August/September Daily South Beach Chat

You're on Page 6 of 6
Go to
  • Good evening!

MJMS- I'm so glad to hear the surgery went fine and your husband is doing good. I have used Monkfruit and I like it. To me I couldn't tell the difference between regular sugar and monkfruit except that is less sweet. DH used to use it in his coffee until he gave up sweets with his coffee altogether. I have also used it to bake and the boys didn't notice the difference.

I had a great weekend but I indulged too much, so not looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow. I'm also struggling to drink enough water.
  • Good morning, I can't believe that this month is almost over. I wake up feeling very positive this morning, I went for my morning walk and will be breaking my fast in 1 hour. Today, I need to go grocery shop and I'm planning on doing zone cleaning on the kitchen.

Let's have a great week!
  • Yikes! You are right, Muffin! September is just flying by! It is a beautiful day here, so we are going to get out for a walk after I post this. I think I need the sunshine and I KNOW I need the exercise. So far I am on plan today, but it is only 11:00! Well, that's better than some of the days lately have been. Just have to keep trying.

Muffin, thanks for your experience with the monk fruit. Next time I shop, I think I will buy some and give it a try. I'd like to try something that I could bake with as the cooler weather comes that is healthier than sugar. I hope your grocery trip was successful. Getting the kitchen straightened around always helps with my healthy eating, as does getting the junk out and buying more veggies. I tend to cook more when it doesn't look so daunting in there! I bet your zone is spotless now!

Have a sunshiny day everyone!
  • Happy Tuesday! I made myself hop on the scale this morning and it wasn't too bad. Still above my lowest weight a month ago but only by 1.2 pounds. I'll take it! I got 2 walks in yesterday. One early afternoon and one in the evening and my knees felt okay last night. Yay! It was such nice day here and I think today is supposed to be the same. I love the weather this time of year. I'm going to try to get at least one walk in today.

Muffin, I hope that you had a good day yesterday and that today is lovely, as well!

Anyone else reading, feel free to jump in and tell us about your South Beach Diet days, no matter what version of the plan you are following
  • Happy First Day of Fall! Wednesday already? Yikes! September is getting out of here fast! I weighed this morning and am down a little bit more. I need to drop .4 of a pound and then I will be at the low that I hit previously. It would be nice to be 170 or below by the end of the month, but that may be pushing it for me, seeing as I lose so slowly. But down a little sure is better than up! Our beautiful weather is over for the next couple of days. We have rain today and tomorrow. But you do need the rainy days to really appreciate the sunny ones. Nothing special planned except a follow up appointment for the hubby for his cataract surgery. I expect that it will go really well. He has done great with no pain or discomfort at all. What a miracle modern medicine is!

Hope everyone reading this has a great day today! Have an apple or maybe some squash or pumpkin spice to celebrate the start of the new season! Muffin!

• Friday! This was a fast week! The scale was down yesterday and bounced back up a bit today. Boo! But it is definitely water weight from too much salt. I feel it in my fingers, so water, water, water today. It is going to be a beautiful day here today. The sun is shining and it will be in the low 70's. My favorite kind of weather! I have a grocery pick up soon, but then I will make sure that I get out this afternoon. I need to move and can't miss this nice weather while it is here.

Muffin, I hope that you are doing well! Lisaward, too. Check in, if you can. And anyone else reading, let us know what your day is like today. I hope that it's a good one!
  • Good Sunday Morning! I got a lovely walk in yesterday. The weather is perfect and today is going to be a picture perfect day, too. So nice! I ordered a fall wreath for my front door that came yesterday and I really like it. It made me happy to hang it up and admire it. This one is just made up of fall colored leaves, no flowers or greenery, and it is nice and big. Yep, it puts a smile on my face. I hope my neighbors like it, too. Weight is holding here. My eating was a little sloppy yesterday but not too bad. Just not good enough to lose instead of maintain. I was kind of hoping to be in the next decade by the end of this month. I need to do more work than hoping, lol!

I hope everyone reading has a lovely Sunday! Stick to your eating and exercise plan and hopefully we will both be rewarded with a nice number on the scale!
  • Hello MJMS- I'm sorry I didn't post this week. I've been feeling overwhelmed with my diet. I felt I need it a break from journaling. Today I realized I didn't post here at all that was not my intention. I'm back and hopefully, I won't go MIA again.

This week I went for a walk on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. The weather in the morning was good but it rained pretty much every afternoon. I weigh in today and so far I'm down almost a pound from last week. I'm struggling to stay on plan, but I'm not eating too bad. I think I need to go back to PH1 or PH1.5 for a few weeks to keep my sugar demon under control again.

MJMS- I love Fall colors, I'm pretty sure your neighbors love your wreath too. I haven't done any Fall decor this year and for some reason, I don't feel like it. I don't know what is different this year but I'm not in the mood, that is weird because Fall and Winter are my favorite seasons. Were you able to take any good pictures today? I'm glad that your husband is recovering well.
  • Happy Monday! Well my weight is the same as yesterday. That's not going to get me to the next decade by the end of September, but I will keep trying to eat mindfully and move every day. Today should be another good day for a walk. Hopefully, the scale will get the hint!

Muffin! It was good to hear from you! I surely understand about taking a break. I haven't been posting every day, either. Sometimes you just need to step back for a bit. Hooray for you for the pound down and all your walking! It's hard to get into the swing of fall if the weather is not cooperating. We are getting some cooler days here and definitely cooler nights, so that helps the mood along.

That sugar demon is an evil thing! I have been letting some things creep into my pantry that aren't good lately. For example, I got some PopChips when I was really craving potato chips. They are slightly better nutrition-wise from a fat content standpoint, but the starch in them isn't good for the sugar cravings and they are salt bombs. I do need to take a deep breath and purge some things into the trash can instead of into me! If I am honest, a big part of the problem is that I don't want to get rid of them because I want to eat them sometimes more than I want to lose weight. Time to recommit!

Have a great day everyone! Feel free to post and respond, if you are reading this!
  • Steps from yesterday: 6,101
    Fasted 16.2hrs (4:30pm-8:45am)

Good morning, I took Muffin (the dog) for a mile walk this morning, the weather was super nice (68F) I weigh in this morning and I'm down .6 of a pound, not what I wanted but better than gaining. I'm still up 1lb from last month.
    For breakfast, I'm having oatmeal "cookies" (oatmeal, flaxseed, banana, and cinnamon) with black tea and a few blueberries. This morning I have a school appointment with the Gifted counselor and then I'm going grocery shop. I'm not sure what I'm having for lunch but probably will be stir fry veggies with leftover grilled chicken.

MJMS- I hope you had a good weekend!
  • Steps from yesterday: 11,380
    Fasted: 12hrs (7pm-7am)

Happy Tuesday! I slept all night but wake up feeling super tired and hungry I ended up having breakfast early this morning and I really want to go to bed but I won't do it. Now I'm just finishing my tea and then will be going for my morning walk. Today I need to run errands and hopefully some house cleaning.

MJMS- how are you doing?
  • Happy Tuesday to you too, Muffin! I am doing well. Didn't weigh today, though. I had a nice long walk yesterday afternoon at a lovely park not far from here with a lake and trails. We took lunch and had a little picnic there. It was nice! Sorry that you woke up tired. Maybe just a little catnap this afternoon after your walk, errands and chores? I think you would deserve it after accomplishing all that! Nice that you were down again yesterday! You are back on a roll!

Have a great day, today! We are getting some thunderstorms this afternoon so I better get moving now while the weather is looking good.
  • Good morning! yesterday was weird. I went for my mile walk and was very tired and sleepy throughout the day. In the afternoon I started to have foot pain near the pinky toe. A few years ago I had a similar pain on my other leg and I ended up with a stress fracture in that part. I don't remember doing anything to cause it this time so I'm not sure if it is the same thing. Today, I'm still feeling tired and I still have foot pain but not too bad. I decided to not go for a walk because I have a busy day today and don't want to make the foot pain worse.

I didn't run errands yesterday so I need to make sure I get that done today. For lunch I might have a salad and diner I'm not sure, DS1 has an Orchestra concert and fundraiser in the evening, so we will be eating at school.

MJMS- picnic at the park sound great and the perfect thing to do during Fall.
  • Last day of September! Wow. This month went by fast and yet slowly at times. It's another gorgeous day here. My weight is up a bit, but I know that it is sodium from some canned soup that I had last night. Not a great choice, but it seemed like a good idea at the time!

Muffin, I sure hope that your foot is feeling much, much better today. Hopefully it was just a cramp or something like that and it will be gone soon. I hate those days when I am just tired all day. It sounds like busy days with your boys with orchestra and the gifted program. Congratulations for raising such smart and talented boys! The way that the days are seemingly flying by, it won't be long before they are heading off to college.

Have a great day everyone!

Tags

weightlossmotivation