

Buttercup A super big CONGRATS on the 30 pounds! I think cutting back on those drinks is a great idea. Do you count calories as well? I always think each day what do I want to spend my calories on? Is it a KIND ice cream bar or will it be maybe an homemade iced coffee or something? I have approximately 1800 calories a day and I pick what I really want to eat within that range.

sgregg Welcome! I totally agree that coming here helps tremendously. I say the same thing it lets you get your thoughts out and we get support and encouragement from each other. Looking forward to seeing your progress!
  • Hey, it's me again, where is everyone?
    KStrong I hope your medical procedures went well and you are doing fine!
    It's been 10 more days and I am down to 181.8, officially 82.2 pounds! I recently had some great reactions to my weight loss. My daughter has taken dance now for 14 years and each year there is a recital in May. One of the moms and one of the employees of the studio commented that they could tell I lost weight. The lady from the studio was so sweet, she said "you look amazing." Of course then it's "how did you do it?" (like what is the big secret)? I don't think most really want to hear that it's daily counting those calories and trying to be more active.
    Have a good weekend!