The Great Pumpkin Challenge Week 4

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Sorry, Chicks, I was a bit late getting the Week 4 thread started.
    Congratulations to everyone who lost weight in Week 3. Also, congratulations to everyone who stayed OP but didn't lose weight (myself included). We just have to stick to our resolve and some day we will get the big payoff.
    If you've been having trouble sticking with your woe, don't give up. We're not even halfway through the challenge so there's still time to make up for past mistakes.
  • that's ok, linda. all is well here. no loss this past week, but hoping to see a loss tomorrow morning. finally had a movement after 17 days. boy do i feel better. i think i have about 8 1/2 lbs left to meet my gpc goal. good luck everyone and have a great day!
  • Greetings from London
    Back from a carbfilled holiday to Italy. Did only put on 3 lbs - not too bad considering that we had pasta/bread every day - did however stick to white wine ... now got 17lbs to loose, happy if I can loose half of that before challenge is up ...
    Take care
    J
  • I made a BIG mistake this week. I fixed a beautiful ham. Had it for dinner for two nights. The first night, I got incredible gas, bloating, etc. I put it off to a bug that was going around. Night 2, all of the above accompanied by PAIN and diarrhea. I told DH that I couldn't figure it out. (How many of you are way ahead of me here?) He said, "Did that ham have sugar in it?" What a dunce I am. I hadn't even thought of that. I usually read labels religiously, but not on meat. I've gained 3 pounds, but I hope it's just water weight. I also had a major charlie horse in my right thigh last night, something that hasn't happened since I've been on Atkins. I used to get them at least once a month. Lesson learned. Time to move on. Thanks for listening to my sad,sad story.

Karla
  • I stayed the same - still down 5 pounds, but holding. I think I'm eating too many things with salt in them (sausage etc.) and cheese.

Still trying to get my 80 oz of water in every day. Need to get started for today . . .
  • Must have been the week. I too, stayed the same. Went out to dinner at Applebee's with family the other nihgt, blew it, had fries, and then the heartburn began all over again. Then, dah, had apple pie last night.... Say no more... HEARTBURN! Ate Tums, today I think I'm back on track. Last night was dumb! And very definetely not on a low carb regimen. Hopefully I will remember how lousy I felt and not even consider that again for some time. Had been LCing for 3 weeks and hadn't had heartburn even once. Guess I'm on to something.

Better luck to all os us this week.

Michelle

SW 219
    CW 209
    Pumpkin challenge - onederland!
  • I guess I got frustrated with GAINING last week (one pound, for no reason!) and I have been grabbing a handful of tortilla chips for the last two days. I can't believe I did that. Twice yesterday, once today. We had them at work... Did a nice long run on the treadmill today (well walk!) and I even felt sluggish...why do I eat carbs!?
  • I don't know what happened to my post. It just disappeared into thin air.
    Now I can't remember what I said.

Anyhow, I had a pretty good day. Stayed OP.
    Yogurt for breakfast and lunch
    An omelet for mid-afternoon
    Bacon and salad for dinner

There was also an ounce of cheese and a couple of squares of sugar free chocolate bar in there.
  • Hi all!

Jennifer 3FC - I have to tell you I tried your smothie recipe the other day and added the Psyllum huskes! IT not only tastes fabulous.. It WORKED!! I used Ricotta Cheese instead of the Cottage Cheese though because it has less carbs.

Had another one this morning! YUMMY!
  • I finally had my first real cheat. I mean, I have eaten more than I intended to from time to time, but not a real carbo-binge. And I just realized as I was typing, this "binge" is nothing like the ones in my past. What I did was snarffed down 3 low-fat s'mores granola bars. My daughter takes one in her lunch each day for a treat so they were in the house. I'm back OP today, but still craving sweets.

Jennifer, I wonder if you could post that smoothie recipe again (or remind me which thread it was on!). I remember you said you put chocolate protein powder in. What kind/brand do you use. I don't have a problem with constipation or anything, never have, thank goodness, but I can't seem to get enough fiber into my diet. Figured the psyllum husks would help. Also, it sounds kind of "dessertish" and that may be just what I need!
  • Karen, glad it 'worked' for you!

Hey Jen, I can't remember where I posted it, but it is easy to remember cos this is the only one I really eat/drink - the cottage cheese turns a lot of people off, but I swear it whirls right up into nothing. Makes a nice thick shake.

1 heaping scoop chocolate whey protein powder
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    a serving or two of psyllium husk
    a splash of cream and/or water if you need it...
    5-6 ice cubes
    sweetener

Ok, protein powder - I use only whey, I don't like egg or soy. I buy either Designer Whey or EAS mostly. I buy them in big 5 pound jugs on Vitaglo, and you frequently get free shipping there and it is loads cheaper than what I buy locally.

For sweetener, I usually drop in 7-10 drops of liquid stevia. If I have the extra carbs to spare, I add a couple of teaspoons of cocoa and extra stevia or Splenda. It is also GREAT with a spoonful of decaf instant coffee in it. Makes a nice mocha.

If you have never made smoothies before, then add the cottage cheese in first, so you don't have all the dry stuff around the blades. For some reason, sometimes I need to add liquids, and sometimes I don't. These are a lot better in my opinion that anything you can buy. I usually get indigestion with the canned ones, but the homemade I don't, and it seems to keep me full longer, plus the fiber from the psyllium really helps. REALLY.
  • I wonder how my home made yogurt would taste in your smoothie recipe, Jennifer.

Don't forget, Chicks, tomorrow is our WEIGH IN. I'm really nervouse about it and when I'm nervous my body tends to hold onto pounds. I think it does it out of spite.
    Anyhow, I've been really firm with myself this week about avoiding the scales. Bad enough I measured and haven'tlost any inches in 3 weeks of Body Flex. (sigh)

I guess we'll find out tomorrow if anything is working for me.
  • WI day. I lost 1 pound this week. I need to change my signature. I'm down to 308. only 8 pounds to go to make my goal. Good luck everyone.

Karla
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by Jennifer 3FC
    Karen, glad it 'worked' for you!

I usually get indigestion with the canned ones, but the homemade I don't, and it seems to keep me full longer, plus the fiber from the psyllium really helps. REALLY.
    Jennifer - I bet that is why i get indigestion! I had an atkins advantage shake yesterday and had it all day afterwards.. Hmm... I wonder if the days that I do get it, that is the cause.. I will have to go back through my journals now....
  • Weigh in day!

I am down 2 pounds!! WOO HOO! A total of 5 pounds for the challenge so 10 more to go to make my goal! Dont know if I will make that in 4 more weeks.. but I am going to give it my best shot!

I also measured and am down 7.5 more inches on my body for a total of 17 inches in 8 weeks! WOO HOO!

I have also gotten in ALL my water and vitamins! And Exercised 5 days this week! One day short, but that was due to this being my anniversary weekend!

Talk to you all later!