Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-11-2021, 11:12 PM   #16  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Lisa: We haven't forgotten you! Missing you and hoping that everything is okay!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 08:50 AM   #17  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello Kathleen !

Yes we want to know how Pat is doing!!

Also missing our good good friend Lisa!!!

and Hi to Tree, continued support to you for having so much, taking care of your husband and all of life.

I have not heard yet when I can start back at the Club. I don't want to be irritating to them but yeah I would like to know! I will be patient for another couple of weeks.

I did find a lady of my age on youtube who has a strength routine, but it is not ideal to me because she will tell you what the moves are, then you are supposed to do it on your own, then go back to view the next exercise..I need to follow someone exactly. Also, with strength training, it is so hard for me to judge when is 'enough'. I know it's supposed to be difficult, not painful, but its really a challenge for me to know what point that is.

I actually have a physical therapy appt today, my first ever. I told my primary care phyician that I wanted to get an experts advice on knee strengthening exercises, and info on strength training for someone my age. that's today at 12:30.

I am trying very hard to either come to grips with the excess in this house. If worst came to worst and if my husband passed, I would be able to clean out everything (mostly by giving away somehow) relatively quickly but I want to live here and USE the 2 vacant rooms that are filled. I had mentioned 'clutter' to the therapist (my one visit to him) and he suggested 'yard sale'. That sounds great but first you have to have the people in your house agree to release stuff .

good news is that our weather has been unbelievably great. we have NEVER had all the snow gone by the last week of March; and even if snow was gone, it is usually 'raw' weather in April. I have been able to rake; do lawn clean up; and even able to go into our little woods and do more lopping down of potential trees and brush.

and better news, my husband got my bike out of the garage yesterday and I went for my first ride!! felt great. Just into town an back.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 07:46 AM   #18  
Biker Chick!

Hello friends!

Thinking of our Pat

and Lisa

so great to hear from Tree and Kathleen recently

Good news from me; the physical therapist is confident that my knee pain can be helped by strengthening the muscles in my legs and glutes. She sent me home with 4 exercises to do. And I see her again next week. I did tell her I have no idea how much my crappy insurance will pay for; and if it seems excessive I will have to cease; she appreciated hearing that and said she could set me up with LOTS of homework oh and she complimented me on my flexibility! nice to get a comp from a professional.

I am continuing with the nutritionist phone sessions (another one today) because those are free.

I cancelled the next appt with the counselor/therapist; as I have too many issues to even start with and those sessions are - get this - $170 for 1/2 hour, my ins. pays for all but I have a $30 co-pay; but still not worth the time/trouble.

It is snowing right now we could get an inch or 3 or 6

back to good news, the chef/boss called and said he is going into the Club starting the last week of this month, to start to assess, clean and plan. I asked if I could tag along I need to try to reprogram my mind to working, as I have had off for so very long.
Old 04-17-2021, 01:01 PM   #19  
Biker Chick!

Guess I am dominating this space lately Again I am trying to clean out stuff. all I can focus on is 'my' stuff. I have boxes and boxes of photos from my great-aunt on my dad's side. Like, how much of this does one keep??? it mostly makes me sad to look through them! My husband keeps saying don't throw them out, they can be scanned; but he doesn't have the time and won't make the time and I don't want to either. I have had these for almost 20 years, since my dad died. I pull them out like every 5 years and attempt to do something with them and end up putting them back. I *think* I have ditched at least a box of photos in the past. I do not feel heartache over that; i don't miss them . Maybe that;s what I need to do again.

This morning I did finally complete a cleanup of sorts, I combined 2 bookcases into one, and dragged the extra one outside by myself. When my husband comes home he'll be shocked, lol, probably not completely happy with what I did but i don't care. I HAD to make that change in our upstairs tiny hall. I've also been nagging for weeks (which i don't usually do) for him to look through those bookcases and decide which books he would let me get rid of . I finally had to pin him down to do so the other day. WHY is it made so hard for me

Not a very 'up' day, I am trying now to count my blessings and be more positive

We did get almost 4 inches of snow ugh. It is slowly melting though and will hopefully be gone in a few days.

I have to turn in my leased car in June and just found out that our second vehicle will not pass inspection. So we have to scout for 2 vehicles very soon.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:02 PM   #20  
Biker Chick!

Hello friends!! And you ARE all such good friends . I just spent an hour reading old posts . Some of us have been posting here for EIGHT YEARS. Lisa, Kathleen; remember Monica? and PandaCupcake? and Coop! Pat...and now Tree...you have all been here for me and you have all said such WONDERFUL loving meaningful things to me when I needed it most. Thank you all so much.

Am hoping so much that our dear Pat is doing okay

Also our dear friend Lisa . She has said wonderful things to me here for years and I will not forget her

And Coop, if you ever read here you KNOW you can just jump back in

Kathleen how are you ?? And hello Tree - so you are opposite our weather, right? what is your weather like? more importantly how are you doing, you have so much to take care of your husband.

The four inches of snow I spoke of, a few days ago? or was it a week ago..anyway, that melted, we had OK weather, then cooler, then this morning woke to at least 2" more, it's all white again . oh well it should melt in a couple days!

We have looked at 2 used cars and both were not good. Still looking.

I spoke of cleaning out that bookcase , I am enjoying the open space I created so much. And trying still to focus on blessings and positives, instead of what I don't have or what is not being accomplished here.

I am in great health, I am about 6 lbs. more than what is expected in my range but I am strong and can still exercise and will keep doing so! and I'm following the physical therapist's home exercises religously as well as my own youtube stuff.

I am still going thru old (like 1940's old) family photos and trying to keep a record to give to our sons, then pitch the rest. I have written about these photos for YEARS here and how they just make me too sad.

Did I tell you that I can start to go to my summer job this Monday?? it is so early (we don't open officially til May 19th) but I have the manager's blessing to come as soon as i want. Cleaning is the big thing; organizing, supplies lists, the whole she-bang. Woo-hoo

I can hear the wet heavy snow falling in *WHOOMPS* off the roof
Old 04-25-2021, 03:57 PM   #21  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Holly: Sorry you have been alone here for the past couple of weeks. I have just been very busy with tons of appointments and family events and trying to get some kind of order to my house in between everything. And we have started going to the lake on weekends already (since Easter weekend), so that leaves me less time to get caught up on things at home. I feel like I am caught up in a rat race, going from one "to do" to the next. I've felt this way for awhile. I have been trying to refocus my priorities and live in the moment, but I continue to fail miserably. Then, last Sunday, the 36-year-old son of a very good friend died unexpectedly. That reminds me of the importance of following priorities and living in the moment. Life is so short! My heart breaks for my friend.

I'm glad things are going well with the physical therapist. That is great that you will be going back to your summer job on Monday! Please let us know how it goes.

Continuing to keep Pat in my prayers. I sure hope everything is okay! 🙏💙

IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:46 AM   #22  
Biker Chick!

Hello Kathleen! I am so glad that your lake house is now part of your enjoyment However I am sorry that you are so caught in the daily 'have to do' type things. That "living in the moment" is a very hard thing to do, isnt' it! the one visit I had with the counselor, when I mentioned that, he said (and I think I mentioned it here) to try to think, "If I didn't have anything to worry about how would I feel right now?" as a way to live in the moment. However as you and I know, one HAS to think about the future and plan, so I don't know how to combine the two I dunno.

TODAY I get to go to work! haha, how excited I am about that, instead of complaining. I have already put my 3 or 4 boxes of stuff in my car (special baking equipment, all my organizational notes/paper/pens, my personal stuff that goes in my room) and got up at 6, the first time in months. If the water is flowing there (they shut it off for the winter) then I can run things thru the Hobart. if not, it will just be a 'getting back to the mindset', and organizing and visiting with the manager/front of the house lady

I got new exercises from the physical therapist last week, plus 3 NEW exercise bands, different colors, I guess different strengths. I do not like to do the exercises because they are hard but I guess that means they are effective. I value my mobility and need the strength and stamina to work! so I will do them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
Continuing to keep Pat in my prayers. I sure hope everything is okay! 🙏💙
YES!! And Lisa
Old 04-26-2021, 06:51 AM   #23  

Love this thread!
hilly998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 07:58 AM   #24  
Biker Chick!

Hilly998, join in!

My day at work on Monday was good, it was so good to be there, but it was freezing, no heat in the building and you could see your breath! thank goodness the maintenance guy set up a space heater in the kitchen. the chef and I did as much as we could, but we didn't have running water either. Hopefully when I am there tomorrow the water will be on. I can find other things to do, like inventory.

we are still searching for 2 used cars for us, I have to turn in my lease in June, and we found out our other vehicle won't pass inspection. ugh!

I get my second vax today!
Old 04-28-2021, 07:59 AM   #25  
Biker Chick!

Kathleen I meant to comment and offer my sympathy about the untimely passing of your friend's son! the worst pain for a parent!
Old 09-20-2021, 04:29 PM   #26  

I feel like there's two people that live in my body. The "okay" one is the guy who goes to work everyday, talks to people all day for a living and then comes home to be alone. I even have a girlfriend living with me and I just want to be alone (but with her still here). Same thing goes Kodi nox for the weekends.
amelbeabk is offline   Reply With Quote