Ideal Protein Fall 2021 Chat Thread (Oct-Dec)

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Way to go ladies!!!

My Week 5 result…
    Lost 4.1 lbs!!!
    I’m in the next “decade” down!

And I was debating whether to weigh weekly 🤦‍♀️
    I’ll keep the weekly weighing.
  • Hi Liz, Must feel good to be able to move around more easily now that you are healing from your surgery. For sure the 20 lbs loss will help with recovery! I still am/was an active runner before starting IP even at my heaviest weight, a good 6-8 km run was amazing for me. I'm not doing that now obviously but am excited to try again once I am lighter. I bet it will be easier/less pain afterwards.
    For my "fasting" in the AM I still have a coffee with a splash of milk early in the morning, usually around 7-8am. I know technically this breaks a fast, but I don't find it triggers hunger at all and I then enjoy my coffee with chocolate drink - mocha latte - around 10am. So maybe I'm not technically fasting but I am counting it lol! I figure in the end if when I phase off I can keep it up it'll help.
  • Woo hoo way to go RO!!! Nice week 5 result!
  • Good morning all,
    Had a day off work yesterday, it was Remembrance Day in Canada which is similar to your Veteran's Day. So it was a nice day off, kept busy with my hubby, shopping, spending some time together while the kids were at school.
    Kept on plan so that was good. Took a long hike with my dog and enjoyed that.
    Nothing much new today, feeling good, staying on plan, officially hit 15lbs down, will see what Monday brings when I will be at 4 weeks complete. Was hoping to hit 20lb lost but 15+ I am happy with!
    Have a great day everyone.
  • Hey, hope you had a nice weekend.

Monday morning back at it, and feeling good as today marks 4 weeks complete of IP. Grand total weight loss after 4 weeks is 17lbs! Very happy with that. Getting very close to onederland which feels amazing.

Not much new with me, struggled a bit over the weekend with cravings. Not hunger at all, just cravings for the junk food/wine I was in the bad habit of consuming in the evenings. My kids (and hubby occasionally) still love to have treats at night so when they do it can be tough to be around! But staying tough and I am trying to mentally coach myself through those moments and remind myself that eating that way is terrible for my body and if I go back to that I will only find myself back in a position where I am not feeling good about myself.

Hope all is well with everyone. Have a great day!
  • This is awesome! ive felt so much better just getting out and moving.
  • Congrats, Tanga! 1 month and close to onederland - good for you!

Trying2befit - That’s great - those are the best feelings- feeling better and more energy.
  • I’m back from my quick vacation. Had a great, great time.
    And, I lost 2.5 lbs while on vacation.
    It was pretty easy to stay on plan as I’m committed to what I’m doing.
    week 6 started today. I didn’t weigh myself at the beginning so I don’t know my total loss but I don’t really much care as I’m just focused on getting to my goal.
  • That's amazing Ro to have had such a great loss while on vacation. And fantastic that you had such a great time away! I'm still hanging in there and trudging away, scale isn't moving much this week but my clothes are definitely fitting looser so I know things are changing. Hopefully I'll see the whoosh that we all love so much to see soon! I was hungry yesterday and a bit today so far so I've brought some extra boiled eggs to work with me. I also have a massage right after work tonight so I will be late getting home and eating dinner so those eggs will help stave off the hunger. Don't want my stomach growling while I'm trying to enjoy a massage!
    Have a great day everyone!

• Week 6 result in and lost another exact 2.5 lbs. in 3 weeks that’s exactly 9.1 lbs.
    I’m glad today was weigh in day because I have prepped my keto Thanksgiving and if I didn’t have weigh in today I may have partook in it early lol.
    It is a definitely a feast I’m planning for tomorrow but the key is just 1 keto day ( although I know I’ll be knocked out of ketosis) and then right back to Ideal Protein on Friday or possibly a fast day Friday and IP Saturday depending on how I feel. I’ll be very curious as to next Wed weigh in. I’m treating tomorrow as a referee day after 6 weeks of IP so thinking this could be a good disruption for my body as long as I stick to just one day.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
  • Hi Ro way to go, that's amazing! What a great weight loss, you are doing amazing. Happy Thanksgiving to you! Enjoy the keto food you are preparing, you might be surprised and not knocked out of keto.

I am sure things are busy with such a big holiday coming up. I hope Liz is doing well with her husband's surgery and recovery.

I am so thrilled with how things are going for me, I have had an amazing week despite not changing anything and have lost 6lbs in the last week! I am securely in one-derland now and determined to never be out of it again! I have had people start noticing my weight loss at work and might need to go down another size pants soon too. Very happy.

I am now going to be away on training for work for a week mid-December so I have modified my plan as I will not be able to cook at all and will have to eat what is supplied at the course. I will be staying in a hotel. I plan to phase off a bit that week and stay somewhat keto/IP as much as I can through the holidays. Hope to at least not gain and have a few very strict IP/fasting days in there to counteract some of the splurges I may indulge in. Then re-assess after Boxing Day and see how much longer I want to do Phase 1 for.

Hope you all have a great holiday!
  • That’s awesome, Tanga!!! Congratulations!!!

Here is a tip about traveling…you could do what I do and get protein powder and makes cakes or pudding or hot chocolate out of it to stay on plan. You could do 5 packs if you don’t have access to an IP compliant dinner and bring some vegetables along like celery or something, Just an idea if you wanted to keep going on IP that week.

Thanks for the positive words regarding my results. Yesterday was crazy because I made all this keto food but I wanted to just keep going on IP but guilted myself into eating keto because I made it. Today I am fasting and tomorrow I’ll be back to IP protocol and will be interested to see what the scale shows on Wed. The key was making it just one day and not consecutive days - I feel in control and didn’t let that open the door to another downward spiral. The biggest motivator is seeing pictures of myself and I don’t like what I’m seeing so I’m committed for the long haul.
  • So, I successfully executed my plan. I had my one day, Thanksgiving and then I fasted yesterday and back on IP today.
    I didn’t really enjoy the food on Thanksgiving- I wound up tossing out half my plate and didn’t bring home anything, not even to store in the freezer. I think that’s all attributable to my commitment to getting this weight off.
  • I lost exactly 3 lbs!!!
    I thought Thanksgiving could serve as a re-feed day after 6 weeks of IP and I was right. I’m sure fasting on Friday helped.
    This means I already hit my goal for December so it seems I am a month ahead of plan as I now have 31 days to hit the goal I set for myself for January.
    I have lost 12.1 pounds in the last 4 weeks.

I hope everyone is still going strong!
  • Way to go Ro! That is amazing that you are speeding through your goals so quickly. Feels so good I am sure. It sounds like your Thanksgiving plans went well and helped to give you a little boost.
    I have had a couple of days so far in my (almost) 7 weeks of indulging and I have noticed a similar boost afterwards also. Not to encourage cheating at all!
    I am still doing week, chugging along, excited to do my best over the next week and a half before I go away for the week for work. The more I think about it the more I think I will try to stay on plan while I am away. I am so happy with my progress I don't want to do anything to stall it. We'll see.
    Take care!