August 2021 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 2 of 19
Go to
  • Hey pals. Today I came across this amazing audiobook on Weight loss. The book suggests new habits that we all can undertake to help our journey without suffering.
    You can check out the bo
  • Good morning! Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. 😁🍀😷❤️
  • Good morning
    I took in 1560 calories yesterday, Too much salad dressing. My weight is up.

Today's Plan: 1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, vit/min supp., foot and leg exercises to prevent blood clots.
  • Good morning again! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁❤️😷🍀
  • August 2021
    Nancy: I wish we had more shade trees...I think it would mean weeds that grew much slower...
    Good Morning Tealer, CieCie, and Diana!
    Welcome backkkkkk Rachel! Were your cats happy to see you?

I filled up another bushel with weeds. Gee, maybe with all this weeding, maybe we should put in gravel. But you know, we have a gravel driveway, and it is amazing how many plants germinate/thrive in gravel. I did some wts. and some exercises on the stability ball last night.
    Thanks for the info Goodlif.
  • Hi all! Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. Have a load of laundry in the dryer so need to wait until that’s done. 😁🍀😷❤️
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Figured out the ticker and got it updated.

Steps for yesterday: 6,104
    This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy! Have a great start to your week!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
    August 2

Matthew 11:28
    'Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

'
    Sunday was 'anything goes' day. Carol had decided that if she was good about sticking to her diet through the week, she would allow herself to splurge on Sunday. It made the diet so much more tolerable. Interestingly, she never really went overboard on Sunday. She ate something she really liked, but she ate a moderate amount and found herself totally satisfied. Whenever we attempt something difficult, we need to allow ourselves a respite. It is a good thing to take a break, even from a diet. It requires self-control, but it can help us keep a healthy perspective on why we diet in the first place. Once we have rested from our fast, we can return to it renewed.

Today's thought: I am tired of being heavy-ladened physically!
  • Finally headed out the door. Will get my mask, keys, money and head out the door. 😁🍀😷❤️
  • I got up early this morning to watch the US women's soccer team lose to Canada. Oh well. I didn't get enough sleep last night, but still feel pretty ok.

I am still on my vegan whole food diet. Had 2 sliced up apples for breakfast with coffee and a very large salad for lunch. There was cake in the office for someone's birthday, but I wasn't really tempted. The junk food is mostly out of my system and I am not craving it much. Also it wasn't one of my favorite types of cake. Winding down the work day and about to eat my strawberries.

Happy Monday Chicks!
  • Good afternoon! Just woke up from a nap. Will take a shower in a few minutes. 😁❤️😷🍀
  • August 2021
    Good Afternoon!

Rachel: Hope you are recovering from being "run over by a Mac truck"... Do you have someone coming in to do physical therapy with you?
    Tealer: Good for you, skipping the cake. Sometimes, I wish and don't wish to be in certain situations (at the same time). Did you ever play soccer?

I biked/swam this am. I wish that I was energized by the process...For lunch, I made 3 mini BLT sliders with thin slices of French bread, 3/4 slice of bacon, lettuce, tomato and cucumber. Yum. I do my burgers with thin slices of French bread, veggies and 1 ounce size burgers...It works out pretty well. And baby carrots...
  • Good evening! Power walked and ran errands after my shower. Had supper. Will be in a Zoom meeting in a few minutes. 😁🍀😷❤️
  • Good evening to all
    WI, so I always count "Monday" as my official WI....and of course I am all bloated so my scale told me I was up 2lbs this am...that makes a gain of .4 for the week....drats.
    WO made it to the gym but could only do 30 on the elliptical and tried the weights, barely got one set of 4 lifts done....it is going to be a slow road back to where I was. But this gives me something to build on and note in a month from now.

Teri I don't know if the shade makes the weeds grow slower, but it is a breeding ground for MOSS. There is not getting rid of moss when you have a yard surrounded by evergreens. The needles drop and choke out the grass and poof, and tada...you have moss. We did spend one summer raking it all up, replanting seed, only to have moss take over in less than six months.
    Rachel, what types of exercises are you allowed to do these next few weeks? If you driving restricted? How are mom and dad?
    Diana, I am so glad you managed to fix your 'ticker' it kinda made me sad to see it all messed up
    Tealer, I get it about the junk food, I really go through phases and right now it really does not taste that great and leaves me more hungry in a few hours. I do like cut up strawberries, and if I am feeling really like some fun I take my melon ball maker to a watermelon.
    ciecie, a nap sounds so wonderful right now....<sigh>
  • Good evening again! Just got home from power walking and running errands. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 😁🍀😷❤️
  • Hi Everyone!

Nancy The ticker being messed up was kinda like a reflection of me me.

Total Approx 1240 calories +

Breakfast ( 310 calories & )
    Frittata
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    veggies 60
    14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
    juice equivalent to 60 calories
    coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (320 Calories)
    2 Siggi's yogurts 220 calories
    Banana 100 calories

Dinner (610 Calories)
    salmon seared in the pan 350 calories
    sauteed yellow squash and shredded carrots 100 calories
    peach cobbler 250 calories

Exercise:
    2 miles w/Leslie and CS hips
    We had bad storms this afternoon so I couldn't walk outside.

Have a Blessed evening!