November 2021 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 9 of 18
Go to
  • Good night all! Went for two power walks today. Too cold to go for a third one. Did get a lot accomplished, though. 😁🍀😷❤️
  • Good work so far!
    Hi,

Just wanted to say good job to everyone who is actively trying to lose weight. i know it's a struggle. Keep it up
  • Good morning! Welcome to the group jebsmith! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁🍀😷❤️
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Welcome Jebsmith!

Steps from yesterday: 8,386

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your week!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

November 15

Luke 1:49

'For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.'

Al sat in his chair, looking around the living room at all the people he loved so much. Six months ago, he had almost died of a heart attack. Today he was forty pounds trimmer and a whole lot healthier. He had so much to be thankful for. God had been so good to him. He never realized how much life meant to him until he almost lost it. Now he found it wasn't that hard to watch his diet and his blood pressure. It was worth it. God had done great things for Al. The least he could do was take good care of himself. After all, he had a great family that he planned to enjoy into his old, old age.

Today's thought: Life is a gift from God that I have no right to abuse!
  • Good morning again! Had breakfast. Will finish bagging up the trash in a few minutes. Will be leaving to go to the lab behind the local hospital in a few minutes. Need to have another urine test. 😁🍀😷❤️
  • November 2021
    Good Morning!

Rachel: A friend of mine has discovered a clowder of cats in her neighborhood that someone is tending. The group is steadfast at 20. She is so pleased to have some furry friends around.// I made another "doll" house" for my cats from a cardboard box (that contained pee pads for dogs...) My boy has discovered it. I need to play with both of my cats to get them interested.//I resume Scrabble with another friend of mine. We talked about our friend who passed away. She was the best Scrabble player until just a couple of years ago... I thought about doing Scrabble in Spanish or French. I never studied Spanish, but I know words like taco, burrito, tostata, sopapia, gato...And I can use a dictionary. Alas, I don't have any takers... A lot of things have to do with willingness and belief in yourself...

CieCie: Hope you feel better soon! TJ's has this unsweetened cranberry juice (no other juices). It is really potent, even when you water it down...

Rachel: It is really difficult to pitch out certain sweets...or give them away...

Hi JebSmith!

No cardio over the weekend, but I exercised. I slipped up and ate some mint thin oreos. Nancy, I guess you know about them Oreos...I lost track of the number consumed. (Not good.)
  • Hello chicks!
    WI about the same just under 150, <sigh> guess the days of lower weight are gone for the holidays
    WO only did 30 min on the treadmill and some compound weight lifting today. Just wasn't feeling it so I cut it short.

Today I am returning some items to JoAnn fabrics and this afternoon I am going to go with DH for an estimate in a nearby town.
    We are under a high wind warning today, and I am looking out my office window watching these very very tall evergreens swaying....I am so glad evergreens have long tap roots so they do not topple easily.
  • Hi all! Got home earlier then expected. Went for a brief power walk and ran errands after I got home. Had lunch. Will go for another power walk in a few minutes. 😁❤️😷🍀
  • Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1180 calories +

Breakfast ( 310 calories & )
    Frittata
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    veggies 60
    14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
    juice equivalent to 60 calories
    coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (320 Calories)
    2 Siggi's yogurts 220 calories
    Banana 100 calories

Dinner (550 Calories)
    grilled salmon 300 calories
    sauteed veggies 150 calories
    yasso yogurt pop 100 calories

Exercise:
    1 hour walk

Have a Blessed evening!
  • Good night all! Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. 😁❤️😷🍀
  • Good morning
    Teri, I'm so glad someone is tending to the "clowder of cats." What a great term. They'll have food this winter then. Bless their hearts........the caregivers and the clowder. I am happy to hear that you resumed Scrabble. Have i ever mentioned that my husband and I have a perpetual game going on. We each make a move whenever we have time, whenever it is our turn. We've been doing this for about a year now.

Nancy, I say you got a decent workout in, even though you said you cut it short!

I took in 1300 yesterday, No workout.

Today's Plan: 1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, vit/min/cal supp., recumbent bike, some weights, sit-ups
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Not sleeping well, again. Stuff going on with my church family and it makes me sad.

Steps from yesterday: 13,001

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

November 16

Psalm 146:1, 8
    Praise ye the Lord, Praise the Lord, O my soul. The Lord openeth the eyes of the blind: the Lord raiseth them that are bowed down: the Lord loveth the righteous.

Dick couldn't believe everyone was against him. First, his wife started making comments about his weight. Next, it was his doctor. Now, his friends at the office. He looked the same as he always did. Why was everyone picking on him all of the sudden? Maybe he had gained a little, but that was just normal spread for a middle-aged man. He'd never worried about weight before, and he sure wasn't planning to start worrying now. Sometimes we are too blind to see when we need to lose weight. Pride gets in the way, and we aren't honest with ourselves. Ask God to help keep ego out of the way, and He will open your eyes to see what needs to be done.

Today's thought: When it comes to weight, I won't kid myself!
  • Good morning! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁❤️😷🍀
  • November 2021
    Good Morning!

Rachel: That ongoing Scrabble game sounds interesting. How do you know when it is your turn?// I sorted through a container of cat stuff. I forgot about the catnip and catnip spray I have...so I used it on some of the cats stuff and they were much more calm around each other. I also forgot that I bought a Bach rescue remedy for stressed out animals. I will have to try that some time (on my cats...) The spray and the rescue remedy were not very expensive.//Oh, my cats eat Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Turkey feast. I was so happy to find something they would eat. ...I think the gravy is the secret...

Diana: So sorry you are feeling sad about your church friends...There is so much to be sad about...

Nancy: Stay away from those big swaying branches of those people-eating trees.

No cardio yesterday. I just did not get to the gym. I did do some exercises at home. Diet was okay except for 3 lime wafer cookies. I think, I think, my diet was great last month and it is good this month... fingers crossed...
  • Good morning again! Diana, will be praying that things improve for your church family. Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 😁🍀😷❤️