December 2021 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 13 of 19
Go to
  • Good morning
    Ciecie, may you have a wonderful trip to Iowa!!!

Had fun playing scrabble last night with hubbie and friends. Lots of good food; probably ate too much.

• Good morning again! Thanks Rachel! I will! Power walked to breakfast. A friend had finished eating and paid her bill shortly before I was done. She asked if I wanted a ride somewhere. I told Katie I needed to go to Tops, a supermarket chain in this part of NYS. I needed to get The Buffalo News. I needed to cut articles on The Buffalo Bills for my brother. Resumed working on my laundry when I got home. Will take a load out of the dryer and put another in a few minutes. 🎅🏻😷☃️😁❤️🌲🤶
  • December 2021
    Good Morning!

CieCie: Yes, have a safe trip! Jurassic Park is on tv.

Thanks for the tips, Health!

Nancy: Yeah, there is something to be said for listening to your body...if you can figure out what it is telling you...

Rachel: SCRABBLE TIP: I discovered that you can look up scrabble words on the net, I mean like you can find words, say that end in v...etc. I think it is pretty useful... Woo Woo!

I biked yesterday and did the efflexor for 10 minutes... And I did some exercises. Diet was okay except for 2 orange cookies and a jr. frosty. I weighed in and I am down another half pound... Little by little, inch by inch, pound by pound...so it goes... I think, I think, it is easy come...difficult it goes...

I did a little cleaning this am. I wish I could say that I accomplished a lot more...
  • Good evening! Am at my gate in Chicago. First flight was was pleasant and uneventful. 😁🤶🎅🏻😷🌲☃️❤️
  • Hi Everyone!

Ciecie Enjoy your visit.

I wanted to give another update on Ms. Connie. She is doing better and gaining strength. Thank you for your prayers.

Not the best day, eating wise. The church family brought treats and snacks to church today. I nibbled on stuff, too. My total calories for the day were about 2000 and I did a 45 minute walk.

Have a Blessed evening!
  • Good evening
    Just a fly by tonight
    Diana thank you for the update on Miss Connie!
    cieice, what part of Iowa?

WI same as yesterday
    WO my nap........calories oopsy
  • Good morning
    I've been caving in to too high of sugar and fat foods......Christmas goodies.....chocolate, nuts, too much cheese, & buttery things,etc. I'm paying for it in not feeling my best, mentally and physically. Will exercise today and pay more attention Note: I really do much better when I have my list of goals in my Today's Plan. Probably need to start that back up soon.
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Rachel Hang in there. This time of year is really tough. I can think I've got a handle on things and then someone brings some type of goodie.

Nancy A nap for a workout sounds good.

Steps from yesterday: 9,035

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

December 20

Revelation 3:21
    'To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.'

Gramps promised Kathy that if she would lose forty pounds by Christmas, he would take her to Bermuda with him. Kathy could hardly wait for Gramps to see her. She'd topped out at fifty-three pounds lost, and had a note from her doctor as documented proof. At first, she never thought she'd make it, but a lot of prayers, sweat, tears, and sacrifice had made it come true. She had never worked so hard for anything in her life. Even without the trip, she felt she'd received reward enough, but she planned to hold Gramps to his promise, anyway.

Today's thought: I'd rather be overjoyed than overweight!
  • December 2021
    Good Morning!

CieCie: Wish I had wings...

Diana: Yeah...it is easy to be caught off guard. I wish I did not know about that... Glad to hear Ms. Connie is hanging in there...

Rachel: I eat unsalted nuts and a little bit of chocolate (dk. chocolate covered almonds) as a part of my daily regime. I am not caught off guard by these items...but unfortunately there is always "something else" to surprise me...and I am not at a normal weight, so who know what I might need to give up to get there... ...I am impressed by what you have been able to do...

Diet was okay yesterday. I did eat two cookies. I had a moment of "weakness" on Saturday when I bought a pack of cookies and a pie... The cookies are all gone...I shared... I think, I can handle the pie...

No exercise. I am down a tad.

I read that the people who participated in those biggest loser, low calorie, high exercise programs lost a lot of weight, but their metabolism really slowed down and it never recovered...
  • Good morning,
    today is day 14, I have managed to stay POP for 2 weeks, with the exception of alcohol on Fri and Sat. I counted carbs and did go over 20 grams but not as bad as it could have been. Down 8 lbs, happy with that, been packaging up 2 gram carb bags of snacks to take with me as I will be out of town for the next 2 weeks. A challenge to my program but I am committed, I won't have a scale to weigh in daily so I need to see a good surprise when I get back home. I thought of bringing it but I have way too much other stuff to pack for the trip. Mine is a heavy glass WW scale and I have enough odd things to pack- hand mixer, Skinny pasta, etc

Busy week, I have my lists of what to do before I leave, what to pack, etc, 2 1/2 hour drive tomorrow, oh I should pack a book to read too, list is getting longer.
    Off to run errands and buy that mixer to leave at DBF house, so I can make souffle for dinner
  • No weight change this week. I had buffet yesterday.

nancy..safe travels to your in-laws. Are you still doing the rock painting?

ciecie..safe travels. Was the plane packed?

Gone Astray..congrats on 8 lbs! What book are you reading?

Diana..glad to know Ms. Connie is doing better. How big is your church?

Teri..what pie do you like? I read most of the biggest loser gained their weight back. the cause of weight gain is not simply calorie in and calorie out, that’s the easy part. Sometimes there are deeper reasons like depression and emotional eating. If you don’t fix those issues, you can’t lose weight long term.

Rachel..hang in there. do you have those cravings at a certain time of the day? My weakness is before bed time.
  • Good morning! Yangtzer, second flight was packed. First wasn’t. Really slept in. 😁🎅🏻😷☃️🌲❤️🤶
  • Good day to everyone!
    WI same for the past 3 days...so I guess this is good???
    WO yep made it to the gym, 25 min @ 4.6 mph on the treadmill and 10min @ 3.5mph
    Then weight training, today's focus was legs

Yangtzer, I really don't do much in the way of rock painting anymore. But I am painting on canvases now and I take my 'traveling rock painting bag' with me when I know we will hike near a river and DH will be otherwise occupied.
    I actually met up with a woman on another forum and she lives in a tourist town in Maine. Over the summer I mailed her 6 mandala canvases 12x12 and 6 - 12" round mfd boards painted to hang in a few galleries. I was excited when I sold two of them. They are currently in the towns city hall up for sale.

Gone Astray I think you are doing so great on watching those carbs. Never an easy thing. I did that for several years and yes I lost some weight but I could not stay on the low carb for my lifestyle. I missed my fruit too much. I did ok leaving off bread and pasta.

Teri that was not a moment of weakness with the sweets, you and I both like a little sweet and any thing in moderation is not bad for you!

Rachel, I am seriously thinking of buying scrabble to play when family is over EXCEPT, I have an older brother that wipe us out LOL. I do better with games of chance with him around.

• Good evening! Just relaxing at my brother’s! 😁🌲🎅🏻🤶☃️😷❤️
  • Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1710 calories +

Breakfast ( 310 calories & )
    Frittata
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    veggies 60
    14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
    juice equivalent to 60 calories
    coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (320 Calories)