Let's Get to Goal Weight 2022

You're on Page 2 of 19
Go to
  • L&L's Mom! You are doing fantastic!

My Friday to Friday loss was 1.8 pounds this week. A nice healthy loss and I'm happy to see it go along with the other water weight that I lost at the beginning. I've been on track for 11 days now.

Have a great weekend everyone and remember YOU ARE WORTH IT!
  • SW. 192
    CW. 190
    GW. 142

Pounds to go 48

I was down to 188 yesterday, but my weigh-in day is Friday, so Friday's weight it is!! I know weight fluctuates from day to day.

Kstrong, low carb works best for me, too. Like you, I LOVE sandwiches, so bread is a real weakness for me. I use Sara Lee Delightful which is a little lower in calories/carbs than regular bread. I tried Keto bread from Aldi's but I don't like it. I have to like what I eat. There are so many carbs in the house because of DH. Some, like sweets, I can avoid, but the bread, potatoes and pasta are very difficult. Once I take the first bite my body wants MORE. It was easier when I was single and lived alone. I didn't buy anything I shouldn't eat.

L & L's Mom, you have lost so well! I cannot lose on 1600 cals, but I haven't been exercising, which I know would help. I used to lose at 1500 cals but now it's closer to 1200. My goal is also a weight I haven't seen since my 30s. I would never dream to weight that again and really, I'd be happy at 150. But I know if I'm consistant it's possible to reach 140, so I'm going for it.

Momtopands, we have the same 1 lb a week goal, which I feel is doable. If I set my goal too high I'm doomed to failure.

Flower1, congratulations on reaching goal. I agree it's best to continue posting in order to maintain.

• Thanks so much KStrong and Wannabehealthy!! It doesn't seem to be a fluke and the weight loss continues. It is funny our bodies work. Sometimes it seems to fall off and then other times it's hard fought to get them off. I have been battling anxiety so that is a part of it. It does affect my appetite lately. I am eating but I don't need to eat as much to feel full. You both are doing great as well!
  • Scale is still at 190 this morning. I hope to drop some more fluid and get to 187 by Friday to catch up to my pound a week goal. I am determined not to mess up this time!
  • Carol - Great attitude! That always happens to me on the official weigh in days. Or even at the first of the month. I always seem to weigh more. I keep a running spreadsheet that shows the week to week for each day just so I'll feel better.

L&L's Mom - So sorry to hear about the anxiety. I have been really trying to keep mine in check, but some days are harder than others. I try to keep remembering that I can only control what I can control.
  • KStrong Thanks for your constant support! You are right about reminding ourselves about what we can and can't control. My mind sometimes worries in advance if that makes sense? I can't keep worrying about things that haven't happened and probably won't. It robs us of today worrying about the future. When I read you don't have to tell me to eat enough since I am always telling you that... that made me laugh out loud!! I am glad you won't under eat to get the scale moving faster. It really does make sense to do it the right way.

Wannabehealthy Hang in there, I know you will do great!
  • Everyone, thanks for the support with my goals! I am starting this year determined to succeed!

loganandlivsmom: Anxiety is such a hard thing to deal with and I also struggle with it too. You are not alone, just keep going and you will get there!

KStrong: Congrats on the lowest weight so far and much praise for walking in spite of the outside cold! I started walking again this past week too and boy was Wednesday windy and cold but I'm determined!

Wannabehealthy: Keep up that posivite mindset and you will get there!

I weigh everyday and today I am down a total of 7lbs since Jan 1st! I know much of this is water weight, and I also started taking a medication that kills my appetite so I am trying to focus on eating the right things and enough food each day. Also this is the first weekend I have experimented with intermittent fasting. Since I work overnights on the weekends I have decided to stop eating during the shift. I do drink water all night, but I have found that I eat way too much for meals and too many unnecessary snacks all night. This weekend I ate right before the start of the shift and not again until I got home for breakfast. So far it has had positive effects and I found I wasn't hungry at all! There were snacks there but I would only have eaten them for something to do, not because I was actually hungry! I am going to keep this up and see how it goes!
  • Momtopands, you are making great progress! My scale weight is creeping down by tenths of a pound but down is down.
  • L&L's Mom - I'm glad you got a laugh out of that. Since we are about the same age, I think of you as a sister and not a mother, but I always appreciate you looking out for me. I do the same thing with the pre-worrying. I am always over analyzing everything. I have to mentally slap my hand away from those thoughts, but it is a hard habit to break.

Momtopands - on losing the 7 lbs since Jan 1st! That is awesome. I practice IF also and it has really helped me keep my calories in check.

Carol - Those tenth pounds add up so look at those week to week numbers to see what a great job you are doing! I had some of those last week and the week to week always makes me feel better.

I'm still chugging along. I've been on plan for a consecutive 14 days now and I feel so much better!

Have a wonderful week everyone!
  • Day 1 -oh boy
    Here I go again! Hi everyone. Is it okay if I join this group? Today was day 1 of my renewed journey. How on earth did I slide so badly?? Anyway, better to try than not. You all sound like you're doing an amazing job. I will try and catch up on stories asap, but keep up the good work!
  • Momwannabe! I've done my share of sliding over the years and many times I went completely off the cliff. The trick is to climb back up and never quit trying to succeed!
  • Thanks, KStrong! Yesterday was a good day, and I think I made good choices today even though I didn't really restrict calories.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • KStrong You are right we are about the same age yet my mama stuff comes out anyway. LOL I had a thought about my pre worrying and it brought back memories of when my son was a baby. Even when he was a newborn I was thinking how will he get to and from half day kindergarten? LOL Boy, once a worrier always a worrier I guess. Somehow he is 26 and successful and well adjusted even with a worrier mom.

momwannabe Of course you are welcome! I bet all of us have lost and gained soooo many times!! I know I have!

momtopands Congrats on the weight loss and thanks for your kind words. Anxiety sucks for sure!

wannabeheathy All those tenths of a pound add up like KStrong said. You've got this!
  • Hi All,
    I joined this forum long ago when it was super active. Unfortunately I gained all my weight back + some being the biggest I've ever been at 312 currently. It is my 6th day on keto- wish I'd had weighed before but it sounded depressing and it was! Sooo, here we go again.

CW- 312lbs.
    GW- 220lbs.
  • ButterCup: I hear you. I am also starting again....again. I have just touched 200 pounds (or more than 90kgs in my measurements) - puke! But here we are again, so let's do this! Hoping to lose 20kgs this year. Don't laugh - I can dream!! You've got this! Let's go!