Atkins and Fitday

• I've seen some of you mention that you use FitDay to journal. I have a FitDay account and used it when I was doing Sugar Busters. How do you find it helpful to you if it doesn't record the correct amount of carbs. It tells you the total carbs....not the net carbs.
  • I do use the fitday. The total carbs are more than the net carbs. This is a benefit for me because I tend to try to overestimate, to keep from going over 20/day. I also overestimate on foods, if I only eat a portion of my eggs in the morning, I usually record the total amount I had on my plate. (I am trying to stop eating when I feel satisfied, rather than clean my plate and not waste like I was brought up). Better to eat too little than too much in my mind I guess!
  • You have to "request" fitday to track fibre for you as well...this will be in the upper information with the carbs/fat percentages and calories....then you simply mechanically subtract the fibre grams from your total carbs for the day to get the net carbs....it is not always exactly accurate (as it rounds up or down to 0) but it is a good indicator anyways!

Froufy
  • I didn't know that, Froufy. I'll have to check it out.
  • I use fitday and even though it rounds the carbs out, it really helps because I do have it set up to track fiber. I also am good about entering all my own foods too! It can be a pain at times, but I am not always that adventurous, so i eat the same stuff!
  • I use fitday too, what I do is adjust the carbs in the veggies as per Atkins and then I write in the title, carbs adjusted so I know.

I love Fitday, couldn't do this diet w/out it. I'm horrible at keeping track of anything lol.
  • Going back to change mine to add fiber too. Thanks for the info, the people on this site are invalueable!!!